General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not a fan of review bombing, but I don't believe there's any justifcation for blocking IPs over it.
In case like this, I would not mind the IP blocking. These comments ain't "freedom of speech", thoughtful coversations, just having a different opinion, these are nothing, but comments of racism and hate speech. That's harmful speech. I highly doubt the IP blocking would happen, but I would not object to it in this case.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I'm not a fan of review bombing, but I don't believe there's any justifcation for blocking IPs over it.

I mean, even discounting the freedom of speech argument, imagine how publishers/devs could use that to their advantage? Getting bad reviews? Block 'em.
This looks like it’s going beyond blocking for bad reviews; these whoever they are “users” are actively engaging in a politically motivated attack on a game just because they saw some minor thing they didn’t like in it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
On the one hand, it kinda makes sense. Expatriates tend to get weirdly nationalistic regardless of origin.

On the other hand, it's really not different from homegrown Shitty Gamer Nerds doing the exact same thing, blowing up a minor grievance to insane proportions. Definitely have a long and detailed history of that, particularly if something is "woke"

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Its really funny. Game companies slavishly bend over backwards to appease China and then Xi Jinping still slaps them down hard.
The problem is the targeted industry was with mobile gaming and PC MMOs, not full service games. Damage was already done to the games industry at large as they still can sell their services elsewhere.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Jake from State Farm Insurance has finally made it into a video game, because the gambling and microtransactions aren't enough for these multibillion dollar making games....No they need corporate sponsership money too!! Because fuck you! We are going to copy and paste our sports games every single year, and you can fuck yourself and give us money because you dont have any choice! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I do have choice: playing other games.
There are a lot of sports fans that are fucked though, which is the problem. Can't make a Fifa, NFL, or NBA game without dealing with these fuckwad companies. MLB is done by Sony, which I haven't heard has had any problems with excessive MT's. But im not 100% on that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
MLB is done by Sony, which I haven't heard has had any problems with excessive MT's. But im not 100% on that.
MLB The Show is no longer exclusive to Sony since 2020. Those games rarely ever bothered with MTs.

There are a lot of sports fans that are fucked though, which is the problem. Can't make a Fifa, NFL, or NBA game without dealing with these fuckwad companies.
All I have to say is I hope the fans from back in the day kept their copies of NBA Jam (the last one released on all 7th gen consoles and PC) or Street series, NFL Blitz, or NFL Street. Or hope they have an arcade that's got'em. The only other option, aside from emulation, is...

Still better than buying the same shit every year with not much change.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Simpsons Arcade 1up model will be out in November. Hopefully, it allows you to play the American and Japanese version.

The price is $699.99, so I would wait until that is split in half.

Their making a solo Turtles in Time Cabinet (without the first game) and a 2 player counter version.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The Simpsons Arcade 1up model will be out in November. Hopefully, it allows you to play the American and Japanese version.

The price is $699.99, so I would wait until that is split in half.

Their making a solo Turtles in Time Cabinet (without the first game) and a 2 player counter version.

did that xmen one ever come out?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
did that xmen one ever come out?
Comes out in October. The pre-orders are sold out on the website itself, but you can still pre-order from their partners.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Jake from State Farm Insurance has finally made it into a video game, because the gambling and microtransactions aren't enough for these multibillion dollar making games....No they need corporate sponsership money too!! Because fuck you! We are going to copy and paste our sports games every single year, and you can fuck yourself and give us money because you dont have any choice! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
There are a lot of sports fans that are fucked though, which is the problem. Can't make a Fifa, NFL, or NBA game without dealing with these fuckwad companies. MLB is done by Sony, which I haven't heard has had any problems with excessive MT's. But im not 100% on that.
Have you seen sports game fans, they don't give two shits about what Steamies and Gamers tm think since their lineup is pretty much COD and sports games of their favorite teams. They don't really play anything else.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Comes out in October. The pre-orders are sold out on the website itself, but you can still pre-order from their partners.
wow expensive.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I'm fucking sick of seeing Deathloop trailers. This game is automatically 0/10 just for fucking annoying me.
Masterpiece. Steam has it as being of "mixed" reviews while Metacritic has 74 reviews so far putting it at 88/100.
I've sworn to get through some of my pile of shame before buying another non VR game. This is making me question that position.

Reviewing the "Editor's Hour" on https://www.escapistmagazine.com/ too to see what their impressions are.

EDIT: I don't know how to get there other than you can get to IGN's 25 modern 10/10 game overview from that Deathloop link. Kinda cool but back in the day, sites like www.gamespot.com where so stingey with their 10 scores, there were only a couple so rated. Even so, it was fun to take a look and see how many I have and really need to get back to them!

Last edited: