Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So I'm editing a Word document and I use the term "puppet master."

Turns out there's an inclusiveness setting in Word now - apparently, "A gender neutral term would be more inclusive."

Suggestions: Expert, Head, Primary

...yeah, sorry Microsoft, I'm going to click on "Ignore Once."
Puppet Primary just sounds like an election.........

"Yes, deep political comment but not very funny".

Redcaps? What, I should be afraid of goblins?
My first thought was the Military Police.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
How does this relate to some TERF pretending someone is trans when they were cis because they look at certain way?
It's not it was brought up by another poster about women in teaching and I figured it might be info worth adding.........

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes it would.
No self identification allows them to be changed but doesn't require them. It doesn't even require any evidence of social transition. It means you can be bald with a long beard and claim you're female then you're fine to go into the womens locker room and any challenging you is Transphobia.

That's not what self-identification means.

Self-identification means you can apply to legally change your sex without requiring extensive medical evidence from a doctor that you have gender dysphoria.

Where are you getting your information from?
Actual attempts at applying this stuff. Canada is more of a Social Transition one than a self identification system.

Even if that's true, which is frankly debatable, does that matter now?

I can't believe you're willing to sacrifice the safety of women and girls in the name of some utopian, idealistic idea of male equality. I guess all the women who are victims of abuse by men are just acceptable casualties in the name of progress, right?
I'm not. That's why there are laws relating to this. Stories of decent men acting to try and stop it happening. Stepping up when and where they can. Hell if you want to go into more stuff there's been research over time on abuse that breaks it down so it works out near 50:50 broken down into physical being 60:40 and psychological being 40:60 Male : Female abusers. There's actually a lot of funding far more than even 40:60 funding towards dealing with domestic abuse.

I mean the only solution that would stop it all is acting like the Taliban or something and segregating men and women unless they're family, and I don't think that will go down well.

And again, there's a much more obvious solution to that minority which correctly apportions blame, rather than expecting an unrelated minority to bear the cost.

If men can't keep their house in order, why do they deserve rights?
Well simply that there are already standards in place that work. Social Transition standards. They're not perfect ones admittedly but the cost so far seems to be a delay of time which actual attempts at social transition will generally see few people question it even if the proverbial ink on the Paperwork isn't dry yet. Another simple solution is reduce the delay by increasing funding in those sectors.

And?

Do you think having more men around would make things safer. Do you think men will actually do anything if they witness the abuse of women?

If that's the way you wanna go, just integrate all changing rooms. If there are men around, everyone is safe right?
yes I do because it's a minority who are the assholes.

As for integrated changing rooms, well who knows maybe in the future but as is some women very much prefer their privacy and we're not in a society yet that's basically 60's attitudes take 2 towards sex and sexuality.

No.

Going back to all seriousness for a moment, a person's gender identity is not predicated on them being a good person, and believing that it is is a massive insult to every other trans person, because what it actually shows is that you view trans identities as so inauthentic that their existence is contingent on your personal approval. That's not how it works, knock that shit off.
No, but while I'm no expert I'm not exactly sure most Trans Women enjoy having a cock let alone one that due to hormones etc isn't really functional. So it's rather suspect to me when some-one is claiming to be a Trans Woman and is winging their erect penis round doing the meat spin or using it to actually violate women.

Sure, but let's not pretend that minority isn't demographically skewed.

Indulging the metaphor, the main problem here is that a group of people, pretty much from birth, have been taught to believe that they have a right to walk through any unlocked door and that the responsibility is on everyone else to protect themselves against them. Trying to shift the debate towards the risk of being burgled by trans people is merely a deflection from that fact, because at the end of the day, the only reason anyone is worried about transwomen at all is because of the perceived resemblance to cis men. Sure, the men who overtly and deliberately abuse women may be "a minority", but those men grew up in the same environment as all the other men, they learned the same lessons and have (broadly speaking) the same mentality. That's why so many men who don't abuse women nonetheless tolerate or participate in the abuse of women.

