Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
"Treat people like adults who can make their own decisions and do their own research!"
Well that's a step too far. Treat people like adults who can make their own decisions. Don't tell them to do their own research. Sharing information and expertise is good.

Like, do people really not understand how spite works? You understand a bunch of people are unvaccinated just to spite people like you, right?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
You understand a bunch of people are unvaccinated just to spite people like you, right?
And so we understand that these are just horrible people. Willingly and knowing damage to society and themselves just to spite people they don't like.

''Son....I may now die, and leave you and mommy in uncertainty and poverty. But know.....that we owned the libs, we owned the libs!''

I have more respect for complete dullards who really do believe Bill Gates is putting microchips in vacines then dullards who know they're putting themselves and others at risk but proudly do it as some sort of twisted scorched earth policy.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
You understand a bunch of people are unvaccinated just to spite people like you, right?
Major adulting going on in their heads, that's for sure.
Some Random Chud said:
Should I get a free vaccine during a pandemic? No, I'll forego a vaccine and risk my health, and the health of those around me, out of spite, that'll show "'em!"
Ah well, it does make headlines of yet another anti-vaxxer kicking the bucket all the more sweet though.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And so we understand that these are just horrible people. Willingly and knowing damage to society and themselves just to spite people they don't like.

''Son....I may now die, and leave you and mommy in uncertainty and poverty. But know.....that we owned the libs, we owned the libs!''

I have more respect for complete dullards who really do believe Bill Gates is putting microchips in vacines then dullards who know they're putting themselves and others at risk but proudly do it as some sort of twisted scorched earth policy.
Major adulting going on in their heads, that's for sure.

Ah well, it does make headlines of yet another anti-vaxxer kicking the bucket all the more sweet though.
Freaking Kamala Harris said she wouldn't trust a vaccine from Trump during the campaign. Do all of you sitting around complaining about the people you hate really think yourselves so much more adult and we'll reasoned than the sitting vice president?

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Freaking Kamala Harris said she wouldn't trust a vaccine from Trump during the campaign.
For a man who complains so much about the media twisting the words of politicians, you sure lack a lot of rigour about your own claims when it suits you.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
For a man who complains so much about the media twisting the words of politicians, you sure lack a lot of rigour about your own claims when it suits you.
I'm not twisting her words. I was perfectly deliberate in my phrasing. She said she would not trust Trump about a vaccine. She said it to be spiteful. This is accurate information.
"And that means that you're the bad person! If you'd just be nicer to them, they'd go get vaccinated!"

The saddest thing is that you probably actually believe this.
Well, I don't really think you specifically being nicer would accomplish anything. The issue is that you're all parroting people who have far more public profiles. When a public figure spends all their time railing on Republicans, and then complains about how much unvaccinated Republicans piss them off, the unintended implication is "I hate you, and all it takes for you to make me miserable is you not getting a shot." Politicians getting angry or frustrated about unvaccinated people has the same feedback loop as Xi Jinping getting upset at comparisons to Winnie the Pooh. Policymakers ought to be better about this sort of thing, and it takes most of my faith in humanity to believe that they're encouraging bad behavior by accident rather than a deliberate campaign strategy.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I'm not twisting her words. I was perfectly deliberate in my phrasing. She said she would not trust Trump about a vaccine. She said it to be spiteful. This is accurate information.
That's only accurate if you *know* her motivation, not if you think you know it. I mean, the guy isn't trustworthy, it's perfectly reasonable to not trust him.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it's a common tactic. "30 US doctors say..."

Okay, fine. But what about the other 1,000,000 practising medical doctors in the USA?

Likewise, "10,000 scientists and engineers signed this petition..." So, including people who did a physics degree and then spent 40 years in finance and can't even remember what Brownian motion and Hooke's Law are? Okay then!
See also: the Great Barrington Declaration, a perfect illustration of quantity being used to obscure sub-par quality.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So other conditions and other supplements. I believe a papers have said 10,000 is perfectly safe. And, you just gotta take it with vitamin k if you're really concerned.
You have already been advised that "a papers [sic]" is not the appropriate way to review science. As many papers as possible would be preferable. In particular, most studies may look at only a very short term toxicity (e.g. we gave people X much for three months, no-one died so it's fine). But what about six months? A year? Ten years? Did that study just happen to not chance upon someone, where other studies have had patients suffering adverse effects?

What you said has been proven wrong or at least how much you think it has an affect. If people with vitamin d deficiency just needed one big dose to get them back to normal, then there'd be data on that and there isn't.

Show me any study that shows a single big dose of vitamin d will get someone up to normal levels from deficient levels because that is what you argued. Where's the data to prove it?
You are very ignorant about this topic. Can you please not make grandiose statements about what has been proven when you have no idea what's going on - if only to save yourself from looking so foolish? If you take one big dose, you will probably be replete for a period of time (relating to size of dose), but levels will decrease over time. Thus the question is not whether one big dose (say, 50,000IUs) will make you sufficient, but for how long it will make you sufficient.

