EA says "We don't push people to spend money in our games"

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
We don't want a pink Darth Vader, the latest dev studio EA buys is not doomed, and we have always been at war with Eastasia.

EA lied, news at 11. Not that documenting the latest lie is a bad thing.
We.... dont want a pink Vader? I'm confused I thought they gave us a pink Vader. Mind you, I haven't touched anything EA since Mass Effect

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
We.... dont want a pink Vader? I'm confused I thought they gave us a pink Vader. Mind you, I haven't touched anything EA since Mass Effect
At the beginning, they thought a pink Darth Vader was too silly. They end up giving one down the line, but excuse they made before saying that it was too hard to do.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
EA like many big corporations is designed for maximizing shareholder value. But they do that by screwing over the general public, and their own customers.
And in a sane world, the direct result of screwing over their customers and the general public would be EA's stock price plummeting and them going out of business. Instead, the exact opposite seems to happen.

Satan's too good for them. They can rot in the void, at least there's nothing there for them to peddle their shit to.

OT: Well, isn't this standard MO for EA? Try to secretly do scummy shit for all teh moneez, get found out, fake contrition, shut up until the storm blows over... rinse and repeat? We'll be back at it in a few months and until ambivalent EA customers (who I suppose to be the majority) actually speak with their wallet instead of just standing at the back glancing around for the next game they want, and legislation is put in place to protect whales, it's going to keep happening.
It's simply because people like us that actually care about the quality of their entertainment and about not being screwed over are a tiny microscopic minority. The ones who can actually vote with their wallet and effect real change by doing so? Those are the same ones who lap up anything EA puts out without caring how much they are being screwed over. Those are the people that EA caters to, not us.

Reactions: Gergar12

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Well, technically, they DON'T push anyone to spend money in their games. They simply offer games with pay-to-win/enjoy mechanics, and if you want to win/enjoy them, you pay. It's a shrewd message, but a true one. A drug dealer doesn't go up to people on the street and insist they partake of their wares; they sit back and let the fiends come to them, repeat customer more than welcome.

That said, both EA and drug dealers are shit people.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
So are they doing plain vanilla denial? Or are they going with the semantical "it isn't pushing if no one puts a gun on your head" argument?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
So are they doing plain vanilla denial? Or are they going with the semantical "it isn't pushing if no one puts a gun on your head" argument?
I'd more go with the "A Study In Pink" technicality.

"I don't want to kill you, Mr. Holmes! I'm going to talk to you. And then you're going to kill yourself."

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
At the beginning, they thought a pink Darth Vader was too silly. They end up giving one down the line, but excuse they made before saying that it was too hard to do.
Well... that sounds good.
Companies are going to make stupid corporate decisions. You can't stop it, they're just stupid. So, sometimes, its about willingness to fix mistakes. I hope they listen to their fans like they did here.

And yes. You have to listen to the stupid corporate doublespeak. They trying to save face. You have to get used to it

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Still getting paid way too much but fuck him just the same.
Seeing that picture and it just hit me…Jonah Hill would be perfect to play Bobby K in a movie about all the dirty rotten scoundrels in the VG industry. At least he left Sekiro alone though, so that alone makes him less ass-hatty than EA’s asshat.

Reactions: Dalisclock

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Well... that sounds good.
Companies are going to make stupid corporate decisions. You can't stop it, they're just stupid. So, sometimes, its about willingness to fix mistakes. I hope they listen to their fans like they did here.

And yes. You have to listen to the stupid corporate doublespeak. They trying to save face. You have to get used to it
Yes, because just not making stupid corporate decisions and instead making smart corporate decisions is SO difficult to do.

These corporations go out of their way to find the stupidest ways of doing things that will royally piss off as many of their customers as possible. It is almost like they WANT to fail.