The reason everyone locks their doors is because everyone knows they can't trust men. Why are you so unwilling to admit where the problem here actually is? You know it. Your entire argument hinges on it.
No they're worried because of incidents like the Wi Spa incident happening and there being no give and take one way or another.
Hell a lot of the issue is a lack of give and take on both sides.
Full on Terfs need to be a bit more lenient on people who aren't passing but have made an effort of some kind.
Full on TRAs need to be a bit more lenient with the idea of people who very much aren't passing and have made little effort to actually be challenged. E.G. people very much with clear beards still along with very short hair dressed in I dunno some shirt that says "I love women with big tits" or something.

Thing is it's clear men didn't all learn the same lessons. Also I'm pretty sure there are probably some women burglars too out there lol

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
He's fairly well known in the UK.

I saw an interview with him about how he started up. Apparently he was not a terribly successful stand-up comedian in the 80s, and then during one gig where he was faring particularly poorly and the audience were restive, he sort of snapped and starting swearing about why he should have to put up with such shit... and people started laughing. So, quick on the uptake, he started swearing a lot more and being gratuitously rude, and it went down well. Thus, a career was born. Obviously, it excludes him from a lot of the big money in TV, etc. but he's done well on the comedy circuit.
Just to add for Seanchaidh he's even had about 5-6 DVDs of his tours made over the years, generally released at Christmas when all the other Comedy tour DVDs tend to come out. There's 4 on Google Play Movies in the UK right now which for the record is more than Bill Bailey has on Google Play Movies.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
No self identification allows them to be changed but doesn't require them. It doesn't even require any evidence of social transition. It means you can be bald with a long beard and claim you're female then you're fine to go into the womens locker room and any challenging you is Transphobia.
Umm. No.

I know what self-identification means. I was tangentially involved in the (failed) push to introduce self-identification in the UK.

Self-identification means that you can legally change your sex without needing to provide medical evidence in support of your case. In the UK, this would be accomplished through applying for a gender recognition certificate, as trans people already do. It would simply make the process easier and less medicalized, to reflect the modern understanding of transgender identity. This system already exists in Ireland, which adopted a self-identification model back in 2015. In Denmark, the first European country to introduce self-identification, changing your legal sex only requires a 6 month waiting period.

If you don't have legal recognition of your acquired gender, then the law isn't obligated to treat you as your acquired gender. That is literally the point of a self-identification system, because otherwise it becomes a huge problem for trans people who are socially transitioned but can't get GRCs because of lack of access to adequate medical care, because what it means in practice is women having to use men's facilities. And I don't just mean changing rooms, I mean prisons. What do you think happens to women when you put them in men's prisons?

Actual attempts at applying this stuff. Canada is more of a Social Transition one than a self identification system.
The system in Canada vary by state, but the federal law is absolutely based on self-identification.

Stories of decent men acting to try and stop it happening. Stepping up when and where they can.
Who cares though. If even one man does something bad, we just can't take the risk and let men wander around doing as they please. I'm just being a realist.

Hell if you want to go into more stuff there's been research over time on abuse that breaks it down so it works out near 50:50 broken down into physical being 60:40 and psychological being 40:60 Male : Female abusers. There's actually a lot of funding far more than even 40:60 funding towards dealing with domestic abuse.
So, as someone with a sociological background in this area, the way you get those kinds of numbers is to ask people if their partner has ever hit them, or ever shouted at them to the point that it made them feel bad. A lot of men will answer yes to those questions, and thus you can claim that they've suffered intimate partner violence, but then when you look into it it turns out their partner slapped them one time, or yelled at them for not doing the dishes. The problem is, that's not really the kind of abuse that causes problems. The kind of abuse that causes problems involves patterns of coercive control, sexual violence or escalating physical violence, all of which are heavily concentrated in men's treatment of women, and not the reverse.

Men and women tend to have very different socialized standards for what constitutes abuse. Women are generally reluctant to call violence against them abuse until it becomes very serious, a partner getting angry and hitting or grabbing them one time generally doesn't register as abuse to women because media covering abuse tends to focus on much more serious and dangerous abuse faced by women. Men are more likely to view any act of violence or verbal insult against them as abusive, which skews self-reporting results in ways that many researchers (often intentionally) don't account for.