As to providing you a study, I've got a few lined up. But I'm having fun more waiting to see if you can find them yourself, seeing as they should be easy to find with the elite science skills you think you have.

So 3 doctors that all take over 3,000 IUs a day just so happen to have poor absorption? At least 2 were under 30ng/ml taking 2,000/day. Fauci takes 6,000/day, no clue what his levels are or his goal though.
Three doctors were evidently trying to get very high vitamin D levels well above what anyone can recognise as significantly beneficial. Yes, if you want unnecessarily high levels of vitamin D, you will need to take correspondingly large quantities. Or, you can just settle for a decent amount and take much less.

Chicago had Lollapalooza and look at all the people bunched together outside and no super spreader event. So what data shows you masks are needed outside in any circumstance?
1) A lot of attendees of a nationally renowned festival don't live in the city it's hosted, so checking Chicago infections is not measuring the right sample. 2) A lot of attendees are likely to be young, with mild / asymptomatic cases and don't get tested to find them. 3) This far into covid, a lot of them are also likely to have some immunity, via prior infection or vaccination.

It's good news for sure. But it really doesn't show what you think it does.

Show me a good mask study, something on par with what is needed to show a drug is effective.
There are effectively no single studies that show drugs are effective, either.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Like, do people really not understand how spite works? You understand a bunch of people are unvaccinated just to spite people like you, right?
People who do that, INCLUDING KAMALA HARRIS AND ANYONE LIKE HER, out of spite deserve whatever scorn and consequences they get.

Well, see, now he wants credit for the vaccine...the one he and his buddies keep casting doubts on because....democrats like it or something.

So yeah.
That reminds me; why aren't he and conservatives tooting the horn of Hydroxychloroquine anymore? Did it fall out of fashion with them?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
That reminds me; why aren't he and conservatives tooting the horn of Hydroxychloroquine anymore? Did it fall out of fashion with them?
It has. The new rage is ivermectin. People have even been taking veterinary versions of it (inevitably leading to hospitalization due to dosing differences).

Ivermectin tablets are approved for use in humans for the treatment of some parasitic worms (intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis) and ivermectin topical formulations are approved for human use by prescription only for the treatment of external parasites such as headlice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

Ivermectin is FDA-approved for use in animals for prevention of heartworm disease in some small animal species, and for treatment of certain internal and external parasites in various animal species. People should never take animal drugs, as the FDA has only evaluated their safety and effectiveness in the particular species for which they are labeled. Using these products in humans could cause serious harm.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
She said she would not trust Trump's word alone on a vaccine, in the context of fears that the Trump administration was pressurising and/or potentially interfering in the vaccine approval process. This also with wider context of known White House interference in other matters of science and health.

And frankly, nor would I trust Trump alone. Nor should anyone with a passing awareness of Trump's behaviour because he is a man with a lifelong, proven record of lying, cheating and conning, who was behind in an election year and desperate for any win he could pass off to bolster his ailing electoral chances.

"Spiteful" is an odd accusation. I mean, politicians criticise each other, and as above, Trump and his administration were not trustworthy. For a Republican, it's a bit like removing the speck from someone's else eye when there is a plank in your own given the torrent of petty abuse Trump dished out on an almost daily basis. Although to be fair, even a load of Republicans said they wished he'd just shut the fuck up and act with some dignity (even if they were still going to vote for him if he didn't).

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Pretty sure there's an inverse correlation(Fewer Masks and more transmission).
Difficult to say. Actual mask wearing is very hard to measure - mask mandates or advice can be used as a proxy, but doesn't necessarily represent what actual use is.

As I think I have said before, no matter what Florida said about masks, I'm willing to bet you the folks in those retirement homes were isolating and masking heavily, because they saw who was doing most of the dying.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Pfizer's vaccine is FDA approved. I'll get it at the earliest opportunity.
Yeah, but don't you think it's kinda sketch how fast it all went? Sounds rather sus' to me, like it was rushed like no other vaccine would, somehow. 🤔🤫 Is the FDA really that trustworthy? 🤔 What about those long term side effects, the FDA can't know what happens to our bodies a year or two from now 🤔

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
Yeah, but don't you think it's kinda sketch how fast it all went? Sounds rather sus' to me, like it was rushed like no other vaccine would, somehow. 🤔🤫 Is the FDA really that trustworthy? 🤔
If you're trying to dissuade me, would you accept moral culpability if something were to happen to me?

Seeing as how you already received the vaccine, I can only assume you are, at best, merely pretending to be a skeptic, or at worst, wishing me death.