Our Covid Response

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Except the person can improve their job. The person can education themselves. Thus able to move into more and more complex jobs.

However the low value job will never improve. Stacking boxes will forever be stacking boxes.

So maybe just dont treat people like shit?
Why not treat them like shit? They are shit.

I can tolerate people regarding me as a piece of shit, because I am a piece of shit. I'm a minimum wage worker, traitor to my country, I'm a corrupter of my community and workplace, I'm a destroyer of western civilization, I'm an ANTIFA operative all the way down to my soul and heart. I'm human garbage, and I accept that. I'm a failure at every aspect of life. I deserve nothing but to be lined up against the wall to be shot or hanged by a lamp post.

But even knowing this, there is one thing I will not abide done to me, and that's being condescended and lied to.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I know this isn't about worker/ owners etc and might be wildly off topic but anyway....

People are now using nebulizer to breath in Hydrogen Peroxide to 'cure' Covid-19

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
People are now using nebulizer to breath in Hydrogen Peroxide to 'cure' Covid-19
The same stuff "blondes" use to bleach their hair? Let's see what the National Library of Medicine says....
Although most inhalational exposures cause little more than coughing and transient dyspnoea, inhalation of highly concentrated solutions of hydrogen peroxide can cause severe irritation and inflammation of mucous membranes, with coughing and dyspnoea. Shock, coma and convulsions may ensue and pulmonary oedema may occur up to 24-72 hours post exposure.
Have at it, morons.

Reactions: bluegate and Kwak

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
He's not been.
Your proof?

We've already covered why shitty wages are not a good enough incentive to work during a disaster. Unsurprisingly, you don't appear to have kept up with the conversation.
I covered all the bases. Work during pandemic with no health insurance and no vaccines available? Nope, quit and take unemployment benefits. Your job has health insurance, then work during the pandemic so if you get sick from covid (or anything else), you don't go bankrupt and get early treatment, preventative screenings, etc. In the present, there's no reason anyone (outside specific rare exceptions) shouldn't be working with freely available immunity. The bonus covid umemployment money should've stopped long ago when vaccines became available.

This must remain a moot point, given that no-one has done anything even close to a useful study on it.
You can look at up any covid discussion and see what Fauci and Makary said about them all. Marty was right about vaccine spacing, you can look that up now. He literally told the guy giving him the 1st dose of vaccine (many months ago) that he'd be back in 3 months not 3 weeks because he knew 3 weeks was too soon and the guy was like I can't do that and Marty was like I don't care, I'll be back in 3 months. Fauci just waited the 3-4 weeks and got his 2nd dose. Also...

Do you also admire mathematicians as geniuses for saying that 2 + 2 = 4?
I admire people for saying "I don't know" when they don't know.

You say "post data", but the data is already posted. You just don't realise it, because of how completely incompetent you are at drawing conclusions from science.

Indoor transmission is unquestionably a much bigger problem than outdoors. What you are trying to do here is manipulate the fact that studies suggest up to an estimated 95% or so of transmission being indoors is the same as saying outdoors is safe. To which the only thing that needs to be pointed out is: what about that other 5%? The existence of that 5% means there are things you can do outside that involve elevated risk, doesn't it?

The clever thing to do at this juncture is think, hmm, what are these outdoors activities where spread is happening? And seeing as we have a pretty good idea what they are - like chatting to someone face to face in close proximity, or being in crowded spaces - maybe you should use a mask for those activities. And indeed, this is in fact what a great number of health bodies still recommend, contrary to your claim "nobody thinks" that.
Show me any data of super spreading that happened outdoors? I'm sure there's at least one concert or football game or something where a lot of people got covid if spreading happens in any meaningful way outside. Also...

The flu indoors is more deadly than covid outside so if you didn't wear a mask inside for the flu before the pandemic, then why are you wearing a mask outside for covid? Stay consistent in your risk tolerance.

The spread of outdoor transmission is so low that there aren't any numbers for which activities are more dangerous. Outside of standing right in front of somebody and talking directly in their face, I don't see any other time being outside could be considered unsafe by any data that we have.