This is not to say that women aren't abusive, again this whole thing is a joke, but women abusing men is far less of a social problem than men abusing women. Serious, long-term, controlling abuse by women tends to be directed at children or other women, not men.

I mean the only solution that would stop it all is acting like the Taliban or something and segregating men and women unless they're family, and I don't think that will go down well.
I don't know, the Taliban sound like pretty big realists to me.

Although why stop at families. Women are far more likely to be sexually abused by a family member than a trans person. Like I said, just ban men everywhere. It's the only realistic choice.

Well simply that there are already standards in place that work.
They don't work though.

They kind of suck. They're humiliating, degrading, expensive and often result in the perpetuation of serious forms abuse against trans people.

Also, stop saying social transition, you don't know what it means. What you mean is medical standards.

No, but while I'm no expert I'm not exactly sure most Trans Women enjoy having a cock let alone one that due to hormones etc isn't really functional.
I mean, that's kind of up to them isn't it. It's not really your job to judge or regulate other people's feelings about their bodies.

INo they're worried because of incidents like the Wi Spa incident happening and there being no give and take one way or another.
Thousand of those incidents happen every day with cis men.

IFull on Terfs need to be a bit more lenient on people who aren't passing but have made an effort of some kind.
"Full on TERFs" don't give a fuck if anyone passes or not. They want trans people erased from existence, and the very concept destroyed.

The "full on TERFs" are old guard lesbian feminists who think transwomen symbolically "rape" cis women by existing.

Full on TRAs need to be a bit more lenient with the idea of people who very much aren't passing and have made little effort to actually be challenged. E.G. people very much with clear beards still along with very short hair dressed in I dunno some shirt that says "I love women with big tits" or something.
So basically, you want to regulate every aspect of people's lives, down the way they dress, the way they style their hair and their sexual preferences, to ensure they live up to your personal standards of gender conformity.

Er, no. Pass.

Thing is it's clear men didn't all learn the same lessons.
I'm sorry, but this idea of male equality is just too utopian. It's never going to work in real life.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Umm. No.

I know what self-identification means. I was tangentially involved in the (failed) push to introduce self-identification in the UK.

Self-identification means that you can legally change your sex without needing to provide medical evidence in support of your case. In the UK, this would be accomplished through applying for a gender recognition certificate, as trans people already do. It would simply make the process easier and less medicalized, to reflect the modern understanding of transgender identity. This system already exists in Ireland, which adopted a self-identification model back in 2015. In Denmark, the first European country to introduce self-identification, changing your legal sex only requires a 6 month waiting period.

If you don't have legal recognition of your acquired gender, then the law isn't obligated to treat you as your acquired gender. That is literally the point of a self-identification system, because otherwise it becomes a huge problem for trans people who are socially transitioned but can't get GRCs because of lack of access to adequate medical care, because what it means in practice is women having to use men's facilities. And I don't just mean changing rooms, I mean prisons. What do you think happens to women when you put them in men's prisons?
Well as a recent case showed there is often a review and assessment board that looks at if the person has or is seen to have socially transitioned already.

The system in Canada vary by state, but the federal law is absolutely based on self-identification.
Unless it's changed very recently it did use evidence of social transition as part of the identification requirement not merely a say so and nothing else like say photos of the person out and about as their I dunno new identity, is that the right term I don't like the term chosen gender because that kinda undermines the idea that Trans people always have been the other gender really.

Who cares though. If even one man does something bad, we just can't take the risk and let men wander around doing as they please. I'm just being a realist.
Because there will always be bad people also see the point I made again about compromise on both sides here.

So, as someone with a sociological background in this area, the way you get those kinds of numbers is to ask people if their partner has ever hit them, or ever shouted at them to the point that it made them feel bad. A lot of men will answer yes to those questions, and thus you can claim that they've suffered intimate partner violence, but then when you look into it it turns out their partner slapped them one time, or yelled at them for not doing the dishes. The problem is, that's not really the kind of abuse that causes problems. The kind of abuse that causes problems involves patterns of coercive control, sexual violence or escalating physical violence, all of which are heavily concentrated in men.

