Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

This is an actual thing. I thought about putting this in the joke thread, but then it wouldn't have worked as much.​

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
YES! I'm really enamored by the game. It kinda reminds me of a 3D Little Nightmares with a cat.
I just hope the gameplay is more on the organic side of the design spectrum. Feeling some consternation from all those button prompts, but maybe it’s for demonstration.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I just hope the gameplay is more on the organic side of the design spectrum. Feeling some consternation from all those button prompts, but maybe it’s for demonstration.
I can see right away that the gameplay is going to be nothing special but that isn't necessarily a dealbreaker for me. I enjoy games like Little Nightmares as well which are all about art and presentation. Stray looks like a really fun adventure in a similar mold. Maybe with a bit more free roaming elements. It's going to be the CATY.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nintendo's is at it with loot boxes and gambling mechanics on their mobile titles again.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
That title hurts my soul!

So? Plenty of 3D Fighter games were released during time. The only difference is that this one combined it's super mode with a beast transformation gimmick

But ask yourself this, Can it compete with Tekken which now holds a monopoly over 3D fighters. Even DOA basically is little more than the same of kind of Gacha exploitation Konami does.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So? Plenty of 3D Fighter games were released during time. The only difference is that this one combined it's super mode with a beast transformation gimmick
I don't care, it was and is one of the best and more unique 3D fighting games. The combo system for II and Primal Fury are insane; especially the latter. I'd play II and Primal Fury any day over all of the DOAs and some of the Tekkens. The franchise itself was doing decent.....aaaaaannnnn theeeeen Hudson Soft decided to fuck it up with the 4th entry.

Glad I did not buy it.
I would kill for an HD re-release for the original trilogy + PF. Th

But ask yourself this, Can it compete with Tekken which now holds a monopoly over 3D fighters. Even DOA basically is little more than the same of kind of Gacha exploitation Konami does.
It does not have to keep with Tekken. They're plenty of low budget, mid-budget, and indie fighting games that have been doing fine on their own. The main problem is Konami. Had nearly anyone else bought Hudson Soft, this conversation would not be happening. I don't even want a new game, an HD release would be good enough for me. Not every game needs to be SF, Tekken, DOA, etc. As long as the game is fun, that is all that matters to me. That is the most important part of fighting games: fun. All the tourney crap is secondary. A harsh lesson that took Capcom nearly all of generation 8 to figure out, while Arc System and many other fighting game devs are running circles around them.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Celebrity and movie-tie in games. Decent and great ones are main subject.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It's possible I already posted this but since I've been playing Breath of the Wild I'm going to drop it anyway, because it's an interesting discussion of every weapon in BOTW being made out of Balsa wood(or slight reinforced balsa wood) that breaks if you so much as look at it.

I know why they do this, and I don't fault the devs for trying, but damn if it feels like the system could have been tweaked to make it less annoying. Off the top of my head, the fact there are blacksmiths in the game but they'll only repair a few select weapons after they break as opposed to, well, any of the others kinda feels odd especially since, well, what's the point of having smiths if they won't actually repair anything except like 4 weapons?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Looks like it's gonna be a joke, but ends up feeling that profond. Probably the best take on Git Gud I've ever heard, honestly and i've heard similar takes from other people about how having to push through has helped people cope with depression and such.

Notably this article, which I found quite an interesting watch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reception for Samurai Warriors 5 has been somewhat positive, but there are mixed responses. Sterling doesn't like it and I can see why. It is definitely lacking content compared to all the past games. The immediate season passes for extra weapons does not help KT's case. Like I said before with my response to the demo, I'm probably going to wait for a price drop, or even better, in Extreme Legends edition or whatever.

Also, I request that we 📌 this thread. The same for the Gaming News and Gaming Jokes thread. Is that okay with you @Nick Calandra?

Last edited: