Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I hope a lot of people are feeling really stupid now. You know, like Troy Baker, Tara Strong, Reese Witherspoon, Quentin Tarantino, and every other boob that got involved in this shit.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I hope a lot of people are feeling really stupid now. You know, like Troy Baker, Tara Strong, Reese Witherspoon, Quentin Tarantino, and every other boob that got involved in this shit.

Kinda surprised by Tarantino. He apparently despises technology; or at least when it comes to his movies. Wrote all his scripts by hand, hates digital film, etc. I guess he jumped on the bandwagon in the worst way possible here.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If there is one thing that NFTs really demonstrated, its the success of marketing. Although, I suppose crypto in general did that first, so NFTs aren't even original in selling someone nothing for something.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It is rather wholesome to see them so unanimously rejected by society, unlike most other grifts. But it also interestingly revealed the difference in realities that the "investor/CEO" class lives in compared to the average human trapped in the thrall of (late stage) capitalism: they see an opportunity of vast - theoretically limitless - free monies by jumping on a bandwagon of commodifying something already established as essentially resource free and infinitely reproducible, they see it and they cannot control their thirst for it...all logical thought is thrown out, any criticism and drop in reputation is worth taking the hit for, cause that kind of profit can shield you from anything surely. And the environment? Fuck the environment! We don't need the environment as much as we need them big fat juicy paydays! Succulent quarterlies oh those pumped up glistening quarterlies. Take heed as we barrel headfirst towards our own annihilation with gleeful abandon! GERONIMOOOOOOOOOO!

Uh, crap, were was I going with that? Ah yes, different worlds. Them. They. Their brains have terraformed into tunnel vision towards a goal which cannot or will not see the outside repercussions the rest of the world has to shoulder. And the only thing we can do, the only recourse we have left to save ourselves, our future generations and my exceedingly cute Kittie is to, kinda just...

...shh, come a little closer so they don't hear...

*ahem*

...(eat them).