General Gaming News.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Is this finally it? A new Splinter Cell game???

Could be the first Ubisoft game I'd be genuinely interested in for a while. But I really, REALLY hope that even Ubisoft isn't dumb enough to introduce their stupid RPG elements into this franchise. If I find myself unable to choke a goon out because he's 2 levels higher than me, I will riot.
Don’t worry, they will be.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Anyone else get Overstrike flashbacks with the Justice League trailer?

Bunch of four misfits in tongue-in-cheek trailer go up against evil robots while "Tick Boom" is playing in the background.

Anyone?
No, but that's because Overstrike's trailer managed to balance some sincere commitment to the Firefly meets GI Joe aesthetic but wasn't afraid to occasionally put tongue in cheek.

Oh and of course it wasn't based on the retarded idea that a dipshit with a rifle, a wanker with some boomerangs, a lunatic with a baseball bat and King Shark are in anyway capable of taking on the Justice League where they've stopped giving a shit. How much crap are they gonna pull out of their ass to make this game last longer than the five milliseconds it would take for Flash alone to turn them all into paste. And wait, if Captain Marvel is evil now, does that mean he and Black Adam are bash brothers? Is only Jon Stewart off the handle or have Hal, Guy and Kyle (and the other new Lanterns) all decided they wanna give Sinestro's regimen a go?

I blame Tower of Babel for this shit.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Apparently God of War is coming to PC. Pretty happy about that since I had to storage my PS4 but I also wanted to do another playtrough. Horizon must have done pretty well on PC
I'm expecting at least two tweets of somebody smashing and breaking stuff in their house over a PlayStation exclusive going to PC.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Apparently God of War is coming to PC. Pretty happy about that since I had to storage my PS4 but I also wanted to do another playtrough. Horizon must have done pretty well on PC
Neat. Here's to hoping the pc port will be good. Track record of PS exclusives has been rather hit or miss so far.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Neat. Here's to hoping the pc port will be good. Track record of PS exclusives has been rather hit or miss so far.
It's God of War, they're not going to fuck that up. The best news is that now the game can run at 60 frames per second or higher.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I don't even know what to say about this. It's one of those things where i just feel... indifferent
I was wondering why Witcher 3 would need to be delayed, turns out they're planning on adding DLC from the Netflix show. Which I have to admit, is cool. But I wonder if said updates will come to the last gen version, because why not.

Still a bad look for them though, unless the next gen-upgrades are orgasm inducingly amazing.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
There is that rumor floating around that BB has a PC Port done already and they're just waiting to announce it. I'm trying not to get hyped about that. A couple of different outlets have said the same thing, though all from the same source apparently.

Another site seems to be supporting that same claim -

My only issue with it is - and it’s an elephant in the room kind of thing that even a notable leaker should be having second thoughts about - the validity of the part where Bluepoint themselves are helming an actual Bloodborne sequel. Unless he’s 110% from the horse’s mouth sure of that, it’s pretty irresponsible to even suggest it seeing as how now it leads everyone to believing it’s true. Which would be kinda preposterous given it would basically mean that Miyazaki and his team aren’t even involved, which I find ludicrous.

We’ll see what’s announced, but unless Miyazaki and his entire team are somehow running a shadow studio via Bluepoint, I don’t see him handing over the next chapter for his personal favorite IP to a developer who’s never done anything original.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I swear everytime they reveal more about the game the worse it looks
The problem with this reboot is that it lacks lacks an identity. I don't mind color or anything, but it looks like a weird cross between Watch Dogs 2 and Fortnite. Volition is making the same mistakes Ninja Theory that, by trying to come off as hip or cool. Though DmC (2013) is way worse in tone, characters, and story. Plus, Saints Row has been done to death at this point. There's nothing left to do, even when you take new characters into account. Volition might as well have just done a new sandbox game and make it a spiritual successor at the very least. Nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Another site seems to be supporting that same claim -

My only issue with it is - and it’s an elephant in the room kind of thing that even a notable leaker should be having second thoughts about - the validity of the part where Bluepoint themselves are helming an actual Bloodborne sequel. Unless he’s 110% from the horse’s mouth sure of that, it’s pretty irresponsible to even suggest it seeing as how now it leads everyone to believing it’s true. Which would be kinda preposterous given it would basically mean that Miyazaki and his team aren’t even involved, which I find ludicrous.

We’ll see what’s announced, but unless Miyazaki and his entire team are somehow running a shadow studio via Bluepoint, I don’t see him handing over the next chapter for his personal favorite IP to a developer who’s never done anything original.
That got my attention as well.

As much as I've love to see BB2 in any form, the idea Bluepoint and not FROM would be doing it kinda reeks of some sort of BS. Even if it was true, I'd be highly skeptical of it as being a real BB game and not just a High Quality Soulslike(probably).

Which is one of many reasons I'm not gonna hold my breath for this. If and when there's an official "Yes, BB is getting ported and/or a sequel" announcement, then I'll cream my pants(metaphorically) in glee.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

I swear everytime they reveal more about the game the worse it looks
"You can place ventures where you want"(out of like 3 or 4 possible spots) and also the ventures are basically the mini-games we already know. BTW, I don't see Septic Avenger here.....

Not really impressed by this.

I'm waiting till after reviews drop before deciding if I'm gonna bother.

Last edited: