ZombiU May be Coming to Xbox One

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
ZombiU May be Coming to Xbox One

One of the Wii U's most unique launch titles may be heading to the Xbox One.

When the Wii U first launched back in 2012, it had a fairly lackluster selection of titles. ZombiU [http://zombiu.ubi.com/zombi/en-us/home/] was probably the most interesting of the bunch, making good use of the Wii U's gamepad in a zombie survival horror title. Ubisoft has made it no secret it isn't happy with the sales of its games on the Wii U, and now it looks like it's going to try again with ZombiU... this time on the Xbox One.

An entry in the Zombi [http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=26wfAE3x2K14ZQkWV9kCAQ%253d%253d&ncdctx=C4HeEWvKj3c833H6MNjv8vf5v8Imi8TyHfvhcbUaUj9qawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU] adventure game - which is actually the very first game published by Ubisoft. It could be we're getting an Xbox One arcade version of that. Or it could be another entry in the Zombi franchise entirely.

All we know from the classification report is that the game contains "Strong horror violence, blood and gore".

If it is in fact a port of the Wii U's ZombiU, it'll be interesting to see how it works around not having the game pad, which was fairly integral to the original game. It's possible it will do something with Smart Glass, in the vein of Dead Rising 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129273-Dead-Rising-3-Uses-Your-Phone-as-an-Augmented-Reality-Device].

Source: Nintendo Life [http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/australian_rating_confirms_that_zombiu_is_shuffling_its_way_to_xbox_one]

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I liked the idea of ZombiU. But I never got used to using the gamepad for aiming and such. Great as an inventory tool though.

If they put it out for X1 I'd grab a copy so long as it was priced right.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
But then what will Wii U owners show as their one exclusive title for gamers old enough to cross the street without holding hands?! Take away their generic Zombie game and you're left with Mario 100 and maybe a 10 year old Zelda remake...

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Silentpony said:
But then what will Wii U owners show as their one exclusive title for gamers old enough to cross the street without holding hands?! Take away their generic Zombie game and you're left with Mario 100 and maybe a 10 year old Zelda remake...
Johnny Novgorod said:
There goes pretty much the only reason I could ever have for buying a Wii U.
What about Splatoon, a game that is effectively Call of Duty but for adults?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Silentpony said:
Bayonetta 2? Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
altnameJag said:
Silentpony said:
Bayonetta 2? Xenoblade Chronicles X?
MarioKart? MarioParty? MarioTennis? MarioGolf?
I'm not too good at this convincing thing am I!?!
.>
<.<
[sub][sub]I'll be leaving now....[/sub][/sub]
//sarcasm

Well ZombiU was a fun title to play, I hate scary/tense games so I was pretty much shitting myself all the time when playing it. Really loved the way they implemented the GamePad with inventory, map, and minigames. Also using it as a turret was awesome as hell :D
Would be a great edition for people who like these kinds of games who own an Xbox.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Can one hundred percent guarantee this is happening. It is also coming to PS4. A guy i work with occasionally is heading the team in Melbourne Australia who are working on the ports as we speak. It was actually supposed to be finished by the end of june, however they have had some delays so is taking a little longer than anticipated. Seems the XB1 port may be ready already, and just the Ps4 port delayed. Will check tomorrow with my guy and see how the situation is going.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I would buy an Xbox One version in a heartbeat, but I am concerned about the idea of not having the gamepad. No way I would buy a peripheral for the Xbox One just to play a game I already own after all.

Silentpony said:
Perhaps in story, but ZombiU is far from a generic game. I'd like to have seen more Zombie games played like it did, or hell more Zombie games that actually tried to go for Horror classification rather than aping any action game and putting Zombies in it.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
'ZombiX' sounds like a pretty tasty breakfast cereal. I like this cross console release idea.

Much better than 'ZombiS'.

I liked ZombiU, but I must admit ... I'm hanging out for the Fatal Frame game coming out to make the gamepad more useful than a last resort of someone else using the TV.

Oh sure, t had its meagre uses in Monster Hunter ... where you didn't want your screen full of HUD stuff. It felt ... more switched on to look at the gamepad to determine health and map locations. Kind of like if you got hit, you look down to your injuries to see how fucked you are-sort of way.

