Zombies Rally for Australian Gamer Rights

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Hooray for zombies!

If calm intelligent political banter doesen't work, dress up like a corpse and shamble around!

In all seriousness, good on those Aussie Zombies! Hopefully it works this time.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
What I hate about the way people react to this issue on this site is "oh kids just want to play violent video games." Um, no. It's adults that want to be able to view adult content- not children wanting it. Plus this has everything to do about government censorship and free media rights. Just because gamers want to play violent games doesn't make them any less of humans or citizens.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
Wow it sucks to be them. Those zombies are going to starve trying to feed on the brains of their opposition.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
This is epic win, I wish I could go to Australia right now, and have my brains eaten in honor of this event.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Great job Atkinson. Your dark pact with Satan caused the dead to rise and tell you to stop being such a dick.

Also, to be serious now, I fail to see why a zombie protest. Wouldn't it be more effective to dress up as characters from M-rated games that got censored or prohibited in Australia? And then make it seem like they're out of work as a result of said censorship? You know, basically a jobless protest of jobless video game characters? Or even any character in general? At least you'd have a proper theme going.
Left 4 Dead 2 was censored in Australia. It's a zombie game.

Ergo, zombies.

On topic: I wish them the best of luck, and have to admit I find it a hilarious way to get the cause known. (As for whoever suggested flying in Nick and co. ... Well, chances are The Passing will be censored, can I join in as Zoey? :D)

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
Nevyrmoore said:
I have to question how this will actually draw attention to the support of an 18+ rating.
think about it for a second

zombies+1000ish supporters+video games+ civil rights= a large amount of people from at least one of those groups supporting their cause. it actually is a very useful strategy insane as it is.

EX) say for instance you are a gamer and you see this you then relate with them and there plite but if you were a civil rights activist you don't give a shit about games but you do care about rights, and also if your a band wagon kind of guy you don't care as long as 1000 people are doing it.

AceDiamond said:
Great job Atkinson. Your dark pact with Satan caused the dead to rise and tell you to stop being such a dick.

Also, to be serious now, I fail to see why a zombie protest. Wouldn't it be more effective to dress up as characters from M-rated games that got censored or prohibited in Australia? And then make it seem like they're out of work as a result of said censorship? You know, basically a jobless protest of jobless video game characters? Or even any character in general? At least you'd have a proper theme going.
think about it for a second...what if the character was part of a sex game?

unless of course you wanted naked zombies running a muck?

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Hehe I should join them. Unfortunatly I'm too busy playing the games I managed to obtain with certain.. ways.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
zidine100 said:
How ironic would it be if there really was a zombie outbreak during this.
I like the way you think.

"Ey, Chad old mate - wooww! Nice make-up, man! Howdya do that OH MY GOD HE'S EATING MY BRAIN"

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I'm not sure if dressing up as flesh eating corpses is the best way to get across the fact that Gamers are not dangerous...but I hope it does end up helping.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
AceDiamond said:

Also, to be serious now, I fail to see why a zombie protest. Wouldn't it be more effective to dress up as characters from M-rated games that got censored or prohibited in Australia?
Well, they censored LFD2, so I guess they sort of are....
Also, his pact was with Morgoth. Eviler than Satan.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Hopefully this will show Atkinson that Australian gamers are organized and ready to stand of for their rights.

ShrooM_DoughKiD

Jan 14, 2010
This is a great step forward for Australian gamers, if it were Australia wide, I think it'd get a greater reception. However I'm still jealous that it's in Sydney, I hope this come to Brisbane... please?

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Best of luck guys, me and my buddies in New Zealand are cheering you on.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I want to be there! I wish it wasn't the school year and that it didn't cost $700+ for a plane ticket to Australia.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
The DSM said:
I can spot a flaw in the plan.

Atkinsons doesnt have any brains to eat, it wont be effective.

But will be hilarious.
Ziiing! hahah I like it!

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Zombie eat brains,
But Zombie cannot swallow this injustice.

had to quote the Simpsons :)

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Good, now all we need is a few clgery men then we can over turn akinson's position in the goverment.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
AAAAAAAHHH ZOMBIES! Grab the guns! Bait them with Micheal atconsins(or however the hell you spell his name) and lure them into the lobby and fire!