Beta Feedback Thread

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
@Drathnoxis Just a heads up that this fix is in progress. Should be done by the end of the week. I've got a script busy processing millions of posts and flagging the ones that need to be deleted. After that I'll delete the flagged ones, which are the misattributed ones.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
@Drathnoxis Just a heads up that this fix is in progress. Should be done by the end of the week. I've got a script busy processing millions of posts and flagging the ones that need to be deleted. After that I'll delete the flagged ones, which are the misattributed ones.
Cool, thanks for the heads up.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
@Drathnoxis This has been done. Almost a million posts have been deleted.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The search function kind of sucks on the forums. If I try to search the "What are you currently playing thread" for "No More Heroes" I just get a 504 gateway timeout error or if I put it in without quotes I get no results, which is false.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Anyone else experience long loading times and not seeing any of the user avatars?
I've had that happen before. Right now its working fine for me, but I have seen that happen. Clearing the cache seems to resolve it, but it also seems to fix itself after a little time.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
The search function kind of sucks on the forums. If I try to search the "What are you currently playing thread" for "No More Heroes" I just get a 504 gateway timeout error or if I put it in without quotes I get no results, which is false.
I've looked into improving this more actually but it's not free to implement (Elasticsearch). And if you look around, there's no ads on these forums so it's a tough sell!

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I've looked into improving this more actually but it's not free to implement (Elasticsearch). And if you look around, there's no ads on these forums so it's a tough sell!
Yeah, I can understand why they wouldn't want to pour a lot of money into the forums, not exactly raking in those premium subscriptions from forum users either, hehe. Thanks anyway for looking into it.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, it seems like there is a bug where if you place an image in your post towards the beginning of typing out the rest, it has troubles compiling it, but if you take it out and put it back in it seems to work. An example would be this post of mine here;

I put that image in right as I was typing it out as you read it, but ran into troubles previewing my post around the end of typing that first paragraph after the image. I removed it from the post body (but still had access to the "thumbnail/full size" options for it) and put it back and it sorted itself out.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
So like, is there anything that can be done about the bots joining? I don't particularly care since they are kind of funny and not really overpowering the forums, yet. But it seems like they are becoming more frequent and it's not the best look for the site.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
So like, is there anything that can be done about the bots joining? I don't particularly care since they are kind of funny and not really overpowering the forums, yet. But it seems like they are becoming more frequent and it's not the best look for the site.
Look on the bright side... we're special enough to have bots targeting us again! How fun! =D (But yeah, they definitely shouldn't stick around if it can be helped)

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I don't know if this is a Me problem or even where to bring it but I'm getting the "two step verification" requirement but not getting the email code. It's been like this a few days so I was hoping it might just be a one time hiccup but it seems to be a consistent problem as I've tried each day to no email...

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I don't know if this is a Me problem or even where to bring it but I'm getting the "two step verification" requirement but not getting the email code. It's been like this a few days so I was hoping it might just be a one time hiccup but it seems to be a consistent problem as I've tried each day to no email...
Just disable the two step verification and free yourself from the hassle.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Just disable the two step verification and free yourself from the hassle.
How? Unless I'm missing it, there's nothing in preferences and to my knowledge, two step is to stop bots from taking over accounts so it's not our choice to have it on.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
For some reason, it won't let me login Escapists forum from my laptop. I keep requesting the verification code, but it never goes to my email account by desktop. I have no idea why it's doing this now.

I tried using different internet apps on my desktop and the same problem keeps happening. Does anybody know what's going on?

Last edited: