ZP on Bioshock Infinite

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
IllumInaTIma said:
Well yeah, he does find every little thing to complain about, but then it's his job.
Second-best Yahtzee quote ever: "If I had to criticize it....and I do...."

OT: My friends tell me this game sucked them into an alternate universe composed entirely of nerdgasms. I doubt it's quite that good but it is on my wish list. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. I'm not a slave to review scores but I do see BS:I scoring 95 out of 100. That's pretty damn good for Metacritic.

Of course Yahtzee will nitpick. He found a dozen things to criticize in Arkham Asylum and I consider that more or less the perfect game. If he didn't absurdly exaggerate every problem, his show wouldn't be funny.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
He's going to shred it because he shreds every game, even the ones he likes.

Batman AA is the only game to avoid this recently, and even so, Yahtzee compensated by mocking the box art.
Speaking of which, in my opinion, his best material comes from bagging on games that he likes.
Anybody else think so or am I the only one?

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
hazabaza1 said:
AccursedTheory said:
I imagine he'll blast it for not being a bioshock game,
Uuuh, hate to tell you this, but...

That thing that says "BioShock"? In big letters? Yeah, that kind of means it's a Bioshock game.
Look at you, missing the point entirely, even though you probably know exactly what I mean.

Bioshock Infinite shares 3 things with its predecessor: a title, weird shit in your left hand, and a political straw man villain (though this one has more straw than ever). The atmosphere (not the environment) is completely different, the game play is massively altered due to the games more wide open nature, it follows the 2 weapon rule that Halo started and I despise, it drops dual currency, and now I'm just nitpicking and I'll stop.
So basically you wanted another Bioshock 2? Great idea!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Yahtzee will rip it apart without mercy because that what Yahtzee does.

As he said (and i might be paraphrasing) "I tend to make everything out to be shit so that when something arrives that is not shit it can shine that much brighter."

And obviously, never watch his videos expecting praise.

RazielXT

Oct 19, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
hazabaza1 said:
AccursedTheory said:
I imagine he'll blast it for not being a bioshock game,
Uuuh, hate to tell you this, but...

That thing that says "BioShock"? In big letters? Yeah, that kind of means it's a Bioshock game.
Look at you, missing the point entirely, even though you probably know exactly what I mean.

Bioshock Infinite shares 3 things with its predecessor: a title, weird shit in your left hand, and a political straw man villain (though this one has more straw than ever). The atmosphere (not the environment) is completely different, the game play is massively altered due to the games more wide open nature, it follows the 2 weapon rule that Halo started and I despise, it drops dual currency, and now I'm just nitpicking and I'll stop.
I praise them for changing the theme and gameplay a bit. It was first Bioshock that I really enjoyed. (im one of few that didnt like first two)

ungothicdove

Nov 30, 2007
Johnny Impact said:
Second-best Yahtzee quote ever: "If I had to criticize it....and I do...."
That Yahtzee quote randomly pops into my head. I was actually thinking about it as I was scrolling down the thread and then you referenced it and that must mean something significant. I believe it was in the Orange Box review during the portion about TF2 correct? He was saying there wasn't much variety or maps I think. Well, I bet he feels dumb now, look at all those hats!

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Defeated Detective said:
I'm looking forward to Yahtzee's opinion on Bioshock Infinite not just due to the plot but also due to the fact that you actually have a really reliable FEMALE AI partner, seeing that he always complains about partner AIs(something that was tackled in Amy and Shadow of the Colossus).

Be afraid.

Be very, very afraid.

Oh god now she's got a gun! Run for it!

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
Well, now that the review's come and gone, perhaps this thread could do with a momentary resuscitation in which we all look back on our one-week-younger selves' predictions and expectations and compare them to the real thing.

...Which totally isn't an excuse for me to say "CALLED IT!" Nope, 'course not.