Men and women tend to have very different socialized standards for what constitutes abuse. Women are generally reluctant to call violence against them abuse until it becomes very serious, a partner getting angry and hitting or grabbing them one time generally doesn't register as abuse to women because media covering abuse tends to focus on much more serious and dangerous abuse faced by women. Men are more likely to view any act of violence or verbal insult against them as abusive, which skews self-reporting results in ways that many researchers (often intentionally) don't account for.

This is not to say that women aren't abusive, again this whole thing is a joke, but women abusing men is far less of a social problem than men abusing women. Serious, long-term, controlling abuse by women tends to be directed at children or other women, not men.
No that seems to be a misconception really spread about abuse that actually stops men coming forward feeling they'll be blamed as somehow not being manly enough. I mean there's strong evidence Stephen Hawking was abused by his 2nd wife before he divorced her and that very much was physical and mental abuse.

I don't know, the Taliban sound like pretty big realists to me.

Although why stop at families. Women are far more likely to be sexually abused by a family member than a trans person.
See the question is would that play out the same if it was proportionally similar numbers of people with family vs people who are lets go with good friends or housemates with Trans people.

Overall you're right but that's the same kind of overall like it's overall true that the US spends more on Renewable energy research than any other nation. The Devil would often be in the details and I'd suggest the numbers would probably work out fairly similar. After all you yourself said being Trans doesn't make a person necessarily good

They don't work though.

They kind of suck. They're humiliating, degrading, expensive and often result in the perpetuation of serious forms abuse against trans people.

Also, stop saying social transition, you don't know what it means. What you mean is medical standards.
How are they failing especially?

I don't know though. Why wouldn't women want to get changed around a bunch of big strong men who can protect them from the evil trans?
I dunno ask Eve why she became ashamed of her nakedness in the bible.
It's part of a kinda recently sweeping culture of sex negativity going on.

I mean, that's kind of up to them isn't it. It's not really your job to judge or regulate other people's feelings about their bodies.
No though it does rather bring into question people on about the idea of feeling they're in the wrong body when said elements would rather be elements of the wrong body would they not?

Thousand of those incidents happen every day with cis men.
Do they? In actual women's spaces? Not some pervert in a dirty mac running round the woods?

"Full on TERFs" don't give a fuck if anyone passes or not. They want trans people erased from existence, and the very concept destroyed.

The "full on TERFs" are old guard lesbian feminists who think transwomen symbolically "rape" cis women by existing.

So basically, you want to regulate every aspect of people's lives, down the way they dress, the way they style their hair and their sexual preferences, to ensure they live up to your personal standards of gender conformity.

Er, no. Pass.
Well that's an impasse and will be for a long long time as it's likely going to see a lot of backlash to the idea of some bald guy with a full beard being accepted and treated normally as being a woman.

I'm sorry, but this idea of male equality is just too utopian. It's never going to work in real life.
Yet it's been shown rather to work, not perfectly but it does.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Unless it's changed very recently it did use evidence of social transition as part of the identification requirement not merely a say so and nothing else like say photos of the person out and about as their I dunno new identity, is that the right term I don't like the term chosen gender because that kinda undermines the idea that Trans people always have been the other gender really.
Which state?

Also, the legal term is acquired gender.

Because there will always be bad people also see the point I made again about compromise on both sides here.
"There will always be bad people" isn't an argument in your favour, it's an argument in mine. Statistically, most of those bad people will be cis men. Therefore, we need to take precautions against cis men.

Remember, if a single cis man manages to abuse a woman, that is a failure of the entire project of male equality. Since thousands of cis men abuse women every day, it is abundantly clear that male equality is a utopian pipe dream. We need to be realistic about this, this is no time to think about silly pie in the sky ideas like men being entitled to protection from discrimination. The existence of men is discrimination, and if we don't do something about it we are participating in the abuse of women in the name of societal progress.

I mean, here's a modest proposal. Surgically remove every male baby's penis at birth. They won't miss what they never had, and within a generation all women are 100% protected from exposure to partially erect penises. Paradise on earth will have been achieved.

