Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Ubisoft is next.

And unless I see:

A proper Single Player Rainbow Six game that brings back the mission planning and controlling multiple squads like the first 3 games

Or a new Splinter Cell that takes notes from OG, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, and Double Agent. Or at least a Blue-Point style remaster of the older games.

Or a Remake of Far Cry 2 that keeps the weapon degredation and malaria and health recovery animations, but includes more shit like better combat and movement animations, animals, and more shit to do and interact with

Or an Assassin's Creed where you play as an ASSASSIN or a game set in Medieval England circa 100 Years War/Joan of Arc.

Or just release more of their old games on GOG.com

I don't care what other then Far Cry 6.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
A Mario + Rabbids Sequel has been accidentally leaked ahead of Ubisoft's show.

So that's at least confirmed for 2022.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
35 min into the ubisoft conference, and they are introducing just dance 2022.

aaaaannnnnddddd they are immediately going with the virtue signaling. Why any game publishers would do this is beyond me, but the game sounds shit regardless lol

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
So we got some more story details about Far Cry 6.

The villain feels charismatic, but all other character feels... flat, especially the main character. Seems Ubisoft has been doing that a lot these days.

The villain mode looks nice, but I hate how it's part of the FC6 season pass.... wait, did they just announce the season pass before the game release?

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
An avatar game? a game based on one of the most overrated movies of all time?

IDK about this. At least it looks pretty?

EDIT: James Cameron's Avatar, just to avoid confusion

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Ohhhhhh James Camerron Avatar, I though M. Night Shamlayan avatar movie and was like "Who would call that movie overrated!?".

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

EDIT: James Cameron's Avatar, just to avoid confusion
Wow Ubisoft. Way to hit that iron while it's hot. It's only 10+ year old film.

Kinda like how Ubisoft announces stuff like Skull and Bones and Beyond Good and Evil 2 and then just forgets about them for years and years.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Unfortunately, no.
I mean, honestly at this point, FC6, BG+E 2 and Skull and Bones could be the best games ever made and I don't think i'd buy them even at discounted prices because I'm fucking done with them. Both due to their lazy, explotative game design but also their "Oh, was there a sexual assault/harassment culture all over our company? I didn't see anything hur de der" attitude they still don't seem to have acknowledged.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Devolver Digital; They know how to be funny with their satires

Trek to yomi looks like 2d ghost of tsushima. It looks pretty good

Phantom Abyss looks like mature version of fall guys, minus the chaos of everything trying to get to the goal at the same time

Love the art style of wizard with guns, but I am not the big fan of multiplayer survival game

Inscryption sounds promising

deomn throttle is screaming the 8-bit era vibe. Hopefully, the actual gameplay matches the aesthetic as well

I think this is what I love about Devolver Digital; they are always helping to bring these indie games to wide audience without relying on big names

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
The Avatar reveal was just weird. It seems like a game that was made decades too late.

Does anyone still care about James Cameron's Avatar? Did anyone really care at the time? Does anyone care about the sequel that's supposedly in the works?

If it was an Avatar game starring Aang I think at least some people would be very hyped for this game, but I have no idea what audience this Avatar game is for.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean, honestly at this point, FC6, BG+E 2 and Skull and Bones could be the best games ever made and I don't think i'd buy them even at discounted prices because I'm fucking done with them. Both due to their lazy, explotative game design but also their "Oh, was there a sexual assault/harassment culture all over our company? I didn't see anything hur de der" attitude they still don't seem to have acknowledged.
Exactly why I don't touch their games anymore.

Does anyone still care about James Cameron's Avatar? Did anyone really care at the time? Does anyone care about the sequel that's supposedly in the works?
No. I want Battle Angel 2, but I don't see that happening now that Disney owns Fox. Disney said they have no interests in funding a sequel.

If it was an Avatar game starring Aang I think at least some people would be very hyped for this game, but I have no idea what audience this Avatar game is for.
I know I would! There's the Legend of Korra game, but that was average and rushed. Plus, it's been delisted from digital stores.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
So far Ubisoft and GearBox have been the weakest.

But still not "Sony 2006/Nintendo 2008" level awful cringe.