Zombieland director's next film based off an actual murder in 2003.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
ninja51 said:
... It is a bit of a funny situation. Very tragic that a guy died... but c'mon it IS an absurd situation
He's right, it is tragic, but if you think of it out of context, it is the stuff of an absurd comedy. I say, give it a chance, see how it's handled. The trailer for zombieland seemed to be played just for laughs but then the film had those laughs and some real heart too.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I have actually heard of that incident before. And judging by the director's only film so far, it will be worth watching.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
silversun101 said:
spectrenihlus said:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackComedy

that is all
Everyone knows you have to wait a minimum of ten years before something tragic can be funny. The guy got 2 years ahead of himself.
Nah, there's no limit to stuff like this. You oughta watch 4 lions. It ends with terrorists blowing themselves up and it's pretty damn funny. I would certainly go see this. Besides from the trailers they don't really seem to be playing up the whole "based on a true story" aspect so it's more "inspired by such and such" rather than a somber, "based on a true story" deal.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
Isn't there an opening similar to Bones like this? I can't find a youtube video of it, but it's season 5 episode 10 if you want to find it on the internet, it's at the very beginning. Just if you want to check it out.

OT: Why would somebody make a comedy off a tragic death? That's just fucke* up.

silversun101

Nov 12, 2009
febel said:
silversun101 said:
spectrenihlus said:

that is all
Everyone knows you have to wait a minimum of ten years before something tragic can be funny. The guy got 2 years ahead of himself.
Nah, there's no limit to stuff like this. You oughta watch 4 lions. It ends with terrorists blowing themselves up and it's pretty damn funny. I would certainly go see this. Besides from the trailers they don't really seem to be playing up the whole "based on a true story" aspect so it's more "inspired by such and such" rather than a somber, "based on a true story" deal.
Yeah... I don't know how to properly convey sarcasm via text, but that post was supposed to be tongue in cheek. Further up we actually mentioned Four Lions. Now THAT is a good dark comedy. It takes something people are legitimately terrified of (far more so than they should be) and turns it on its head, showing the sad, idiot nature of most terrorists. Four Lions had something to say. Thats what differentiates it form 30 Min or Less. While probably very funny, it will also probably be pretty brainless.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Sounds hilarious, no i seriously mean that. I also loved the movie Phone Booth.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
People are calling the guy's death tragic, but who actually read about the event itself? Yes it sucks he died, but the guy was a 40+ year old high school drop out who delivered pizzas and let a hooker have sex with her customers in his house.
The guy had partcipated in planning the robbery! I mean, his conspirators are jackasses for using a real bomb (Wells thought it was going to be fake), but still the guy helped PLAN the robbery!
"According to law enforcement reports, Wells was meeting people he thought were his accomplices, including Barnes. Wells participated in the planning for the robbery; he had been told the bomb was going to be fake and he was to claim that three black men forced the bomb on him and he was to tell police he was a hostage."

Calling his death tragic is... meh. I mean it's always sad when someone dies, but this guy helped to plan the robbery and his buddies were morons.

EDIT: I should also add that the movie lookd quite funny.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
"Guess what. You just brought a gun to a bomb fight, officer!"
I think I like that film.

Also, isn't that Ed? Zwah!

InfectedStar

Jul 7, 2011
spectrenihlus said:
silversun101 said:
spectrenihlus said:

that is all
I watched the trailer I admit I giggled when the you brought a gun to a bomb fight scene came in.
I have to agree that the thought behind it is bad but it looks a little comical (in a sick way).