No that seems to be a misconception really spread about abuse that actually stops men coming forward feeling they'll be blamed as somehow not being manly enough.
By whom?

See, this is the kind of argument I encounter a lot because I study (among other things) the men's liberation and men's rights movements. They're really good at coming up with weird suppositions like this, but there's very little evidence for it impacting any well-conducted piece of empirical research.

Of course male victims of serious or prolonged abuse will be left with feelings of shame. Shame is an almost universal feature of that kind of abuse. It is a deeply humiliating experience, because almost by definition getting into that situation requires you to have been broken down a bit. But generally, the reason people don't want to talk about abuse isn't because they're worried a researcher will judge them based on confidential self-reporting, it's because they don't want to admit what happened to themselves. Both men and women are vulnerable to that, in fact because women are so much more likely to experience sexual violence, which tends to be particularly humiliating and traumatic, they're often deeply unwilling to talk about it.

But men are typically absolutely fine talking about low level abuse (occasional slapping/hitting/screaming/lashing out in anger) which is also the kind of stuff women tend to play down when talking about abuse experiences. It's easy to compensate for this by asking appropriate questions and factoring abuse severity into your research.

See the question is would that play out the same if it was proportionally similar numbers of people with family vs people who are lets go with good friends or housemates with Trans people.
No.

Family abuse is incredibly common, though it lags a little behind intimate partner abuse as a whole. Families are actually one of the most abusive social environments.

After all you yourself said being Trans doesn't make a person necessarily good
True, but that doesn't imply any kind of parity.

How are they failing especially?
Again, they are failing trans people by being degrading, unfair, expensive, sluggish, bureaucratic and patronizing, as well as by failing to protect trans people from obvious and very severe forms of abuse. I don't see how this is terribly hard to understand.

No though it does rather bring into question people on about the idea of feeling they're in the wrong body when said elements would rather be elements of the wrong body would they not?
Who said that being trans is about feeling that you're in the wrong body?

That was the way the medical profession talked about trans people in the 1980s. It doesn't belong in modern clinical practice. Even gender dysphoria is a lot more complex and multifaceted than feeling like you were "born in the wrong body."

Do they? In actual women's spaces? Not some pervert in a dirty mac running round the woods?
The entire reason we have "women's spaces" is because we recognize that men are predatory and a threat to women. That is literally why those spaces exist.

And no, it's not just perverts running around in the woods. Running around in the woods is a pretty terrible way for abusers to find victims. Abusers operate by appearing to be normal men, because they are normal men. Men get away with abusing women because, from the outside, it just looks like normal male behaviour. They're boyfriends and husbands who seem to love their partners very much and sometimes get a bit possessive and jealous (but what man doesn't?) They're boys who like to go out and have fun, and noone around them notices that the girls they end up going home with are always wasted. They're attractive young men in their 20s who for some reason keep dating or hitting on teenagers and then shrug it off by talking about how they're immature for their age. They're guys who get into kink or poly communities and chew through a series of very young, inexperienced women while all the men around them applaud and never stop to ask why none of their exes ever spoke to them again.

It's constant, it's all around you all the time and you probably just ignore it every day. You've learned not to even see it, or to never ask the inconvenient questions. Meanwhile, you spend all your energy focusing on one single trans person.. do you see how that's a bit gross?

Well that's an impasse and will be for a long long time as it's likely going to see a lot of backlash to the idea of some bald guy with a full beard being accepted and treated normally as being a woman.
That's fine.

Noone is asking for your approval.

Yet it's been shown rather to work, not perfectly but it does.
Well, given that a single potentially abusive trans person is apparently a sign of things "not working", I would beg to differ on that.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Which state?

Also, the legal term is acquired gender.
See Acquired Gender sounds just as bad I think.

Also it's whatever state Liana K is in cause I think it was her on about it

"There will always be bad people" isn't an argument in your favour, it's an argument in mine. Statistically, most of those bad people will be cis men. Therefore, we need to take precautions against cis men.