Yeah man, just be a nurse and get yelled at by people dying of covid for not letting them have deworming medication.
:rolleyes: Yeah, nobody should take Nobel Prize winning medication. Wanting to take ivermectin is no different than parents wanting their kids vaccinated when there's no data on it. Based on known safety profiles, ivermectin is less dangerous than vaccines for teenagers, which is why the UK advisory panel did not recommend the vaccine for 12-15 year olds.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Your proof?
I'm still waiting for yours; you made the claim, and so far all you've provided in support are some highly contentious claims he's made that happen to align with your personal philosophy.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
:rolleyes: Yeah, nobody should take Nobel Prize winning medication. Wanting to take ivermectin is no different than parents wanting their kids vaccinated when there's no data on it. Based on known safety profiles, ivermectin is less dangerous than vaccines for teenagers, which is why the UK advisory panel did not recommend the vaccine for 12-15 year olds.
Oh you bet man. Penicillin should also be taken for anything, because it is famous and has won awards. We definitely shouldn't mock people taking it for a virus.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You can look at up any covid discussion and see what Fauci and Makary said about them all. Marty was right about vaccine spacing, you can look that up now. He literally told the guy giving him the 1st dose of vaccine (many months ago) that he'd be back in 3 months not 3 weeks because he knew 3 weeks was too soon and the guy was like I can't do that and Marty was like I don't care, I'll be back in 3 months. Fauci just waited the 3-4 weeks and got his 2nd dose...
Again, you don't really understand what's going on or what's at stake here.

We have data to demonstrate that the protection afforded by a single dose of the vaccine is substantially lower than two (irrespective of the gap). Thus if you're a reasonably healthy person young to middle age, spacing your vaccine is pretty reasonable. If you're elderly, much less so, as it may double your chances of a serious (potentially fatal) covid infection in those months waiting for the second.

Next, Fauci is a trusted, high ranking government official who needs to set an example for the US population, because the US population is full of fucking tools who are suspicious, afraid and complacent about vaccination. So in order to help establish confidence, Fauci goes and gets vaccinated consistent with the established protocol scientifically used in the trials. Thus when Fauci decides when to have his second shot, it's not necessarily because he thinks that's the optimal time to have it for his personal immune system. He's got to consider things that smug wankers like Marty Makary don't.

And frankly, I don't think facile YouTube love-ins with soft interviewers qualify as good data.

I admire people for saying "I don't know" when they don't know.
Then please, please try to give yourself more admiration.

Show me any data of super spreading that happened outdoors?
Are you being completely ignorant or deliberately disingenuous?

The flu indoors is more deadly than covid outside so if you didn't wear a mask inside for the flu before the pandemic, then why are you wearing a mask outside for covid? Stay consistent in your risk tolerance.
Random gibberish.

The spread of outdoor transmission is so low that there aren't any numbers for which activities are more dangerous. Outside of standing right in front of somebody and talking directly in their face, I don't see any other time being outside could be considered unsafe by any data that we have.
Yes, exactly. So if you plan on being in close proximity to someone outdoors, maybe consider wearing a mask. We know roughly about the distance of large droplet spatter - that's why social distancing was set at six feet, because it's pretty safe. But three feet is achievable just by breathing (never mind speaking or coughing): that's the sort of distance people might be facing each other over a picnic table.

So, let's use an analogy. In the UK, ~70 people a year die of electrocution, of which ~2 are hit by lightning. A parallel of your argument is that it is safe to go hillwalking in a thunderstorm because just 3% of electrocution deaths per year are due to lightning, and hey, show me the data of multikills that happened from lightning strikes! But actually, it's really not safe to be on a hill in a thunderstorm, as any experienced rambler knows.

There is furthermore additional context. Let's say 99% of infections occur indoors and 1% outdoors. So that means outdoors is ~100 times safer, right? But what if 95% of our time is spent and human contact occurs indoors? Actually, that suggests outdoors is only ~5 times safer than indoors, doesn't it? So without factoring in that sort of context the claim that 99% of infections occur indoors is, on its own, a lot less informative and representative of risk than you think it is.

