Bayonetta 3 Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Finally! After nearly 4 years since its announcement; actual gameplay. Looks like they're going more of a new direction. I noticed a bigger emphasis fighting giant monsters. Bayo even gets her own DT form that looks like a Jojo stand. Sign me up!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
She looks worse with every game...
Speak for yourself. Her look in 2 is actually my favorite. I love the beehive hairdo and everything, but I respect developers who don't do the same thing all the time. Change is not necessarily a bad thing when done in small steps or the right guidance. I respect developers that try something different. It's why I love Platinum in the first place. The same applies Grasshopper and Hideaki Itsuno when it came to the later DMC games.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Speak for yourself. Her look in 2 is actually my favorite. I love the beehive hairdo and everything, but I respect developers who don't don the same thing all the time. Change is not necessarily a bad thing when done in small steps or the right guidance. I respect developers that try something different. It's why I love Platinum in the first place. The same applies Grasshopper and Hideaki Itsuno when it came to the later DMC games.
Change is fine. But giving Bayonetta of all women such short hair in the second game was just wrong. Or were her clothes NOT made of her witch hair? Her hair was so much more unique in the first than in the second.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ugh dammit, I'm already getting a steam deck. I don't want to have to get a switch now also.

Also, she looks good, if you think differently, you are just wrong.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But giving Bayonetta of all women such short hair in the second game was just wrong.
No it's not. You can't expect every single person to have the same hairstyle for the rest of their life. It's exactly why Platinum did the change. It fits her character. Bayonetta is somebody that does not like to keep doing the same thing over and over. Most women do not mind changing their look. The same applies for a lot of men too.

Or were her clothes NOT made of her witch hair?
Women have hair in other places, ya know? Don't think too hard about it, unless you're into that type of thing.

Her hair was so much more unique in the first than in the second.
Guess what? Her original look is a unlockable costume in the 2nd game, after you beat it your first time through. So you really have nothing to complain about. Also, just be happy we're getting a third game. Complain all you want; I really don't care. I am more than satisfied.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Didn't like her hair in the second game, I do like her design in this one.

That's about all I can say. I enjoyed Bayonetta 2 less than Bayonetta 1 in general, for reasons I can't really articulate. It just felt a tad too easy and less well paced. Let's see how 3 measures up

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Change is fine. But giving Bayonetta of all women such short hair in the second game was just wrong. Or were her clothes NOT made of her witch hair? Her hair was so much more unique in the first than in the second.
Speak for yourself; that new do of hers is hitting every single note on the hot teacher checklist and I’ll hear no backchat on the subject :p

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I enjoyed Bayonetta 2 less than Bayonetta 1 in general, for reasons I can't really articulate. It just felt a tad too easy and less well paced.
While 2 is easier than 1, I don't see that as bad thing. 1 went overboard on the difficulty with hidden challenge fights (lots of which are hard to find and heavily depend on your final ranking), the insta-death QTEs, and that stupid punch Jubileus in to the sun mini game that gets harder on the higher difficulties, and that version of Infinite Climax mode. 2 is still challenging, but it's not constantly punching you in the balls or ovaries. I disagree with 2 being well less paced. I found the pacing better in 2 than 1.

I do agree on how they made the wrong decision making Bayo herself, do less damage output compared to the first game. It's really noticeable when playing as Jeanne or Rosa. The reason why is that they want you to use Umbran Climax for most of the fights, but they should have not made her do less damage, because of it.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Say an interesting theory floating around that the Bayonetta in the trailer might not be the Bayonetta, based on her hairstyle resembling somebody else from earlier in the series.

Haven't played them though, so grain of salt

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Say an interesting theory floating around that the Bayonetta in the trailer might not be the Bayonetta, based on her hairstyle resembling somebody else from earlier in the series.

Haven't played them though, so grain of salt
I heard about theory and completely ignoring it.

Reactions: bobdark

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I just think it’s sad this started as a multiplat IP but wound up a big N exclusive. Especially considering it’s the exact opposite of how these things usually go.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just think it’s sad this started as a multiplat IP but wound up a big N exclusive. Especially considering it’s the exact opposite of how these things usually go.
You can blame Microsoft, Sony, and Sega for that. Platinum went to Microsoft, they said no. Platinum went to Sony and they said "We'll think about it". In other words, no. Sega wanted to, but they lacked the funding, due to the job loss and firing a lot of their staff and employees at that time. Nintendo came to Platinum. So you actually have to thank Nintendo for even getting these sequels off the ground. If it wasn't for them, we would still be at Bayonetta 1.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
You can blame Microsoft, Sony, and Sega for that. Platinum went to Microsoft, they said no. Platinum went to Sony and they said "We'll think about it". In other words, no. Sega wanted to, but they lacked the funding, due to the job loss and firing a lot of their staff and employees at that time. Nintendo came to Platinum. So you actually have to thank Nintendo for even getting these sequels off the ground. If it wasn't for them, we would still be at Bayonetta 1.
Ok that’s great for Nintendo to do that, but still doesn’t eliminate the fact people who played the original would now need to buy a Switch or Wii U (eww) to play the sequel(s), where the first only sold a fraction of the original as well. I’d be more inclined to blame SEGA moreso for piss-poor management and marketing than praise Nintendo for assisting in this case.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
There is it's no such thing as a "Karen" haircut. It's just a regular tomboy haircut and she knows how to rock that look real well. Still stylish and sexy either way.
I've worked retail for years, I know a Karen haircut when I see one.