Remember, if a single cis man manages to abuse a woman, that is a failure of the entire project of male equality. Since thousands of cis men abuse women every day, it is abundantly clear that male equality is a utopian pipe dream. We need to be realistic about this, this is no time to think about silly pie in the sky ideas like men being entitled to protection from discrimination. The existence of men is discrimination, and if we don't do something about it we are participating in the abuse of women in the name of societal progress.

I mean, here's a modest proposal. Surgically remove every male baby's penis at birth. They won't miss what they never had, and within a generation all women are 100% protected from exposure to partially erect penises. Paradise on earth will have been achieved.
Except under self id and the idea of being unable to challenge people over it they're not a Cis-man they're totally a legitimate Trans Woman because they said so............why would you want that really?

As I said though compromise on both sides to accept a reasonable spot between two extreme points.

To turn things back around on your admittedly hyperbolic argument. Self ID is therefore bad because it would allow Cis-Men to exploit a law also the other issues with your proposal is the idea of removal of bodily autonomy and that given to the state which yeh lets not do that for anyones sake as no-one wants Mega Texas Plus abortion bounty hunter laws.

By whom?

See, this is the kind of argument I encounter a lot because I study (among other things) the men's liberation and men's rights movements. They're really good at coming up with weird suppositions like this, but there's very little evidence for it impacting any well-conducted piece of empirical research.

Of course male victims of serious or prolonged abuse will be left with feelings of shame. Shame is an almost universal feature of that kind of abuse. It is a deeply humiliating experience, because almost by definition getting into that situation requires you to have been broken down a bit. But generally, the reason people don't want to talk about abuse isn't because they're worried a researcher will judge them based on confidential self-reporting, it's because they don't want to admit what happened to themselves. Both men and women are vulnerable to that, in fact because women are so much more likely to experience sexual violence, which tends to be particularly humiliating and traumatic, they're often deeply unwilling to talk about it.

But men are typically absolutely fine talking about low level abuse (occasional slapping/hitting/screaming/lashing out in anger) which is also the kind of stuff women tend to play down when talking about abuse experiences. It's easy to compensate for this by asking appropriate questions and factoring abuse severity into your research.
"By whom?"
Groups who very much still benefit from the present systems which include benevolent sexism. Wasn't one of the initial founders of a women's Shelter charity attacked and shouted down before for suggesting making something similar for men?

As for little impact in the real world wasn't there a very basic test done of a man hitting a woman and people stepping in vs a woman attacking a man and people walking by or mostly laughing at it?

Here's one similar one actually

Hell here's the BBC doing similar

Like it or not there's very different standards in society. Just look at the Johnny Depp Lawsuit that's happened and how people still are so far on Heard's side in some cases rather than at least on the fence again if not suspecting most of the abuse was actually her attacking him. (As a Reminder Depp has 0 depth perception is 100% blind in 1 eye and requires glasses or contacts to see clearly out of his other eye.)

No.

Family abuse is incredibly common, though it lags a little behind intimate partner abuse as a whole. Families are actually one of the most abusive social environments.
Also the environment people likely spend the most time with.

True, but that doesn't imply any kind of parity.
Well general numbers would unless you're suggesting being Trans somehow makes people different in other ways from the standard population.

Again, they are failing trans people by being degrading, unfair, expensive, sluggish, bureaucratic and patronizing, as well as by failing to protect trans people from obvious and very severe forms of abuse. I don't see how this is terribly hard to understand.
And how will having a law in place for self identification which wouldn't include other than existing anti-discrimination laws change anything in regards to the abuse? Sluggish can be fixed, Expensive can be fixed, Bureaucratic well that's everything normally where the government is involved at all and patronising can likely be improved too.

Who said that being trans is about feeling that you're in the wrong body?

That was the way the medical profession talked about trans people in the 1980s. It doesn't belong in modern clinical practice. Even gender dysphoria is a lot more complex and multifaceted than feeling like you were "born in the wrong body."
Well yes dysphoria can take different forms and have different aspects to it or just be non gender association rather than full dysphoria. But I was talking Trans in the sense of hoping to transition to feel comfortable, whichever that dysphoria is such that people see and regard a person as the opposite sex.

