Zero Punctuation: Vanquish

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
Wilco86 said:
Was the carpet in the review from Thief 2? I have some kind of PTSD trying to align those textures properly while playing with DromEd...
Don't you mean the UnrealEd?
Thief 1 & 2 editor was officially DromEd the last time I checked...

http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/DromEd

And I don't think Dark Engine has much to do with the Unreal one.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Worgen said:
Level 7 Dragon said:
My countrymen are the villains again

takes a shot while crying
Actually..
It turns out the attack on San Fransico was organized by the president with Russia to establish a new world order... So... its... uhh... hmm. I feel like this plot would have felt sillier last year.
Considering how, from Russian perspective, Trump's relationship with Russia is just as bad Obama's, it's beyond silly.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
RealRT said:
Worgen said:
Level 7 Dragon said:
My countrymen are the villains again

takes a shot while crying
Actually..
It turns out the attack on San Fransico was organized by the president with Russia to establish a new world order... So... its... uhh... hmm. I feel like this plot would have felt sillier last year.
Considering how, from Russian perspective, Trump's relationship with Russia is just as bad Obama's, it's beyond silly.
They probably should have thought about that before they helped influence things so we got an unstable egomaniac instead of Hillary who might have been more hardline but more predictable.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Worgen said:
They probably should have thought about that before they helped influence things so we got an unstable egomaniac instead of Hillary who might have been more hardline but more predictable.
Ah, good old US, blaming us for things we have nothing to do with.

You know, maybe, MAYBE you should start blaming your countrymates for YOUR president. Just sayin'.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
RealRT said:
Worgen said:
Ah, good old US, blaming us for things we have nothing to do with.

You know, maybe, MAYBE you should start blaming your countrymates for YOUR president. Just sayin'.
Oh I'm not not blaming the American people. After all.
But remember, Hillary won the popular election, not that, that matters here since it all comes down to the electoral college but that made it easier for what impact the Russian hacking did have to swing things for the aforementioned 'people of the land.' After all, wikileaks put out a lot of dmc stuff and claimed do have a bunch of stuff on trump too, but they also didn't release any of the trump stuff.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Is it just me, or has Yahtzee become something of an insufferable liberal since he moved to the United States? There's barely an episode going by without an out-of-touch jab at American politics.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Worgen said:
But remember, Hillary won the popular election, not that, that matters here since it all comes down to the electoral college but that made it easier for what impact the Russian hacking did have to swing things for the aforementioned 'people of the land.' After all, wikileaks put out a lot of dmc stuff and claimed do have a bunch of stuff on trump too, but they also didn't release any of the trump stuff.
Alleged Russian hacks as claimed by Hillary's allies. As far as we know, there is no solid proof of that, only people claiming that they totally have the proof right there, but not showing it to the public. Give me that before you give me your accusations. I'm sick to death of hearing the West accuse us of everything and give us credit for nothing.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
RealRT said:
Worgen said:
Alleged Russian hacks as claimed by Hillary's allies. As far as we know, there is no solid proof of that, only people claiming that they totally have the proof right there, but not showing it to the public. Give me that before you give me your accusations. I'm sick to death of hearing the West accuse us of everything and give us credit for nothing.
LOL, its pretty well established it was a russian hack into the dmc. I mean we have 13 intelligence agency's who have enough proof to say it was russian in origin so I'm gonna go with them. This wasn't your people hacking voting machines or anything like that, this was them putting out info on one candidate to try and get the other one elected. They thought trump would be more friendly to russia, he sounded like it on the campaign trail, but hes also an unpredictable crazy person.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Balkan said:
Is it just me, or has Yahtzee become something of an insufferable liberal since he moved to the United States? There's barely an episode going by without an out-of-touch jab at American politics.
He's always been left of centre, well before he moved.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Balkan said:
It's probably because our politics have become an absurd dadaist shitshow that makes for easy joke material.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Hawki said:
Balkan said:
He's always been left of centre, well before he moved.
I've watched every single ZP + all videos in Yahtzee's YouTube channel. I've also read a big chunk of his old blog, and I can definitely say that he kind of cucks out whenever he smells a bit of pussy. The guy moved to Australia to chase a ***** that ended up dumping him.

