Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You specifically demanded citations of it happening at all. You were then provided with sources. You then failed to read the sources.
Yes the obvious thing would be clear deliberate killing for the sake of eating the person as a delicacy............

You ask why I don't admit when I screw up? This is fucking why. You now want me to confess to more and more and can't accept that you could have screwed up yourself. You will not let go of that screw up while you'll spent post after post now trying to deflect from yours throwing claim after claim and pulling whatever sophistry you can.

Makes sense. The goal is to get kids to learn stuff, not sort them into a cast system
1) That assumes they want to learn. I've been support for a set 6 class. I had an easier time when I taught youth offenders Archery at one point than I and a veteran teacher and a veteran learning support had getting set 6 to learn what an atom is.

2) It makes it hell for teachers. "Oh don't sort kids into a cast system" so you just have teachers doing it in classes. Hell part of one of the teaching qualification assessment course criteria is differentiation of work. So even within a set you're meant to create easy medium and hard versions of the same tasks for the higher middle and lower ends within a set. I taught 2 mixed set classes as a trainee, one was fine as it was PHSE and had set work topics and work booklets with sample lesson ideas to borrow from and last thing on a friday it was an easy lesson as such. The Science class I taught was tough as it varied from people who got 90%+ on the assessment tests to a person who got 0% on the test and miss spelled their name and my name (which was quite impressive as it's 4 letter not including Mr and I'd written it on the Whiteboard)

But it's giving people with lower grades more chances to succeed, who will people with good grades feel superior to then?
From experience in such systems, no it won't. They'll just get no result or have to keep repeating until they get the higher grade which will cause them to fall further and further behind.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Here's one for Woke World

Anti-vaxxers led by Piers Corbyn (brother of the former Labour Leader) attack Covid testing site .

The group based on other media out there believe the pandemic is a scam orchestrated by Boris Johnson to enact Nazi style restrictions on the populous and create a Nazi style state system to suppress peoples rights.

Oh and he also barged into a Pantomime

(Obligatory "Oh No he didn't, Oh yes he did" )

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I dunno, if it were an Aussie uni it'd probably have the best selling merch.
Well, I'm currently getting ads from Clive Palmer talking about 'how about we do something for the people of Australia' which leads straight into coal mining

It's just not as fun as CU in the NT ads. Where did those guys go?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yes the obvious thing would be clear deliberate killing for the sake of eating the person as a delicacy............

You ask why I don't admit when I screw up? This is fucking why. You now want me to confess to more and more and can't accept that you could have screwed up yourself. You will not let go of that screw up while you'll spent post after post now trying to deflect from yours throwing claim after claim and pulling whatever sophistry you can.
You simply asked for proof of it happening at all.

I said cannibalism happened. Not "as a delicacy". I quite simply said it happened. You then asked for proof.

Then you were provided proof, and didn't read it.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Pro-Plaguers are "woke" according to Dwarvenhobble.

Well, I guess they sure think of themselves as "woke" to something.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You simply asked for proof of it happening at all.

I said cannibalism happened. Not "as a delicacy". I quite simply said it happened. You then asked for proof.

Then you were provided proof, and didn't read it.
Which would be happening at all in the context of being eaten specifically as some kind of delicacy............

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Pro-Plaguers are "woke" according to Dwarvenhobble.

Well, I guess they sure think of themselves as "woke" to something.
Yes there is now a woke pro plague movement who believe it's all a plot by Boris Johnson to deceive the public and create the 4th reich with most of the deaths being due to lockdowns to due to "fake" vaccines.

Hate to break it to you but the madness has very much made it to both sides.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Well, I'm currently getting ads from Clive Palmer talking about 'how about we do something for the people of Australia' which leads straight into coal mining
Well of course the answer is coal mining according to a man-toad who owns coal mines.

It's just not as fun as CU in the NT ads. Where did those guys go?
No idea. Best prank in ages that was.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Which would be happening at all in the context of being eaten specifically as some kind of delicacy............
Yes, and could also happen without that added context.

I said it happened (no "delicacy" added context). You demanded sources in direct reply to that (no "delicacy" added context).

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I can't speak for the US but to be fair over here the anti-vaxx movement is actually filled with either far right activists or those stereotypical green hippies. You know, the pro "homeopathy" and "detox teas" kind of people. It's a weird mix.
If there is one thing that certain elements of both left and right, it is suspicion of the elites and government. Thus anti-vaxx sentiment would be a likely unifying principle.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes, and could also happen without that added context.

I said it happened (no "delicacy" added context). You demanded sources in direct reply to that (no "delicacy" added context).
And extreme case rare one of instances of it potentially happening doesn't prove it's any kind of trend.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And extreme case rare one of instances of it potentially happening doesn't prove it's any kind of trend.
OK. I don't really give a shit, since I didn't say that.

BTW, next time you ask for a citation of something, I hope we don't have to go through the same rigmarole: several pages of failure to read it/ insistence it doesn't say what it says/ shifted goalposts to pretend you asked for a source about something else altogether/ endless denial. I'd like to just be able to provide a source and that be that. This is just tiring.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I can't speak for the US but to be fair over here the anti-vaxx movement is actually filled with either far right activists or those stereotypical green hippies. You know, the pro "homeopathy" and "detox teas" kind of people. It's a weird mix.
It might be better to see them as anti-authoritarian. But then, I would probably guess that quite a few would be pro-Duterte lethally targeting drug user

Authoritianism is based on issues, not generally overall. Eg. Anti-masking legislators making anti-mask mandatory or Nazi having gun laws for jews but 'proper' Germans were able to get then freely

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
OK. I don't really give a shit, since I didn't say that.

BTW, next time you ask for a citation of something, I hope we don't have to go through the same rigmarole: several pages of failure to read it/ insistence it doesn't say what it says/ shifted goalposts to pretend you asked for a source about something else altogether/ endless denial. I'd like to just be able to provide a source and that be that. This is just tiring.
Yes because maybe next time you'll realise the context of the request and we won't have to do the "These sources totally support the claims" when it' taken me this long to point out where the goal posts were and you to actually accept where they were and stop claiming the fact you kicked sideways into the stand shouldn't count as a goal in the actual argument.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Time for some Woke World stuff.

Biden on disease:

Good to know the president totally gets this whole disease spreading stuff as he coughs into his hand then proceeds to shake the hands of others in the audience.

Don't worry though Biden has a plan to fight covid-19

Remember Trump has no plan

So what is the plan?

Have states solve surges themselves and there is no federal plan for a solution

The same plan Trump had

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Now for an AOC classic:

How it started:

The twist

This was something that had been in the news before

Oh but the backfire gets worse

You see AOC was in Florida at the time for a break wen she tweeted that

Oh and this is while cases are soaring in New York

So yeh AOC decided it would be a good idea to criticise the governor of Florida for as she saw it not being at his post for 10 days but she herself was actually on a get away break to Florida at the time and away from her ward in New York anyway