The entire reason we have "women's spaces" is because we recognize that men are predatory and a threat to women. That is literally why those spaces exist.

And no, it's not just perverts running around in the woods. Running around in the woods is a pretty terrible way for abusers to find victims. Abusers operate by appearing to be normal men, because they are normal men. Men get away with abusing women because, from the outside, it just looks like normal male behaviour. They're boyfriends and husbands who seem to love their partners very much and sometimes get a bit possessive and jealous (but what man doesn't?) They're boys who like to go out and have fun, and noone around them notices that the girls they end up going home with are always wasted. They're attractive young men in their 20s who for some reason keep dating or hitting on teenagers and then shrug it off by talking about how they're immature for their age. They're guys who get into kink or poly communities and chew through a series of very young, inexperienced women while all the men around them applaud and never stop to ask why none of their exes ever spoke to them again.

It's constant, it's all around you all the time and you probably just ignore it every day. You've learned not to even see it, or to never ask the inconvenient questions. Meanwhile, you spend all your energy focusing on one single trans person.. do you see how that's a bit gross?
Or because it specifically opens the door up for Predator men to take advantage of said spaces and create opportunity which is like the idea of locking doors to prevent a robbery, you reduce opportunity.

As for running round the woods, well I live near enough to a woods and went to school by one such that just in my school years we had 7 or more reports of flashers in the woods. As a way to find victims, if it's a flasher apparently they do just fine with woodland area people use or walk through.

Abuse doesn't generally look like normal male behaviour......... where did you get that idea from?
I've not ignored it, maybe it's just something with the company I keep being decent guys and not associated with (as a real example) the guy who went to prison from my school year for Voyeurism offences and filming his neighbour changing multiple times without her permission from within a bush in her garden.

That's fine.

Noone is asking for your approval.
Yeh just legal approval which generally will require people on side for it to happen

Well, given that a single potentially abusive trans person is apparently a sign of things "not working", I would beg to differ on that.
except it would be more than a single one as the rules are actually in yet.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
"... wrote one Facebook user. .. Another user ... wrote another resident. "
Articles based on social media reaction is... just so sickeningly pathetic.
This is just like that film Spotlight, where they exposed abuse in the church via deep investigations of Nextdoor.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

Slow news day?
In defence of the mural, Driffield's population is apparently (2011 census) ~13,000 whites and under 200 non-whites, so I guess 15/15 white people is pretty representative of reality.

"... wrote one Facebook user. .. Another user ... wrote another resident. "
Articles based on social media reaction is... just so sickeningly pathetic.
Well, that's the problem with social media. It literally represents public interest, so whatever loads of people on social media are commenting on is almost, by definition, news. Shit, useless news that does no-one any good, maybe, but news nonetheless.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Well, that's the problem with social media. It literally represents public interest, so whatever loads of people on social media are commenting on is almost, by definition, news. Shit, useless news that does no-one any good, maybe, but news nonetheless.
Imagine articles being written about whatever bullshit posts get made around here, it's just too weird a thing to think about, but sadly it's reality.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
As I've been saying for years: The problem with the media is that it gives us exactly what we want. And now social media has put us in charge.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Kwak

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So another one for woke world.
A Journalist who hates cops so badly she doesn't want them to try and find the mother of an infant found in a shallow grave.
Finding the mother is often done to first and foremost make sure they are mentally and physically well because they may have had complications giving birth or may have had some kind of mental breakdown and be a risk to themselves or hell the infant may have been kidnapped or something. But No Cops Bad so screw making sure the mother is ok..........

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
So another one for woke world.
A Journalist who hates cops so badly she doesn't want them to try and find the mother of an infant found in a shallow grave.
Finding the mother is often done to first and foremost make sure they are mentally and physically well because they may have had complications giving birth or may have had some kind of mental breakdown and be a risk to themselves or hell the infant may have been kidnapped or something. But No Cops Bad so screw making sure the mother is ok..........
Because cops aren't trained for this. If she's going through a crisis, they'll probably just shoot her.