The gamepad is generally a nuisance asa primary playing device. Useful as a secondary sensor for wiimote based play. Current Wiimote and nunchuk works awesome, and so does the Pro controller for 90% of games. But the gamepad feels .... weird.

But I can see it working for fatal frame. So I'm really hanging out for that. And I could see the wiiU gamepad working pretty well if they were ever to be like for cockpit mech controls. With the wiimote and joystick acting like main controls, with the game pad acting as other HUD controls like in the old Earthsiege games.

Say what you like, Metroid Prime Trilogy is all the shooter you need, and the wiimote is awesome for it. And the Pro Controller is WAY more comfortable (and lighter) than the Xbox and PS4 controllers when you have brawlers, etc ... so it might simply be the turn off factor of having two (or technically three) amazing controller schemas in the Wiimote + Nunchuk, and the Pro Controller, andf THEN comparing it to the gamepad.

In truth, I think the gamepad feels nearly as comfortable as the PS4 and Xbox controllers, it's just that the wiimote, the nunchuk and the Pro Controller are just so much more comfortable and natural un your hands than the other controllers. So as a device itself, the Gamepad is only marginally worse. But it is desperately offput by the immense comfort of the other Nintendo hardware for playing games.

So I'm hanging out for more games like ZombiU, and Fatal Frame that might justify blowingthe dust off the WiiU Gamepad.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
If you're lucky you can still find this in stores for $12 in the US. That's how much I paid for it. It seems Amazon's resellers feel the same way [http://www.amazon.com/ZombiU-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00897Z27C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434886095&sr=8-1&keywords=zombiu]. I wonder how much it'll cost once/if it's ported over.

I bought a copy even though I don't have a Wii U, so I borrowed my friend's. He was more than happy to loan it to me for months. I think that says something about how he feels about the Wii U. I bought him the Metroid Prime Trilogy that was download-only and he hadn't even connected the Wii U online, now 4 months later.

:, /

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
ZombieU was a freaking awesome game. The atmosphere and the setting was great. I liked most uses of the gamepad. I hope the Xbone version else good so that we can still hope to get ZombieU 2 in which they will impove all the bad things in the original. More melee weapon variety and animations (yeah, it's a survival horror, but if it's gonna have fighting, it better be hard but good and not easy but tedious).
All in all, I'm happy people who don't have a Wii U will be able to try it out.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
WWmelb said:
Can one hundred percent guarantee this is happening. It is also coming to PS4. A guy i work with occasionally is heading the team in Melbourne Australia who are working on the ports as we speak. It was actually supposed to be finished by the end of june, however they have had some delays so is taking a little longer than anticipated. Seems the XB1 port may be ready already, and just the Ps4 port delayed. Will check tomorrow with my guy and see how the situation is going.
That makes more sense, I was wondering why Ubisoft would only port to the least selling of the 2 main consoles when they complained about bad sales on Wii U, would seem stupid not to port to all main platforms (or atleast consoles). Esp since PS4 has the Vita which could be used similarly to the Wii U gamepad if the player has one.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Zontar said:
Silentpony said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
What about Splatoon, a game that is effectively Call of Duty but for adults?
I'm not interested in competitive online multiplayer.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
They could call it "XombOne" to really hammer home the X-ness of the Xbox brand, that's if marketing could trust the greater masses to be able to pronounce it properly and not think it was called "Ex-omb-1"... but anecdotal reports of people asking for "GTA Eye-Vee" and "GTA Vee" (and presumably "GTA Eye-Eye-Eye" in the PS2 days) in game shops doesn't give me much faith in that regard.

"XombOne" also has the added problem of sounding like "Zom-bone", the zombie trombone and the most feared incantation in the Jazz Necromancer's grimoire.

Still, it could be a lot of fun, especially if they use Kinect to replace the WiiU's gamepad as a method of leaving survivor messages, either by using your fingers to scrawl messages in blood on a screen, or to record short video messages via a heavily filtered and distorted video screen device that acts like zombie survivor diaries... although the number of survivor messages left by talking cocks and balls will probably be astronomical.