ZombiU May be Coming to Xbox One

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I doubt its a xbox verson of zombiU given a large amount of its controls are based on WiiU's tablet like controller such as the scan function, where you look though the screen on the controller to look for and mark things of interest on your map(basically a survivor version of detective mode from the arkham games), or the no pause separate screen for your inventory ... would have to be recoded or removed... My guess it is ether a wholly new game or the older one rehashed..

(and for the record I have the game and the system, never beat the game its fairly hard.. not dark souls hard but still fairly diffcult)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Panzervaughn said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Zontar said:
Shouldn't it be called "ZombieOne"?
Screw that. I will sell my PS4 and buy an Xbox One if they name it "ZombOne."
XombioxOne.
How about ZombiX?

OT- Well so much for it being an WiiU exclusive. Maybe they should of come up a better name if they went going to port it in the long run?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I never beat my copy of ZombiU but it was a genuinely good game and like with the original Condemned on the 360, it may even be criminally under-rated (definitely under-rated in general). It LOOKS like a Left 4 Dead kinda thing in screenshots but it was a genuinely creepy game. I want to get back into it eventually but I'm just not quite ready yet...if you own a Wii U and don't own ZombiU, it's dirt cheap at this point.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
ZombiU was easily the game with the most unused potential that year.
It had a lot of great ideas, but it's pretty obvious that Ubisoft didn't let the devs make use of them since they were using the game to test the waters of the WiiU.
I still have to play the game all the way through, but it had great atmosphere. The FOV was quite sickening to me though...even by console FPS standards. I chugged through it though for about 4 hours. Even had a couple hours of fun with the multiplayer. It was quite entertaining having one player be in "FPS" mode and the other trying to stop them in "RTS" mode. It loses it's luster pretty fast though.

It'd be interesting to see if Ubisoft is doing this to see if the interest was truly enough to warrant a better executed sequel.

novem

Nov 18, 2009
ZombiU was a much better game than the reception it received. I can?t see it working on any other platform though. The WiiU pad was fully integrated into the experience and made it special. If you take that out replace it with a generic interface it would remove a lot of the atmosphere.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Silentpony said:
But then what will Wii U owners show as their one exclusive title for gamers old enough to cross the street without holding hands?! Take away their generic Zombie game and you're left with Mario 100 and maybe a 10 year old Zelda remake...
When it comes out, what about Devil's Third?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
ZombiU made me buy the Wii U. But I doubt that an XB1 port will make me buy an XB1.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
RicoADF said:
WWmelb said:
Can one hundred percent guarantee this is happening. It is also coming to PS4. A guy i work with occasionally is heading the team in Melbourne Australia who are working on the ports as we speak. It was actually supposed to be finished by the end of june, however they have had some delays so is taking a little longer than anticipated. Seems the XB1 port may be ready already, and just the Ps4 port delayed. Will check tomorrow with my guy and see how the situation is going.
That makes more sense, I was wondering why Ubisoft would only port to the least selling of the 2 main consoles when they complained about bad sales on Wii U, would seem stupid not to port to all main platforms (or atleast consoles). Esp since PS4 has the Vita which could be used similarly to the Wii U gamepad if the player has one.
I didn't think of the vita. Might explain the delayed development on the ps4 too. an extra thingy to code for.