This is the sort of thing smart and well informed people think about. That's why thank god they are making guidelines, not you.

Yeah, nobody should take Nobel Prize winning medication.
Okay then, I invite you to have this Nobel Prize winning medical procedure.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Since the conservative bi-line on vaccines is that I, as a vaccinated person, am more dangerous than an unvaccinated person, can I call in to work and claim this as a reason to quarantine?

I've also not taken Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine, which makes me more of a typhoid mary.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Since the conservative bi-line on vaccines is that I, as a vaccinated person, am more dangerous than an unvaccinated person, can I call in to work and claim this as a reason to quarantine?

I've also not taken Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine, which makes me more of a typhoid mary.
Did you forget to inhale your bleach?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I thought we were supposed to inject the bleach and inhale the hydrogen peroxide. I'm all kinds of confused now...
Hydrogen peroxide is bleach.

Standard bleach is sodium hypochlorite, but there are lots of others.

Reactions: Avnger

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
OK, this is getting pretty scary. Headlines from Drudge today:
1633000427071.png
This is hysteria. I have to fear there is something else going on here.
Do the powers that be know there is something worse waiting for us if we don't vaccinate that they are not telling us?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 4584
Do the powers that be know there is something worse waiting for us if we don't vaccinate that they are not telling us?
Several of those headlines are seriously misleading.

Firstly, Sydney is not planning "total isolation" for the unvaccinated. This actually merely refers to businesses having the right to refuse entry for unvaccinated people. So no total isolation, and no legal restriction.

Secondly, Biden is not implementing a vaccine mandate, or fining people $700,000. This refers to an adjustment of fines for companies that are found to "willfully, repeatedly, or seriously violate" labour laws which relate to workplace hazards, death and serious physical injury. So there's no new mandate, and no new legal regulation. It's an increase in fines for an existing regulation. Which is not actually related to Covid, but to dangerous workplaces in general.

I completely welcome that increase in fines. The fines as they were before were chump change.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
View attachment 4584
Yes, they do.

They know that if people don't go out and vaccinate, hospitals will continue to get swamped with republican landwhales not able to breathe.

This will put a major stress on the people working in hospitals and healthcare costs.

And that's ignoring that how the longer the virus circulates and is reproduced, the higher the chances of a mutation popping up that is either more lethal, more infectious or in another way will cause problems down the road.

Fuck me, ever heard of Occam's razor? Don't go looking for absurdly farfetched answers when a perfectly reasonable one is right in front of your nose.

Reactions: Dalisclock

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Several of those headlines are seriously misleading.

Firstly, Sydney is not planning "total isolation" for the unvaccinated. This actually merely refers to businesses having the right to refuse entry for unvaccinated people. So no total isolation, and no legal restriction.

Secondly, Biden is not implementing a vaccine mandate, or fining people $700,000. This refers to an adjustment of fines for companies that are found to "willfully, repeatedly, or seriously violate" labour laws which relate to workplace hazards, death and serious physical injury. So there's no new mandate, and no new legal regulation. It's an increase in fines for an existing regulation. Which is not actually related to Covid, but to dangerous workplaces in general.

I completely welcome that increase in fines. The fines as they were before were chump change.
I'm thinking from what you wrote, a company could still see a $700K fine for not enforcing vaccinations in their businesses, even if the person already has natural anti-bodies caused by having had it. Troubling.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I'm thinking from what you wrote, a company could still see a $700K fine for not enforcing vaccinations in their businesses, even if the person already has natural anti-bodies caused by having had it. Troubling.
Why is that troubling? The state of a person's "natural antibodies" is not something that can be guaranteed to be present and provide defense against the virus. However, a properly administered vaccine is a guarantee that a person has a certain base level of immune defense (outside of the usual medical outliers that always appear). Additionally, there are zero downsides and provable upsides to getting the vaccine as a person who already has "natural antibodies."

Reactions: gorfias