TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Vaccines and food aren't the same.
You're right. I should have sent my singular covid booster shot overseas
Nope, none of the cost-benefit analyses had to do with money at all. Where's JUST ONE analysis that shows lockdowns are more beneficial?
"Theoretical lifetime money accumulation leading to a lower life expectancy" was the sole thesis of at least one study you linked earlier.
Montana's lockdown worked great...until people who didn't lockdown started showing up

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
How long virus particles are found in covid patients have nothing to do with how long the patient is contagious.
Read more carefully: Live virus particles. And live virus particles are very much relevant to how infectious you might be.

If doing all these tests are "controlling" the spread, why is the spread even more than before?
:rolleyes:

If you put the slightest amount of brainpower into thinking about this, you could come up with half a dozen potential reasons yourself. That's the problem with being too wedded to dogma: you stop thinking.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
What countries that border China have as good reporting as most western nations?
Countries in the area may have generally poorer reporting than (most, not all) western nations (due to older legacy infrastructure or less wealth as a nation), but some also seem to be pretty reliable. Certainly none others in the area are as unreliable as China.

Vietnam's statistics are not likely to be far wrong. They had a successful early response program; a lot of active and usable assets left over from SARS; and independent agencies are allowed in to verify.

Where's JUST ONE analysis that shows lockdowns are more beneficial?
You. Have. Already. Been. Provided. Them. Multiple. Times.

You. Ignore. Them.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You. Have. Already. Been. Provided. Them. Multiple. Times.

You. Ignore. Them.
Yes, but he doesn't care about cost-benefit analyses for lives. He cares about cost-benefit analyses for money.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

When beloved American actor and comedian Betty White died at the age of 99 on Dec. 31, 2021, no specific cause of death was immediately made public, though police said she appeared to have died from natural causes.

With the COVID-19 pandemic still a major public health concern, social media rumor-mongers were quick to invent a specific cause of death out of whole cloth: White, they claimed, died just three days after supposedly receiving a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot on Dec. 28.

Upon what evidence was this claim based? Only a fabricated quote — something there’s no record of White actually saying — attributed to a Dec. 28 media interview in which the supposed quote does not actually appear.
Another thing that pisses me off about the conspiracy community is this shit, they will exploit literally every public death exactly like this every goddamn time. Every tragedy, accident, passing, unhinged RW terrorist attack...not a single one can be allowed to just be, and the ppl doing it know they're fucking lying, but it pays because that's the toxic annihilatic system we continue to uphold for the precious few offshore accounts of the obscenely wealthy. This will only get worse, as long as the financial rewards are there and ppl remain either desperate or greedy for them, it will get worse.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yes, but he doesn't care about cost-benefit analyses for lives. He cares about cost-benefit analyses for money.
I'm going to say this again, because it bears repeating. What he keeps suggesting is quickly destroying the economy, not saving it. So its not even about the money

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

We opened up on December 11. There are currently 3 kids in my class home sick with Covid. It took less than a month.
I don't think the pandemic has actually been worse thus far than it is now (in the United States)

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Thank you republican legislators in the Ohio state house.

/s

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I don't think the pandemic has actually been worse thus far than it is now (in the United States)
I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if this leads to many death. But the amount of cases this month is going to exceed what we had for the rest of the pandemic. It might already be there on day 5

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I have in-person classes to go to on January 10th. They aren't even doing a 2-week virtual learning period.

On one hand, I am boosted, will wear a face mask, and OSU the college I go to is 92.5% vaccinated. On the other hand, most people haven't taken the booster, immune-compromised people will attend our college, and Covid-19 is currently surging in my state of Ohio.

FML.

Reactions: Silvanus

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Just checked the numbers. We had 2.5K casee in my state til Dec last year. 10K today. Not many in ICU though, just over 10

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Had to get tested again as Wednesdays have become "Try to get Tippy infected with Covid" days I guess. Anecdotal obviously but the first time I went (two weeks ago), zero wait. The second time I went (last week), about a five minute wait. Today I went in and it was about a 35 minute wait.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Had to get tested again as Wednesdays have become "Try to get Tippy infected with Covid" days I guess. Anecdotal obviously but the first time I went (two weeks ago), zero wait. The second time I went (last week), about a five minute wait. Today I went in and it was about a 35 minute wait.
It's just a plot to waste your time. For nefarious purposes.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It's just a plot to waste your time. For nefarious purposes.
They need to keep you in one place long enough to get the microchips in the air to plant themselves into your brain so that you start eating soy and turn into hippies who won't fight back when The Chinese invade. I knew it!