Zynga to sue DC over the name 'SmallVille'

Vegetunks9000

Sep 20, 2011
mew4ever23 said:
Personally, I think they might be poking fun at Zynga.
Also,
Zynga has spent years on researching and developing innovative and original games.

Sadly, this is not the first time Zynga's tried this. Remember the Blingville incident?

In January 2011, Techdirt reported that Zynga had sent a cease and desist letter to Blingville alleging trademark infringement for its use of the letters "ville" in the name of a proposed Facebook game. Blingville has filed a suit for declaratory judgment that it is not infringing a Zynga trademark.[79] As reported in Gamasutra, Jay Monahan of Zynga responded by saying that Blingville's "[use] of the name 'BlingVille' is an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and goodwill associated with Zynga's family of 'ville' games which includes FarmVille and CityVille".[80]
I cried with laughter so hard when i clicked the spoiler.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

*stops, takes deep breaths*

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!

Ah, man. I had gotten to the end of what you had said, and was fuming, absolutely ready to start typing out an angry response on here...

Then I checked the source.

Boxer.H1x said:
So out of sheer curiosity, how many people clicked on the source and realized that the story is fake?

Looking at everything I've read so far, practically nobody.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Pretty much this... Sooo many people trolled in here. I get that some people wouldn't read it, but the overwhelming majority still haven't gotten it. Hopefully you'll excuse me for finally letting the cat out of the bag here on the 6th page.
It's okay, though. Going by the responses, people will just ignore this post and keep on getting trolled.

I take my hat off to you, OP. Well played.