Zero Punctuation: Wolfenstein: The New Order

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
While I was disappointed that this wasn't a limerick video, I am suddenly more interested in W: TNO. Didn't expect such a pleasant surprise. I guess you did need last second poetry after Rhymedown came to a tragic end.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I was actually thinking about buying this one even though I've never really been into Wolfenstein. I just don't think my computer can run it.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
This is hands down one of his best reviews. I couldn't stop laughing.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I'm glad Yahtzee ended it with a Limerick after all ^-^
OT: It seems interesting, so I might give it a go. Though as he warned, I won't expect much innovation.

Slegiar Dryke

Dec 10, 2013
I had a pretty good guess Yahtzee would like this one a bit more. haven't played it myself, but just from what I've seen, it reaaaallly does have a lot of the feel of the old, good shooters, dusted with the coat of new graphics and some changes, but not so much to the point that you're choking on it like too much cinnamon. A+, games industry, maybe there's hope for you yet.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
I was actually thinking about buying this one even though I've never really been into Wolfenstein. I just don't think my computer can run it.
Isn't it also out for the consoles as well? Normally, I'm more of a RPG gamer and not an FPS gamer. (Though Borderlands helped muddle that a bit.) However, I might give this a look.

CAPTCHA: respect me

I hope the Captcha isn't channeling the game there. I will play the game and decide for myself whether it deserves respect, thankyouverymuch.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
GamemasterAnthony said:
canadamus_prime said:
Isn't it also out for the consoles as well? Normally, I'm more of a RPG gamer and not an FPS gamer. (Though Borderlands helped muddle that a bit.) However, I might give this a look.
It is currently on all current and last gen consoles bar the Wii and Wii U.

Akiraacecombat

Feb 10, 2011
Waiting for this review (or at least some mention of the game by Yathzee came around) until I got bored and bought the game.

Having a blast with it, yellow U-boat soundtrack and all that, is nice to know that he liked it too, and really, is pretty atmospheric and ... interesting (except for mecha super solider bosses ... thing which drag a bit).

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Its not exactly a graphics powerhouse, I'm sure most pcs can handle it.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Aptspire said:
I'm glad Yahtzee ended it with a Limerick after all ^-^
OT: It seems interesting, so I might give it a go. Though as he warned, I won't expect much innovation.
No, but I think thats one of the problems these days that might set up more title disappointment. Personally, every game doesnt have to come out and have new innovation to make me want to play it, honestly I care more about the story. Believe it or not, thats where this game will get you by the short and curlies. I was honestly shocked when I started playing it, and would now recommend this game to anyone. This game DESERVES to be successful. They didnt pull a Duke Nukem and try rebooting the character and utterly bury him. They actually elevated BJ in this game. Do yourself a favor, stay away from Youtube and avoid anything spoilerish about this game, and buy it. I seriously doubt you will be disappointed.

I bought Wolfenstein The New Order, to have a game on my One to kill Nazis and pass the time. What I got was a shooter that stuck to its roots, was fun to play, invested me completely in the game, and the biggest shocker of all... had a very heartfelt, powerful, and strong story. I loved this game, and it was the best $60 I spent this year, easily. EASILY.

elihuaran

Jul 14, 2010
Daemascus said:
canadamus_prime said:
Its not exactly a graphics powerhouse, I'm sure most pcs can handle it.
Oh, you. Unfortunately for a percentage of PC users, Wolfenstein TNO can only be run on 64-bit systems, and uses ID Tech 5 as the engine, meaning that the computer must have some amount of beef (not a bunch, but some) to try to run it. Obviously, it'll need more beef the better you want the game to look, but it should run fine on a computer built in the last three years or so.

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
Well, that makes me feel just a tinge better. I've considered buying this game (after the price drop and a 50% off sale on Steam, mind you) but the fact that it is (or so I've heard because I can't be bothered to stop playing Fallout to do some research) 50GB meant I'd spend 42 hours downloading it. By the time that it is a reasonable price, I may even have that shiny new 1TB SSD to replace one of my 2 HDDs.

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
GamemasterAnthony said:
canadamus_prime said:
Isn't it also out for the consoles as well?
It's a shooter. It uses a mouse. Thus, it is to be played on PC.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
For me i loved this game. Has that great blend of stealth and action. Where you can be stealthy and take out the enemy with silencers and knives. But when it kicks off, you have duel wield shotguns to help you to safety. The story was good, but the level variety was good and never out stayed its welcome. Thing is, i hated the the last Wolfenstein game, one of the few games i never completed.....and i completed the Green Lantern and Iron Man movie tie in games. lol.