Zimmerman is recieving donations for his crime.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Look, the easiest way to solve all this is to strap him to a metal chair and throw him in a pond.

If he floats, he's a witch if he drowns he's ... well ... at least he won't be a witch.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
The real victim here is whoever visits that website, DEAR GOD IT IS SHIT.

Makes my brain bleed just looking at it, UGH.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Dastardly said:
RJ 17 said:
I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm not saying he's guilty. But like Tanis, I would remind you that the rule of the land is "Innocent until proven guilty", not "Innocent until all the special interests have convinced you otherwise."
It might be helpful for all of us to also remember that Trayvon Martin is "innocent until proven guilty," though he's no longer here to speak for himself. I don't think this shooting was racially-motivated in the least, but I think we'll discover it wasn't a justified "Stand Your Ground" shooting.
And that's really all I'm asking for. You could be 100% correct in that the situation does not fall under the "Stand Your Ground" rule and thus Zimmerman should be charged with murder. However considering what facts have come out have been proven to be misleading at best, outright fabrications at worst, I think it's still too soon to judge one way or another.

ExploreHer

Jul 2, 2009
idarkphoenixi said:
It really does show just how little people have advanced since the days of slavery.
this is by far the most ridiculous thing ive read regarding this entire issue. lmfao.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Prosis said:
None of us were there.

The best investigators are looking into what happened that night. The state attorney is involved. Let them determine justice.

And yes, this seems like a valid thing. It sounds like people are committing fraud by taking donations in his "defense." This prevents the fraud. Also, the dude is jobless. Lawyers don't stick around if you don't have money.

I feel bad for this guy to be honest. We live in America, where you are innocent until prove guilty.

It's not justice. It's sick and it's wrong. If he's proven guilty, then tear him to pieces. But until then, innocent until proven guilty.

You want to know why this is so big in the news? Because the media is making big bucks off of this story. Because public speakers know they can just point at the race differences and a dead kid, and know that people will love them, and their ratings will go up. It has nothing to do with justice.
Welcome to America, where any horrible event can be turned into profit for someone...

I honestly dont know what to think at this point.

*Edit*

Actually, I do have something to say. As the person I quoted said, in america people are "Innocent until proven guilty" Whether or not Zimmerman's actions are justified or not is not for us to decide. Im sure if it was up to us, countless people would be burned at the stake each year because of public outcry. Im absolutly terrorfied of the idea of Lynch mobs, and I would prefer out currently slow and tedious process that works to ensure everyone is treated fairly (save those with money, unfortunatly) as oppose to a system that works to appease the masses.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
All I have to say here is that no one knows for sure if he was just defending himself or not, annd that everyone has already judged him guilty despite prior lack of evidence and also despite current evidence against Trayvon. Wait it out, people. Condemn him when the judge bangs the gavel, no sooner.

kgpspyguy

Apr 18, 2011
The guy had no right or reason to do what he did but the kid he killed wasn't the Angel the media is making him out to be. Honestly i think that what he did was self defense he started it but I have no doubt that Trayvon marten would have killed zimmerman if he hadn't done what he did.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I have a rule, if Nancy Grace yells about it, I have no interest in it. All the media attention makes it much harder to get an unbiased jury.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
idarkphoenixi said:
Only just heard about this, and I don't even know what to say at this point. I really am just amazed that he hasn't been arrested and it's taking the attention of millions of people just to get an investigation. The kid was armed with skittles and iced-tea, he had a gun, and apparently he felt so threatened that he just had to shoot him dead. It really does show just how little people have advanced since the days of slavery.
Oh please.

"Hey guys, lets just imprison a guy with no evidence pointing to anything!!! I mean, who cares about innocent until proven guilty, right? I know better than everyone else, because I read 3 sensationalist articles on the internet! HERP DERP DERP HERP DERP!"

Above: every Trayvon-Zimmerman post ever.
No evidence? Maybe you should take a closer look at the situation. I would just list everything I can think of down but I'm just not going to bother since you clearly won't even listen.
I never said he should be convicted without trial but oh well, best to just lump everyone in the same pile since they're all the same.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
idarkphoenixi said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
idarkphoenixi said:
Only just heard about this, and I don't even know what to say at this point. I really am just amazed that he hasn't been arrested and it's taking the attention of millions of people just to get an investigation. The kid was armed with skittles and iced-tea, he had a gun, and apparently he felt so threatened that he just had to shoot him dead. It really does show just how little people have advanced since the days of slavery.
Oh please.

"Hey guys, lets just imprison a guy with no evidence pointing to anything!!! I mean, who cares about innocent until proven guilty, right? I know better than everyone else, because I read 3 sensationalist articles on the internet! HERP DERP DERP HERP DERP!"

Above: every Trayvon-Zimmerman post ever.
No evidence? Maybe you should take a closer look at the situation. I would just list everything I can think of down but I'm just not going to bother since you clearly won't even listen.
I never said he should be convicted without trial but oh well, best to just lump everyone in the same pile since they're all the same.
I'm sorry but you really need to look into the legal process. We don't just throw everything into the court system and see what sticks.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I'm so tired of debating with people over this topic. So I'll just throw in a few things and leave.

1: Zimmerman's claims are NOT fact, in fact they contradict the majority of witness accounts.
2: Zimmerman wasn't supposed to follow Travon, let alone with a fire-arm.
3: Zimmerman has a long history of violence and snapping at a whim, he's even reportedly attacked a woman.
4: Zimmerman's father is a judge and his mother a court clerk.
5: Look back at 4, now think of how strange it is that police disregarded standard protocol the entire time Zimmerman was in their custody. Question why Zimmerman's clothing wasn't drenched in blood when he claims he shot Travon as he was being held down. Question why witness accounts were in favor of Travon but after going into the station the same witness accounts suddenly changed in favor of Zimmerman.
6: Even if Zimmerman was in a struggle, that doesn't mean he was the one struggling for his life. Even though Zimmerman reportedly had a broken nose and gash on the back of his head, this doesn't mean he was the one being attacked, as this could have happened to him in self defense.
7: A picture of Travon giving the finger or any talk about him on Twitter or whatever saying that he's going to shoot someone doesn't fucking matter. Did he have a gun? No. Does him giving the finger make him a murderer? No. Do kids say stupid shit? Yes. Do kids take stupid pictures? Yes.

Also, who say's "I'm going to kill you!" when they're in the midst of trying to kill someone?

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
Oh god this thread is going downhill fast

I see 2 horrible things about this case that piss me off;

1) the whole disgusting 'guilty until proven innocent-lynch mob' attitude
2) the profiteering. By whom I mean the media for starting race wars all over the place for ratings, the family of trayvon for trademarking his goddam name, and the people selling the protest signs.

It can only get uglier. And just in case of a napalm attack, I'm not reaching a verdict until a jury does