Zynga Poker Thief Gets Two Years in the Slam

Woem

May 28, 2009
I'm curious though: how did he "hack into his former employer's computer and stealing roughly $5700." I get how hacking into an employer's computer can be interesting, but how do you get money out of it?

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
So it's safe to say,

*puts on sunglasses*

he gambled away two years of his life

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Mmmhmmm...

..... <_<
Had to add something to your post, you put it together quite well.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Awesome, an Escapist news article that isn't also an opinion piece! Excellent.

I wonder what happens to the people who bought chips off him, whether they get to keep them?

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
If I hadn't heard about crazy stuff like this before, I'd think this news item was a joke.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Woem said:
I'm curious though: how did he "hack into his former employer's computer and stealing roughly $5700." I get how hacking into an employer's computer can be interesting, but how do you get money out of it?
depends on what the computer was for. it could have been as simple as stealing the login info for a company financial account and wiring himself the money.

shial

Jan 5, 2009
Selvec said:
12 Million Dollars is the value placed on those chips by Zynga. Its not actually worth shit all. Quite frankly I'm getting sick of courts and judges making "examples" of cyber criminals because they themselves are about as computer literate as a bloody 2 year old.

One has to ask how Zynga let such a theft take place, given it sounds as if the man wasn't exactly the supreme overlord of all hackers.
Well since he moved the currency into an account with intent to sell it off it becomes fraud and computer trespass, Given it was a second offense for fraud/trespass 2 years is very appropriate of the judge to hand down.