Game Articles and Videos Thread

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Someone in War Thunder a month back literally posted the Challenger 2 Specs in a classified/restricted document to get the Devs of War Thunder to make the tank faster. Which they were right about, if the real-life Challenger 2 was as fast as the War thunder one, the British Army's tanks would be useless. But they are about to get arrested right about now.

Basically for the Tank Nerds War Thunders models tanks speed solely on horsepower, but the Challenger 2 which has low amounts of it makes up for it with other technology that makes it goes around s a fast as a modern US Abrams Tank or Russian T-90, but either due to laziness or malice on the Devs of War Thunder part, the Challenger 2 is hella slow in-game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There are a lot of No More Heroes articles floating around now, or from the past couple of years. Be warned, all have spoilers.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
They won't. One of the community managers quoted a rule of not using "unofficial" sources, and classified info falls under that.
lol all that for nothing. They should double down and actually make it slightly further away from reality.

Wonder if spy agency are taking notes, it's like the idea of "the quickest way to get a question answer on the internet is to post a wrong answer" taken to the next level.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
This Kotaku article is making the rounds for its "unprofessional" headline.

If anything, I commend Kotaku for just saying it as it is. Its just another one of those dime-a-dozen Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes mobile games, that just uses the XCOM license, has basically nothing in common with how XCOM actually plays, and is likely rammed full of microtransactions.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Takeaway is, if you get gypped by the game, keep contacting support until you get the answer you want to hear (from a real person).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@happyninja42, If you seeks some alternative light saber style combat: try the No More Heroes games. If you're interested at all. You and the wife shall be heavily entertained and dive in to some deep storytelling. It should tide you over for a while. If the next Star Wars game is another multiplayer shit fest, then these should hold you over. If you end up liking them, No More Heroes III comes out in August.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
@happyninja42, If you seeks some alternative light saber style combat: try the No More Heroes games. If you're interested at all. You and the wife shall be heavily entertained and dive in to some deep storytelling. It should tide you over for a while. If the next Star Wars game is another multiplayer shit fest, then these should hold you over. If you end up liking them, No More Heroes III comes out in August.

I might check those out. When I finish Sekiro for the different good ending, I'll have to decide on a new couples game. Well, couples game in that I play it, and she amuses herself watching me fuck up and get turned around. I was going to try Subnautica, as that was free through PS+, but I might try NMH. Depends on pricing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I might check those out. When I finish Sekiro for the different good ending, I'll have to decide on a new couples game. Well, couples game in that I play it, and she amuses herself watching me fuck up and get turned around. I was going to try Subnautica, as that was free through PS+, but I might try NMH. Depends on pricing.
Both games are $20.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
For you @Dalisclock. Plague has this video up. Not sure if you have seen it yet.

I posted that a while ago but appreciate it.

It does make me sad that MGSV's story feels so garbage and unsatisfying. Especially how Plague pointed out that the story of Venom could have been fucking brilliant if they'd actually leaned into the idea of someone having their entire identity stripped away to unknowingly cosplay as Big Boss and what that might do to a person. Instead, there's just nothing. Because Venom is a player insert and gets almost no fucking development or character growth, it just feels like playing your fan fiction OC insert instead of anyone who might fucking matter, especially since none of Big Bosses actual character development from the past 2 games(MGS3 and PW) carries over here.