Zero Punctuation: Yoshi's Woolly World - Cartoon Velociraptor

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
"Who cares if your mother cries every day, at least she didn't kill herself like your dad did you fucking loser"

O.O

I'm not even really sure how I'm supposed to respond to that, but christ it's going to stick with me to the day I die.

On a random note, don't have a Wii-u, but I actually liked the targeting system in that game, so I doubt it would bug me much here.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
You know... there WAS another Yoshi game after Yoshi's Island, on the N64.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I got so used to the targeting system in Yoshi's Island that I don't think I'd mind it so much nowadays.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Oh ye gods, Yahtzee, now you've done it. You had to ask about the name of Yoshi and the name of the species. Do you have ANY idea how many fanboys will now be emailing you to show off that they actually read the news story a year ago where someone read a 20-year-old strategy guide that revealed the thing actually has a (very silly) scientific name? You're DOOMED.

Logience

Jun 25, 2014
No mentioning of Kirby's Epic Yarn? Why? Did the "Mario" title kill Yahtzee's will to point out the obvious joke?

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
LordTerminal said:
Can we make it a law in the future that Yahtzee is no longer allowed to review games that are released in the UK before the states until after we Americans get them?
Because fuck everyone who isn't an American that watches Zero Punctuation, am I right?

LordTerminal said:
Also poor time time to review a Nintendo game the week Iwata died Yahtzee.
It's been said that he makes these reviews week(s) in advance, so one could call that coincidental, rather then malice.

LordTerminal said:
It just sounds like he's find trivial nitpicks again in what's basically an average platformer. Now come October, people will get the wrong idea and try it simply because Yahtzee didn't like it, which is why I get bitter at Nintendo reviews like this.
And yet fans keep on asking him to review Nintendo games and that nobody likes it when he's being nice to a game. People are still buying the game then, money in Nintendo's pocket, possibly more Mii-posts taking the piss, whats the problem.

thanatos388

Apr 24, 2012
Scow2 said:
I remember renting that and fucking hating it. Its the reason I put off playing the SNES game for so long. What a terrible fucking game.

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
So, I'll just keep playing Partners in Time, then; the good baby Mario game...

Sledgimus

Aug 15, 2008
It's a brass moustache, not a unicorn. And it's hidden behind a notice board on the wall, not under the floor. Bury your bed in shame, Yahtzee.

Khaosklub

Jul 16, 2015
I figured this game was a sequel to Nintendo's original arts and crafts game, Yoshi story. so the arts and crafts thing isn't recent. did australia not get yoshi story?

yoshi story had the free aiming with the analog stick, shame this one doesn't.

I believe the arts and craft looks for their games are too avoid the insane costs of HD graphics. The game looks better the cartoonier it gets. I'm sure paper mario is cheaper than making 3D models that look akin to the super mario RPG graphics.

Jorpho

Nov 6, 2008
Scow2 said:
Yes, and there was Yoshi's Island DS (which was even called Yoshi's Island 2 for a significant part of its developement). It looks much the same superficially, but the pacing and level design leave much to be desired, as if the devs had trouble grappling with the nature of "fun".

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
LordTerminal said:
Can we make it a law in the future that Yahtzee is no longer allowed to review games that are released in the UK before the states until after we Americans get them?
Because making Yahtzee's job considerably more complicated is definitely worth it just to appease part of the site's audience right?

There are others around here you know. Not everyone is American.
And traditionally, it works the other way around, so the rest of us have to deal with this on a regular basis without getting to complain about it.

But... Yahtzee is British (eg. European), and lives in Australia. (which, 99% of the time gets treated as being part of Europe for game and film releases)

Yahtzee probably reviews whatever he can get a hold of. That's almost certainly going to follow European schedules most of the time, because... That's what happens in Australia.

Why is it so important anyway? Catering to the whims of a part of of the audience (deliberately at the expense of another part of the audience in fact) for... What seems like a rather trivial reason doesn't seem that worthwhile if you ask me.
Especially when it makes Yahtzee's life more complicated.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Anybody here can vouch for the game despite its cruel completionist jabs and those sound clips that will grate on your patience? I've been on a Good Feel binge recently and sincerely enjoyed Epic Yarn. Currently going through Wario Shake Dimension and I'm enjoying that tremendously. I would have hoped this would continue the trend but the nature of the Yoshi style of gameplay doesn't really agree with me.

Ver Greeneyes

Aug 18, 2015
Regarding the sounds Yoshi makes - I've always hated the sounds they gave him since the N64 with Yoshi's Story (which I never played). I know people are used to it via Smash Bros, and obviously the SNES was limited in the kind of sounds it could produce, but I really do think the SNES sounds were a lot better - which made it pretty annoying that the GBA version of Yoshi's Island used the new sounds (that version of the game is worse in other ways as well though).