Beta Feedback Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Any ideas? Same thing is still happening no matter what I do. And I checked my spam folder as well. I still don't get the verification code on my desktop I try to log into the website. The only reason why I'm able to communicate, is because I'm still logged in on the mobile version. I do not know how long it's going to last. Probably for a few days in January at best.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Switch to an authenticator app on your phone.

No need to be reliant on a mail service. You just open the app, copy the code and done.

Or turn two step off.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
For some reason, it won't let me login Escapists forum from my laptop. I keep requesting the verification code, but it never goes to my email account by desktop. I have no idea why it's doing this now.

I tried using different internet apps on my desktop and the same problem keeps happening. Does anybody know what's going on?
I had the same issue with my PC (and presumably would have it on my phone had the 30 day period passed).

Ultimately I just had to turn it off because it would never send me the emails. Not much else I could do about it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I had the same issue with my PC (and presumably would have it on my phone had the 30 day period passed).

Ultimately I just had to turn it off because it would never send me the emails. Not much else I could do about it.
How I turn it off?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Never mind, I was able to do it through my phone. Thank you both for all the help. I just typed this on my laptop. For some reason my email verification was disabled.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
*DEEP GASPS*
Oh my god finally the verification e-mail sent, I'm back in business! (Seriously though, what happened there?)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
*DEEP GASPS*
Oh my god finally the verification e-mail sent, I'm back in business! (Seriously though, what happened there?)
I really wish we could get rid of the constant need to verify email.

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Well that was a crazy week of not being able to use this site. Because of no two-step emails being sent to me on any device I couldn't log into my account or even make a new one to ask for help. Then all of a sudden today it just worked.

Glad to know now I can disable it!

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Because of no two-step emails being sent to me on any device I couldn't log into my account or even make a new one to ask for help.
That's the main issue I had. I looked on this thread as a guest and kept seeing "Just log in and turn it off" and I'm sitting there thinking "I CAN'T LOG ON, GUYS"

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The person in charge of site security is probably groaning reading this thread.

Note: I too have disabled 2FA

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Oh yeah, although I really wish I could keep on 2FA without needing to verify every month.
Then switch from verification email to an authenticator app on your phone.

No need to be reliant on a shoddy email service ( and by this I mean the Escapist's ). You just open the app, copy the code over and you're done.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Then switch from verification email to an authenticator app on your phone.

No need to be reliant on a shoddy email service ( and by this I mean the Escapist's ). You just open the app, copy the code over and you're done.
I already have too many of those damn things on my phone.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I already have too many of those damn things on my phone.
The Escapist doesn't have its own dedicated authorisation app.

You add your account's code to an existing authorisation app and that generates the codes for you. In my case, I use Google's Authenticator app which generates authentication codes for my Escapist account and several others.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
As a note on this, the 2FA has been turned off because of some tech errors with emails being sent out from the forums. Took a while to figure out because people were on vacation. Should be solved for now.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier