Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Nope, Nope. You didn't post anything, I read it all, you just made some random claim with no evidence whatsoever. If masks worked during the Spanish Flu then where's all these stories citing masks working then to get people to mask today? If masks worked back then, you'd just be able to point to it and say wear a mask now. Where's the say CNN article or whatever about masks worked before thus we should wear them now?
Already posted, learn to read.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
That's where we've been for a while- complete idiots deciding that they know better than "them labcoat-wearing know-it-alls" and doing moronic things like deciding that a medicine to remove parasites in an entirely different species is effective in fighting a human-specific virus.
Well conservatives still haven't stop screaming about anti-malaria medication being the magic bullet...

Reactions: Dalisclock

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Already posted, learn to read.
I did read, you made a claim with no proof to back it up.

Funnily enough, there were mask mandates and when people bitched about them enough saying it wasn't worth it, they lifted the mandates and it immediately started spiking.
Where's the proof to substantiate the claim?

He rarely ever does. Nor does he want to listen to anything sensible and logical.
I don't listen to unsubstantiated claims.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
How about a little real-time experiment? I live in Cook County Illinois but spend basically all my time in Lake County Indiana (friends, work, etc). Cook County is reinstating a mask mandate this coming Monday (8/23) and Lake County is not. Why don't we see what effect masks actually have? As of today (8/21), new cases per 100k are exactly the same.

1629575302889.png

1629575272573.png

Info from https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
How about a little real-time experiment? I live in Cook County Illinois but spend basically all my time in Lake County Indiana (friends, work, etc). Cook County is reinstating a mask mandate this coming Monday (8/23) and Lake County is not. Why don't we see what effect masks actually have? As of today (8/21), new cases per 100k are exactly the same.
That's not what you'd be measuring.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
That's where we've been for a while- complete idiots deciding that they know better than "them labcoat-wearing know-it-alls" and doing moronic things like deciding that a medicine to remove parasites in an entirely different species is effective in fighting a human-specific virus.
Apparently Farmers and Ranchers are getting pisserd because it's getting hard for find said anti-parasiitcs due to the idiot brigade buying all of it.

Reactions: CM156

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Apparently Farmers and Ranchers are getting pisserd because it's getting hard for find said anti-parasiitcs due to the idiot brigade buying all of it.
I understand that it's hard for many people to navigate the world of disinformation we live in.
But if you're buying horse dewormers from your local Tractor Supply store instead of getting a free vaccine, I think you've kinda got whatever consequences result coming.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It's come full circle. At his rally in Alabama Trump recommended to people that they should take the vaccine and they started booing.

This is actually hilarious.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It's come full circle. At his rally in Alabama Trump recommended to people that they should take the vaccine and they started booing.

This is actually hilarious.
Well, see, now he wants credit for the vaccine...the one he and his buddies keep casting doubts on because....democrats like it or something.

So yeah.