Bayonetta 3 Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ok that’s great for Nintendo to do that, but still doesn’t eliminate the fact people who played the original would now need to buy a Switch or Wii U (eww) to play the sequel(s), where the first only sold a fraction of the original as well. I’d be more inclined to blame SEGA moreso for piss-poor management and marketing than praise Nintendo for assisting in this case.
Cry me a river. Unfortunately, that's how business goes in the AAA gaming industry. You need to be thinking about the system. And there's a reason why I put Sega on the list for a reason. They have poor management. Sony and Microsoft still made a choice. Either one of them could have easily said yes, and they chose not to make the decision. So they still shall take partial blame. I know Sony and Microsoft fanboys that are/were angry, but not all of them cared for, nor played Bayonetta. A lot of the ones that got angry, only played the game once, didn't care in the first place, and only started caring when Nintendo picked up the IP.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've worked retail for years, I know a Karen haircut when I see one.
I worked in retail for a few years myself, and most women with that type of haircut didn't act like any "Karen" I know of. Most were pretty cool, kept themselves, or didn't act like jackasses.

I can't help but feel you have some misplaced anger or retribution to somebody that did nothing to you. You want to get mad at somebody, get mad at the jackass customers, not the character that actually does something useful with her life. You have fun dealing with with that problem of yours.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I worked in retail for a few years myself, and most women with that type of haircut didn't act like any "Karen" I know of. Most were pretty cool, kept themselves, or didn't act like jackasses.

I can't help but feel you have some misplaced anger or retribution to somebody that did nothing to you. You want to get mad at somebody, get mad at the jackass customers, not the character that actually does something useful with her life. You have fun dealing with with that problem of yours.
Well that's an unusually hostile reply. I just think Bayo looks like a Karen in 2. Because of the haircut.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well that's an unusually hostile reply. I just think Bayo looks like a Karen in 2. Because of the haircut.
There is nothing hostile. I'm just pointing out a comment that has nothing do with anything, and telling you like it is. Ending it there, cuz I am not doing this constant back and forth. Just be happy we're getting a 3 and something new to look at.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Cry me a river. Unfortunately, that's how business goes in the AAA gaming industry. You need to be thinking about the system. And there's a reason why I put Sega on the list for a reason. They have poor management. Sony and Microsoft still made a choice. Either one of them could have easily said yes, and they chose not to. So they still shall take partial blame. I knew there were console Fanboys that were angry, but not all of them cared for nor played Bayonetta. A lot of the ones that got angry only played the game once or didn't care in the first place they only started caring when Nintendo picked up something.
I’d just like to see a PC port for these sequels eventually, as the soonest I’d probably be looking at a new Nintendo system would be whatever they do next anyways.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Eh, I'm not into spectacle fighters. I enjoyed Dante's Inferno, but I love hell themes and lovecraftian gothic stuff, so it was right up my alley. The rest, God of War, Bayonetta, the Devil May Care games, I'm missing a few others, they just don't do anything for me. The gameplay looks more annoying that challenging, and the characters/setting aren't the Inferno, so not sure why they bothered.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Eh, I'm not into spectacle fighters. I enjoyed Dante's Inferno, but I love hell themes and lovecraftian gothic stuff, so it was right up my alley. The rest, God of War, Bayonetta, the Devil May Care games, I'm missing a few others, they just don't do anything for me. The gameplay looks more annoying that challenging, and the characters/setting aren't the Inferno, so not sure why they bothered.
Who knows what we're going to get this time. Just wait and see. Plenty of demons did show up in the second game that you had to fight, so there you go. You even go into hell halfway into the game. Dante's Inferno was just average. It has some neat ideas and twists, but it held no interest for me.

think there's a modicum of hostility in telling me about "misplaced anger" and to "have fun with that problem of yours" but ok. I'd ask for your manager myself.
You're the one that brought up Karen in the first place dude. If you didn't like it, that would have been fine enough So there's definitely some some misplaced anger on your part. Otherwise not falling in the trap, so you have a good one.

I’d just like to see a PC port for these sequels eventually, as the soonest I’d probably be looking at a new Nintendo system would be whatever they do next anyways.
I wouldn't mind either, but that's most likely not going to happen.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

It seems pretty much anything could be a Karen haircut by that site’s logic

Anyways for reference it was about making her look “more masculine” -

Sorry Abby but she beat you to it.

My main point of contention would be her hair in the first game was an integral part of her design, style and appeal. In 2 she just looks like the devs were pandering towards the trend of the week.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Anyways for reference it was about making her look “more masculine” -
Sorry Abby but she beat you to it.

My main point of contention would be her hair in the first game was an integral part of her design, style and appeal. In 2 she just looks like the devs
Thank you for the info. I still disagree and I don't think they were just following a trend of the week. It's pretty clear they wanted to do something different and there's nothing wrong with that. You can unlock her original costume after beating the game the first time, so it is not a complete lost.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
You're the one that brought up Karen in the first place dude. If you didn't like it, that would have been fine enough So there's definitely some some misplaced anger on your part. Otherwise not falling in the trap, so you have a good one.
All I said was that Bayo has the Karen haircut in 2, I don't know what the hell you're on about misplaced anger.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Not surprising and very noticeable in the trailer. This is as close as we're going to get to a Scalebound game now. I'm okay with this. It sucks Microsoft still owns the actual IP and title, but oh well. They had a good idea and they screwed up. I know it was a case of fault on both parties, I still say Microsoft shares the majority of the blame. Them canceling Scalebound, what pretty much made me not buy an Xbox One.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Hideki telling it like it is. I highly doubt Nintendo will listen, but it was a nice thought of him to tell the fans to ask Nintendo to port the sequels other consoles.
Just can’t help but wonder how good this game would look on a modern system. Before anyone says “But the Switch is current gen!” keep in mind it’s still behind the performance benchmark of the other last gen consoles.

Reactions: MrCalavera

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Just can’t help but wonder how good this game would look on a modern system. Before anyone says “But the Switch is current gen!” keep in mind it’s still behind the performance benchmark of the other last gen consoles.
While you do have a point, I still consider the Switch current gen regardless. They're still making new games, and the ones of the AAA variety are still $60+. Plenty of indie games are still being released on the system too. I would like the sequels on multiple consoles as well, but as we've seen before, that's most likely not going to happen. At least the first game is on PC and modern consoles. Then again, No More Heroes 1 and 2 are getting PC ports, so anything's possible. Yet, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
My takeaway from this is that we should stop using "current gen" or "next gen" to refer to framerates and graphics, because that's not what those terms mean.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
My takeaway from this is that we should stop using "current gen" or "next gen" to refer to framerates and graphics, because that's not what those terms mean.
True and I was mostly being facetious in pointing that out, but the point still stands that Nintendo has been consistently behind the curve. Thinking of it, the pricing of their games should also reflect that, but never will due to the exclusivity and people continuing to accept it without question.