Zero Punctuation: Video Game Voters Network

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
OH WHAT THE 30 BILLIONS SHITS IS THAT? another nazi american site that presumes all members must have US ZIP code! fuck you 38 times in a row! Don't these organisations want to have the opinion of the whole world? No cuz they're nazis.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Pugiron said:
Glad evil, stupid America has a Constitution, unlike Britain, and that our Constitution has a Bill of Rights to guarantee us those rights, unlike Australia's Constitution.
Now, you act as if a lack of a bill of rights is a bad thing. It honestly isn't. While it is true that Australia does not have one, it hardly makes daily life any different. It just means we got rid of the gun nuts after the first big massacre (Port Arthur, to those not in the know), rather than having them hide behind a scrap of paper.

...Legal Studies FTW!

Valkyrie1981

Apr 12, 2010
Beyond the rant

To call Yahtzee a sell out is rather disingenuous to his own rights. I've spent some time in Australia and for all its loveliness their are many problems with how they censor from their citizens.

Granted the site he is promoting is rather silly idea of going against the highly successful self regulation the Video Game industry does. However this is what he felt his beliefs allied on. He isn't an idiot and knows that whatever the United States does, Australia and their Black Hat neighbors will not only parrot it, but put it on steroids.

With the United States in the middle of a Electoral Revolution it is not surprising, someone as vocal as Yahtzee would throw in his hat.

It will take decades to fix the economic mess the United States put itself in over the past ten years of poor economic policies. We are also suffering from Generational welfare, which only increases poverty, crime, and more government intervention. It will take even longer to replace the activist judges who are forcing legislation from the bench.

I am sure it is only a matter of time before President Obama has no problem to rule by Fiat which he has done dozens of times, so I am sure it is a matter of time before a Czar is created or appointed to regulate video games. Remember we are talking about a administrator who by rule by fiat has made it so that the President can at anytime shutdown the internet within the United States.

Censorship is one of the oldest problems in the world, and in a free society one of the first things dictators enact.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
Ocelano said:
HotFezz8 said:
im english, isn't this just aimed at yanks?
so? yahtzhees a british voiced aussie he's doing his bit.

Off topic did anybody think something sounded different about his voice or speech pattern I spent the whole thing thinking that he sounded wrong
ah, no you misinterpretted me. what i meant was that i tried. but being british i can't contribute. and yahtzee is a brit/auzzie anyway.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Ocelano said:
HotFezz8 said:

Off topic did anybody think something sounded different about his voice or speech pattern I spent the whole thing thinking that he sounded wrong
Yeah I noticed he sounded off too.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Well, this is great and all, but why is Yahtzee doing this again? I suppose he's a logical choice, as far as coverage goes.
Anyway, as an Australian, I can merely support the idea, whilst nervously glancing at our own video game issues. So I'll do that.
EHKOS said:
Ocelano said:
HotFezz8 said:

Yeah I noticed he sounded off too.
He sounded more like he used to, in the old videos. Can't say why, maybe it's his serious voice?

8bitdragon

Jun 23, 2010
Brilliantly said! Video games need to be protected under the same rights that protect other forms of free speech.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I guess it doesn't make much sense for politicians to pander to video game fans. From what I've seen here (and this includes me), we're a bunch of people jaded to the whole politico to the point of just choosing to be uninvolved. So in our seeing politics for what it is and subsequently ignoring it, we've kind of made ourselves vulnerable.

proghead

Apr 17, 2010
albino boo said:
The same law is already extant in most of the democratic world, the EU alone has 500 million people living in it. The presumption that America is bigger market that the EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Korea combined is just plain wrong. In the UK Asda, which is owned by walmart, sells 18 rated games. Also Amazon, steam, direct to drive and gamestop all continue to sell 18 games. Most western countries already have boards that give legally enforced age requirements to films, yet somehow manage to maintain artistic freedom, in fact French and German film is considerably more political than Hollywood. Bottom line here guys, if virtually the entire western world has this law without any threat to sales or to freedom of speech, why is America so different?
Because some people, that the uninformed masses think are cool, say it's bad. Get over it USA. It's not as bad as you think - by far. Like i said, it may even be a chance to have more mature games be made, once the kid's welfare has been taken care of. No more ambiguity.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
I couldn't care less about happens to the to the U.S., and am disappointed that Yahtzee would follow said country on Facebook and waste an entire video talking about the issues his new friend is facing. I waited a week for this video.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
I dunno, I don't wanna feel like a drone for just doing what yahtzee says but.... I dunno seems like a good cause

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
proghead said:
albino boo said:
The same law is already extant in most of the democratic world, the EU alone has 500 million people living in it. The presumption that America is bigger market that the EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Korea combined is just plain wrong. In the UK Asda, which is owned by walmart, sells 18 rated games. Also Amazon, steam, direct to drive and gamestop all continue to sell 18 games. Most western countries already have boards that give legally enforced age requirements to films, yet somehow manage to maintain artistic freedom, in fact French and German film is considerably more political than Hollywood. Bottom line here guys, if virtually the entire western world has this law without any threat to sales or to freedom of speech, why is America so different?
Because some people, that the uninformed masses think are cool, say it's bad. Get over it USA. It's not as bad as you think - by far. Like i said, it may even be a chance to have more mature games be made, once the kid's welfare has been taken care of. No more ambiguity.
There already is no ambiguity. It's called a ratings system, but unfortunately, the porked-up baby-boomers and aging Gen-Xers (Did I reverse those...?) aren't big on the whole "parenting" thing, so they don't do research. (There is, naturally, no such push when it comes to movies, showing a hypocrisy only the most useless people can't see.)

You see, there's one thing we couldn't expect Euros to particularly understand: Americans believe in personal freedom to choose for themselves what they want to expose themselves to. We don't see it as the government's place (MPAA is not a government agency, btw) to coo a lullaby into our ears and tuck us into beddy-bye at night.The problem is the aforementioned people (called "the Me generation" because they lose all ability to focus on anything that is not wholly about them) seem content to hand their kids off to the government without a thought as long as it gives them more time to watch soaps.

This isn't just about video games. But like I said, I can't imagine Euros getting that. You already approve of the government deciding what is good for you, so you really don't understand what the controversy is.

Oh well. Even the most conservative "I'm against big government unless it makes life easier for me" justice on the court (Scalia, for the record) won't support this liberal nanny-state policy out of California. And "Kennedy, J. dissenting" retired. So I think this will be a slam dunk. Free expression is big around here.

Lonan said:
I couldn't care less about happens to the to the U.S., and am disappointed that Yahtzee would follow said country on Facebook and waste an entire video talking about the issues his new friend is facing. I waited a week for this video.
Try looking at a calendar or getting a routine. It may help you tell one day of the week from the next some time.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm a starving Canadian college student, why would the US supreme court have any reason to care what I think?

...besides, I'm no longer sure which side to take on this issue.