E3-2021 MEGATHREAD!!!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
If you think they'll have better hit detection this time, you are going to be very disappointed lol/.
Well that kinda looks like DS2 levels of bad, whereas the other SoulsBorne stuff generally had pretty awesome hit detection overall (not counting clipping issues). It shouldn’t be too much to ask that this game at least matches it after all the extra experience.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well that kinda looks like DS2 levels of bad, whereas the other SoulsBorne stuff generally had pretty awesome hit detection overall (not counting clipping issues). It shouldn’t be too much to ask that this game at least matches it after all the extra experience.
Fingers crossed bruh. It looks good either way so It's an instant buy from me.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I still have no intention of getting Godfall. But I had to laugh that they're back-porting next gen exclusives now.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I still have no intention of getting Godfall. But I had to laugh that they're back-porting next gen exclusives now.
No fucking way! I did not see that coming! I'll only get the game if they allow me to cancel out of my moves, but I don't think they're going to fix that little problem.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Oh, now that’s just kinda funny. All these random shows are stealing E3’s thunder.
This has been the case for a few years now. It used to be that Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, as well as EA and Ubisoft were all doing these big stage reveals. Then Nintendo stopped doing live, on-stage shows early in the 2010's, and started doing their pre-recorded Nintendo Directs. Since then, the whole event has been shaken.

Sony and EA have dropped out, lots of smaller publishers have stepped in. All of these other events have now appeared throughout the year, or around a similar time. Out of the Big 5 E3 presentations, only 2 remain the the traditional sense - being Microsoft and Ubisoft.

E3 has been slowly becoming more and more irrelevant by itself for years, but collectively, all of these other shows still mean that we are getting just as much stuff, if not more. Its just no longer all under one banner.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not really, more cringe and embarrassing, especially Nintendo's
Me personally, the 2008 E3 Nintendo conference I didn't find all that cringe or embarrassing. Too funny and hilarious for me to even bother caring.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
This has been the case for a few years now. It used to be that Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, as well as EA and Ubisoft were all doing these big stage reveals. Then Nintendo stopped doing live, on-stage shows early in the 2010's, and started doing their pre-recorded Nintendo Directs. Since then, the whole event has been shaken.

Sony and EA have dropped out, lots of smaller publishers have stepped in. All of these other events have now appeared throughout the year, or around a similar time. Out of the Big 5 E3 presentations, only 2 remain the the traditional sense - being Microsoft and Ubisoft.

E3 has been slowly becoming more and more irrelevant by itself for years, but collectively, all of these other shows still mean that we are getting just as much stuff, if not more. Its just no longer all under one banner.
"E3 slowly becoming irrelevent"

Is something I've been hearing for a decade now.

Its still here, and we are still talking about it. So why are people so sure to make it irrelevant?

Reactions: MrCalavera

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Its still here, and we are still talking about it. So why are people so sure to make it irrelevant?
For me at least, I've been finding E3 more and more irrelevant. Aside from maybe a couple of exceptions, but most of these shows I'm looking at aren't even part of it and doing their own thing. The ones I care about anyway. I hate Ubisoft with a passion, Microsoft has nothing interesting as of late still, and the smaller showings from different developers or publishers have more going for them without all the lame, filler fluff or skits. Devolver Digital still has the best showing so far. Only one's left I care about are Sony, Nintendo, Capcom, and Square. The only reason square is on the list, is because I want to see more of Final Fantasy XVI. It has the combat designer from DMC 5. If it wasn't for that, I would not be interested in Square's showing.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK

Well, because E3 itself is a shadow of what it once was.

It used to be that any significant announcements - particularly from the big 5 (MS, Sony, Nintendo, EA and Ubisoft) - came from E3.

Nowadays, there are alternative shows like The Game Awards, or first-party shows like Nintendo Direct, that serve the same purpose of E3. Hell, 2 out of the big 5 companies that used to take part in E3, no longer do so.

E3 still exists, yes. E3 still has a lot of clout, yes. But E3 is no longer anywhere near as significant or important as it once was.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'm not a huge fan of those super Japanese, anime RPGs but, this trailer for Tales of Arise tickles a few of my fantasy bones, enough for me to want to check it out.

Specifically the red headed guy that is giving me White Mage vibes...but is also a staff wielding badass.

And then the Shield Maiden. I'm a huge fan of defensive/support classes, and I won't lie that I really enjoyed seeing those 2 framed as being terrifyingly capable, as well as helpful to those around them. Might actually have to check this one out.

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm not a huge fan of those super Japanese, anime RPGs but, this trailer for Tales of Arise tickles a few of my fantasy bones, enough for me to want to check it out.
I'll need to see some long gameplay footage, it looks nice but ever since I've played tales of grace R I haven't been able to enjoy one of those since the combat was a couple of head and shoulder above all the other entry, past or future.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Specifically the red headed guy that is giving me White Mage vibes...but is also a staff wielding badass.

And then the Shield Maiden. I'm a huge fan of defensive/support classes, and I won't lie that I really enjoyed seeing those 2 framed as being terrifyingly capable, as well as helpful to those around them. Might actually have to check this one out.
It's time, @happyninja42...