Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Only because Activision's ickiness is out in full display. Both Sony and Microsoft condemning it doesn't change the high likelihood that similar shit is happening at their own companies.
It's a pre-emptive "We care" so they presumably look better(they don't) when their own devs/workers come out and talk about shit going down in house at MS/Sony/Nintendo.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Anyone remember battlefield friends from 2010s?

After the fall of Machinima, the creators withdrew most of their episodes from youtube. They have been steadily re-releasing the episodes on their channel.

This particular episode is not only funny, but seriously appropriate to the current state of BF2042

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

After the fall of Machinima, the creators withdrew most of their episodes from youtube. They have been steadily re-releasing the episodes on their channel.

This particular episode is not only funny, but seriously appropriate to the current state of BF2042

I never knew it about it, but I can see the appeal. The only thing I cared about Machinma wise was Two Best Friends, who broke off early before the fallout, and sometimes Achievement Hunters.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Both people involved are dangerous idiots.

Dumb asses.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Last edited:

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Reactions: BrawlMan

escaper

Nov 4, 2021
Country
USA

Hey you guys remember that MMO from Amazon? Apperently there is a deflation of the in-game economy happening. I find it rather fascinating, as typical MMO has inflation.
Amazon Games developers promised to solve the problem with deflation, although, of course, such bugs are unacceptable on the launch start of the game

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The Metro has always had bad takes in the political sphere, but this takes the absolute butteriest biscuit.🧐

Screenshot_2021-11-28-18-08-40-49_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

(They're not getting my rage clicks, screenshots all the way for these fools!😉) Also had no idea it won any game awards, as have not followed that glorified advertisement festival, but I suppose ppl still care about those meaningless back-pats enough to write these such articles.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
(They're not getting my rage clicks, screenshots all the way for these fools!😉) Also had no idea it won any game awards, as have not followed that glorified advertisement festival, but I suppose ppl still care about those meaningless back-pats enough to write these such articles.
The Game Awards are next week, so REVIII hasn't won anything, tho it is on the shortlist for GOTY. Also, not really Metro's take, but a reader's. So it's really more one bloke bitching his fave game didn't get nominated, if you ask me. That said, I sort of agree. Not that REVIII is bad, it's not, but it is imo only just fine, and it feels like it only made the cut because it's been a pretty disappointing year overall in the AAA space.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Metro has always had bad takes in the political sphere, but this takes the absolute butteriest biscuit.🧐

View attachment 4996

I rarely ever read anything from these fools, but why the hate for RE8? I don't like nor care much of the game either, but it's definitely not a bad game, nor would I put it on the worst year list.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States

View attachment 4996

Eh I thought the game was alright but I wouldn’t put it as goty material. It’s RE4 in first person mode honestly.

The Game Awards are next week, so REVIII hasn't won anything, tho it is on the shortlist for GOTY. Also, not really Metro's take, but a reader's. So it's really more one bloke bitching his fave game didn't get nominated, if you ask me. That said, I sort of agree. Not that REVIII is bad, it's not, but it is imo only just fine, and it feels like it only made the cut because it's been a pretty disappointing year overall in the AAA space.
It did win goty from golden joystick awards.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

They're why I even got into Battlefield (seriously at least) in the first place. Always thought they were excellent voice actors and writers, but the animation never got past the jank.

I always get these shitty articles popping up in my feed. It's just kinda sad at this point. Imagine growing up to be a games/comics/movie journalist only to shovel out clickbait for the rest of your life.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Ahh, thanks for looking: such info of which clicking on it would've been provided had I done so. But I refuse to feed this algorithm! It still thinks I need to see Jordan Peterson and Russel Brand... I do not! Your noble sacrificial plunge will not be forgotten. 🙏
Yeah, most games in the awards seem to hover around just above average. The only other game I know about winning so far, or probably nominated actually, is Deathloop only cause of the massive fuss cloud it appears to have kicked up. Luckily this isn't a Red Dead/TLou2 type problem this time I guess? Still, am hoping to try that game when finances are better some time.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I always get these shitty articles popping up in my feed. It's just kinda sad at this point. Imagine growing up to be a games/comics/movie journalist only to shovel out clickbait for the rest of your life.
Better than to be a nobody who can't even feed the staff with the earnings they make for their site or end up being deplattformed because of their slipping sanity caused them to issue a call to violence

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America