My theory is that his current girlfriend is a raging lefty and that the center-Left wouldn't work if Yahtzee wasn't to keep his dick relatively wet. That's why he must make an obligatory jab at Trump every single episode. I can remember at least 3-4 lame political jokes in the recent videos, while he avoided those when he was in Australia, despite Trump being a thing even then. In other words, he's not center-left at all anymore, or at least pretends to be pro-Democratic party. I mean, saying that the GOP "hates you so fucking much" is something a delusional American liberal would say.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Balkan said:
I've watched every single ZP + all videos in Yahtzee's YouTube channel. I've also read a big chunk of his old blog, and I can definitely say that he kind of cucks out whenever he smells a bit of pussy. The guy moved to Australia to chase a ***** that ended up dumping him.

My theory is that his current girlfriend is a raging lefty and that the center-Left wouldn't work if Yahtzee wasn't to keep his dick relatively wet. That's why he must make an obligatory jab at Trump every single episode.
Well, that's an...interesting, theory, that focuses conspicuously a lot on the idea of sexual repressment. I mean, just saying...

Balkan said:
I can remember at least 3-4 lame political jokes in the recent videos, while he avoided those when he was in Australia, despite Trump being a thing even then.
Don't recall that, he was always making those jokes. He even wove in his dismay that Abbott won the election into one of them.

Balkan said:
I mean, saying that the GOP "hates you so fucking much" is something a delusional American liberal would say.
Or...it's a joke? I suppose only "delusional" people make them. Or, I suppose if his politics were reversed, you'd be more reciprocal to him?

I mean, ZP is based on tearing down everything and anything (mainly games), so you might want to watch it in the knowledge that you're not going to agree with everything that's said.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Hawki said:
Balkan said:

My theory is that his current girlfriend is a raging lefty and that the center-Left wouldn't work if Yahtzee wasn't to keep his dick relatively wet. That's why he must make an obligatory jab at Trump every single episode.
Well, that's an...interesting, theory, that focuses conspicuously a lot on the idea of sexual repressment. I mean, just saying...

Balkan said:
I can remember at least 3-4 lame political jokes in the recent videos, while he avoided those when he was in Australia, despite Trump being a thing even then.
Don't recall that, he was always making those jokes. He even wove in his dismay that Abbott won the election into one of them.

Balkan said:
I mean, saying that the GOP "hates you so fucking much" is something a delusional American liberal would say.
Or...it's a joke? I suppose only "delusional" people make them. Or, I suppose if his politics were reversed, you'd be more reciprocal to him?

I mean, ZP is based on tearing down everything and anything (mainly games), so you might want to watch it in the knowledge that you're not going to agree with everything that's said.
ZP's humor is based around Yahtzee tearing games and expressing his opinions, with some irony added, but not at the expense of YZ's honest opinions. If the roles were reversed, and he shat on Hillary instead of Trump, of course I'd be less annoyed, as I'm not hearing that kind of humor 24/7. The media isn't just flooded with anti-Trump jokes, it's practically sunken and buried in an ocean of "literally Hitler". Also, did I mention that the villain in his recent book is Donald Trump? An orange-skinned, corrupt, tasteless, callous, and diabolic buffoon in a world destroyed by global warming?

As to the sexual repression part, well, Yahtzee has admitted to having problems with the anxiety and the ladies in the Let's Drown Outs, and he jumped continents twice in pursuing women. People that have a hard time finding attachment also have a hard time letting go. It's just an interesting thing to note. Have a listen:

https://youtu.be/k6UHdzmUn2U?list=PLkkiai4nXBVK0_qBlVvktH1qNzkiR4Dqs

Just hear - he sounded more natural and energetic back then. I think that Yahtz's personal life is bad at the moment, and that can explain the low-hanging fruit jokes and the massive drop in quality in his output, both in ZP, gameplay commentary, and in his books. It's not just because of him moving to America, but abandoning all his friends for a girl that he doesn't even seem to have chemistry with (he sounds more relaxed and cool with Gabriel than he did with his current girlfriend).

I'm not trying to shit on Yahtzee, as I said, I've been a fan for close to a decade. But I have a feeling that he's getting more and more out of touch with each video.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Balkan said:
I can definitely say that he kind of cucks out whenever he smells a bit of pussy.
Jesus Christ. Fucking class.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Kwak said:
Balkan said:
I can definitely say that he kind of cucks out whenever he smells a bit of pussy.
Jesus Christ. Fucking class.
Okay, I'll admit that I phrased that in hopes to make people mad, but the facts remain - Yahtzee acts differently and rather irrationally when in a relationship - as most men, including ol' Balkan here do. We're all "beta phag cucks" deep down, Kwak.