Zero Punctuation: Wii Sports Resort

mwnm

Jan 10, 2010
It's a good and funny review, and to a point accurate.

BUT

I really don't understand how a motion controller is *less* immersive than a normal one, and if it isn't then the idea that these games are less immersive is pish.

The only games that have feedback are driving ones.

Does a FPS feel less immersive because you don't feel like you're being shot due to not having a pressure sensitive vest that compresses and makes you feel like death has come to ride you away on his horse?

Exactly.

AmoeliaBadoelia

Feb 14, 2010
Zelda is the only game I play on my Wii and promises of the newest Zelda are what keep me from throwing my Wii at small children. All other games for the Wii can go ahead and get shat on. Even its name instills in me the most blinding rage.

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
I agree with Yahtzee in that sword fighting you'll revert back to flailing around pretty quickly but I feel that most of his hate for the Wii is the same as people hating gays. ALMOST COMPLETELY PERSONAL. I feel that maybe he's doing something wrong.

DarkenedWolfEye

Jan 4, 2010
I own a Wii myself, in fact it's the only console I own and I like it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to whine and ***** just because Mr. Yahtzee doesn't agree with me. Whoever it was who decided to cut a great thing like Zero Punctuation out of his life just because he says things that viewer didn't agree with was an idiot. Wednesday is the high point of my week, personally.
(And I loved Sonic Unleashed ... that may give you some idea of how little I'm going to let a difference of opinion get in the way of my enjoying this series.)

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
dennyaaa said:
I lol'ed at the word "Wii" ^^
And to think... The temporary working title for the Wii was "Revolution"... I still don't get how you go from Revolution to Wii...

Also, my brother owns a Wii. I have got to show this vid to him one of these days.

And best line in the vid: "WII BOWLING -- Oh fuck off. -- WII CANOEING"

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahaha oh man this one gets me every time
from bowling to cycling...lolll

makes me almost wanna try out some bowling
or 1940s style sports
or 'power cruising' hurr hurr (no not really)

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I laughed at the fake smile face. Sadly I disagree with him on the Wii, admitedly alot of titles have no idea how to use the movement controls and suck, but there are good games that show it as not just a gimmic.

CaKe iS kInDlY

Jul 15, 2010
I agree with Yahtzee. The Wii is nothing but a failed experiment. The idea of motion controls seemed awesome when it first came out. But now it's 3 (give or take) years later and it hasn't had a spectacular game since Mario Galaxy which came out 3 years ago. Even Brawl is pointless because I don't use the Wiimote I use the Gamecube controller. Furthermore, I hate the idea of Kinect and Playstation Move and I have no desire for them whatsoever. Motion sensitivity is the wrong direction for the next generation of videogaming.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Mydnyght said:
dennyaaa said:
I lol'ed at the word "Wii" ^^
And to think... The temporary working title for the Wii was "Revolution"... I still don't get how you go from Revolution to Wii...
Apparently they wanted the console's name to be easily pronounceable in other languages, also because the "i"s could represent the Wiimote or the two "i"s that look like people and thus fits the "we" wordplay...

Bah.

For some reason after watching all of Yahtzee's other reviews I find this one to be one of my favorites.