Discuss and Rate the Last Thing You Watched (non-movies)

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
More or less, yeah, but I believe it was the intent of the creators to do a sci-fi show (with something like 7 times the budget of Dr Who, though that isn't saying much), put it on at the same timeslot in Britain, and take sci-fi fans from the BBC. Which, needless to say, didn't work.
No I agree. I like the ideas behind Space 1999 but a competitor for Dr. Who? In 1975 when Tom Baker had been on screens for just over a year to *sear* himself into the psyche of a generation as THE Doctor? They were fucking dreaming.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Katt Williams: Woke Foke: No / Great

Latest Netflix standup special from "comedian" Katt Williams.

I have never liked Katt Williams; I find him simply obnoxious in just about every way imaginable, so it's my fault that I turned on Netflix, saw it was available, and chose to watch it. As usual, he is grating both aurally and comedically. Entirely unfunny with his signature pretentiousness, p*ssy jokes, and generous sprinkling about of the "N" word. He clearly sees himself as the smartest man in most rooms, and he's quick to let you know as often as his stale and tired brand of humor allows him to inject his smugness.

I love standup comedy, and will usually try to find something redeeming about a performance I'm not loving, but this one? Just no. I don't think I ever so much as cracked a smile let alone laughed.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The Antisocial Network: Memes To Mayhem: Had No Idea / Great

A documentary about the evolution of the American clone of an early Japanese online social network, and how it and its progeny and myriad iterations would come to shape the world of online hacking and misinformation we know today, and how it snowballed into the real world.

This story is probably nothing new to a lot of you, but it was brand spanking new to me. Most of my adult life, I've ignored a lot of whatever causes a buzz on the internet, particularly in forums where discourse quickly descends into argument. So I had no idea of the interconnectedness of "4Chan" and "Anonymous" and "Gamer Gate" and the chain of events started decades ago that has played a massive role in bringing us to where we, as a society, are today. It truly is a tale of the creation of a monster: a group of lonely strangers hopped online for low-stakes mischief a couple of decades ago, then fast-forward: January 6th, 2021. It was also telling to see it put so concisely in an hour and 20 minutes how easily led and delusional people can be and are. Some disturbing and saddening shit.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Dark Matter Apple TV +
Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in! I'm spending too much on multiple streaming services and dropped Apple when my daughter says, "but Dad! They're making a show about my all time favorite book!!!" So, I got Apple TV + again to watch the 1st 2 episodes of "Dark Matter" and... I'm loving it!

Hits me in the sweet spot. Ever since Flash discovered Earth 2, I've loved the idea of multiple realities. I bought Spiderman No Way Home digital. Fringe is a major binge property.

And here, we have a scientist kidnapped by himself from another reality. MY JAM. Next episode (3) comes out 5/15. Can't wait. A+