Zero Punctuation: Viewer's Choice: Duke Nukem Forever

ahpuch

Mar 19, 2009
complaining that its a review of a game that doesn't exist is missing the point.

It's a review of game industry hype and its fans and the idiots that poor money into the machine. The fact that he used a non-existent game as his device, makes the review no less important his other best reviews. Its winning is not an embarrassment for the escapist. Complaining about it winning however.....

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
TheEnglishman said:
Mikeyfell said:
yay...... I mean I voted against Duke Nukem in every round but still.....yay
i was glad to be part of the democratic process
I learned an important lesson; your vote only counts if you side with the astoundingly thick majority.
Not that your bitter about your defeat or anything.
This post proves that it's the small things in life that really matter.

Invisibro

Sep 1, 2010
Out-fucking-standing, an entire contest just so that they wouldn't have to bother deciding which video to repost.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I don't really understand why we had this voting thing in the first place. Couldn't we done something a little bit more clever? Like say I don't know hire somebody to do a zero puncuation for Yahtzee so while we understand that Yahtzee's away we still get a new video? Sure people wouldn't like it as much but it's better than giving people a video to watch that's still exist to be viewed.

Or like how about a extra special zero puncuation roast where fans can send in all sorts of searing and yet hilarious complaints about Yahtzee with members of the esacpist pitching in.

Or! Or. We could just leave the entry for zero puncuation empty for this week. I mean rehashing a video is right up there with clip show in terms of season padding. And this isn't even a tv series so why does it need a filler video?

clank1013

May 21, 2009
this is deffently one of my favorite videos,
abosluty "Sub-Lime" from start to finish and if i will jam forks in my eyes if i ever use those words to describe anything else every again!

Sadclown

Aug 25, 2010
Pity about Wolfenstein gone so early but Duke deserves it.
P.S.:So? Who are lucky winners?

spankcakes

Mar 3, 2010
I dunno, but I liked this review, though my favorite was Dragon Age review. "Shadowhumper" stills makes me chuckle after oh-so-many many times I have watched it. Oh well...

Generic Difference

Apr 14, 2009
So does this mean that Yahtzee is not in fact a successful games critic or reviewer but instead comedian and satirist?

Hmm, methinks he is having his cake and eating it because he is both.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
So... what happens if Gearbox actually does finish the "Duke Nukum Forever" project and release it? Will he do another review?

Unlikely on both counts I know, but fun to think about.

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
Loved this one. Great exploration of what a 'perfect' game would be like while mocking the whole DNF fiasco. The sheer uniqueness of it easily made it a favorite methinks.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
I noticed that he said it had 6 axis control and achievments. what strange magical console was he playing.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
MattKirby said:
bor3ds0ul said:
Wait, so there's no new ZP this week? Wait, he's on holiday. Right
That's exactly what I was thinking, this whole tournament was just so he wouldn't have to work this week... damnit.
at least 10 people will win his book,so it wasn't a total waste of time,right?

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
Imper1um said:
I seriously thought shurikens and lightning was going to win. :p
Maybe if the game had actually had the flaming-tits gun, it would have won.

Blackglasswar

Sep 1, 2010
What I love so much about this review is...
a) it is funny (obviously)
b) it is ball achingly nit picky
c) that in the next weeks review someone ACTUALLY emailled to ask where to get it!