Zombies VS Raptors - Who would win?

Baskerville

Oct 14, 2010
Hey there fellow escapists.

I'v had an argument with a friend for over a year and it's about raptors and zombies..
He said that if you put ten velociraptors in a building with ten zombies the raptors would win but i don't agree seeing the zombie virus would infect the raptors and thus making them join the zombie side.

His argument:

The raptors are far superior than the zombies and by using brute force they would rip them to shreds in a couple of seconds.

My argument: When one raptor kills a zombie by biting or mauling he would get infected and by that joining the zombie side. And when all the zombies are dead all left is.. Zombie velociraptors..
And by that the zombies win.

So how about you, escapist?

Zombie? Or velociraptor?

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Solanum does not infect animals. It says so right in the Zombie Survival Guide. I could look up the page number if you want. Besides, even if raptors could get infected, they would be shambling idiots just like the human zombies. Raptors would win easily.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
or....

you know...

the raptors could just wait like a week and the zombies' rotten flesh will produce enough gas inside them to make them go *poof* on their own =P

though that would be quite a lot to ask from a dinosaur

so... yeah, I think raptors would win

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
i cant think of anything worse than 28 days later style fast zombie raptors.
unless of course, if the xenomorph aliens got in on the action.

MetaMop

Jan 27, 2010
Thaius said:
Solanum does not infect animals. It says so right in the Zombie Survival Guide. I could look up the page number if you want. Besides, even if raptors could get infected, they would be shambling idiots just like the human zombies. Raptors would win easily.
This. Bless that survival guide.

Baskerville

Oct 14, 2010
Maybe animals can't be infected
Thaius said:
Well yeah your probably right but maybe dinosaurs COULD get infected? Even if they get slow and stupid they would still be zombies. So Zombies win IMO. But if not i guess i lost ^^

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
well since velociraptors are no larger than a turkey I guess that the zombies would win although if they were backed into a corner the velociraptors might put up a good fight and even win (nasty little buggers). Deinonycus on the other hand...

EDIT: just to mention it: vs. threads are frowned upon here.

MetaMop

Jan 27, 2010
If one of the zombies got hold of that (stupid fucking) bone from Jurassic Park 3 that allows people to communicate with raptors, then the zombies could just tell them to go away.

Luhrsen

Aug 30, 2010
Solanum virus doesn't infect animals, but it will kill them if they eat it. So possible Zombies win if there is anything left of the zombie body moving.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
...and I thought I was going to be the first smarty-pants to mention Solanum and the Zombie Survival Guide. Boy was I off.

It depends on the zombie. Most of the time my vote goes to the raptors. Especially so if it's an even 10 vs 10.

EatPieYes

Jul 22, 2010
It's a myth that the Solanus virus doesn't infect animals. It's a myth created to give us false hope if a zombie epidemic would ever occur.

Anyway, the zombies would win simply because of the fact that the virus would eventually mutate so it could infect more and more species. In this case the raptors.

A zombie epidemic would mean the eventual death of every living creature on the planet.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Baskerville said:
Maybe animals can't be infected
Thaius said:
Well yeah your probably right but maybe dinosaurs COULD get infected? Even if they get slow and stupid they would still be zombies. So Zombies win IMO. But if not i guess i lost ^^
I suppose, if they could get infected, they would all turn into zombies. But the original zombies would all be dead by that point, so whether they necessarily win would be quite questionable.

However, unless there was something about dinosaurs that made their anatomy significantly more human-like than any other animals, they simply would not be infected. I'm not sure exactly what it is anatomically that keeps animals from being infected, but I doubt it's different in dinosaurs from other animals. I'll have to look it up in the Guide later.

Very useful book, by the way. Always good to keep on hand in preparation for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

blackflare

Jul 25, 2010
neither the velociraptorswould win the fight but after eating the infected flesh it would induce zombifacation and it depends on the virus if it was something like the t virus but solanium you wouldnt know either since they might not have a imunity

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Zombie raptors aren't really that scary. Raptors are frightening because they're (by juraissic park rules) smarter, able to open doors and outflank you. A zombie raptor would certainly be harder to kill, but you'd just need regular zombie awareness.

Edit: Actually they're still pretty scary.