Brawlers

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If you like gory brawlers, of which there aren't enough, then check this out.

Someone modded in Ash... at least I think hes modded in, can't imagine he was just there.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If you like gory brawlers, of which there aren't enough, then check this out.

Someone modded in Ash... at least I think hes modded in, can't imagine he was just there.
I know about this one, but I didn't play it. That version of Ash they ported from MUGEN. I am still waiting on that remake they're doing. Until then, I'll keep playing the original arcade game on my Switch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am surprised Arc System Tecnhos did not sue for the name alone. It looks interesting, but the asking price is high for such a game: $11.99. It's got some cool move sets, but makes the same mistakes that were the results of limitations on the Game Boy. Only two enemies at a time. Why would you progam the game like that? At least have 3 or 4 enemies at minimum.

I'll wait for a sale at $6.99 and we will talk. Pixel Game Make has many games on eShop of different genres. They got a Mario Land clone with a cat girl, and a couple of SHMUPs, and other things. They're at similar prices too.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Preorders are open for Go Straight: The Ultimate Guide to Side-Scrolling Beat-'em-Ups

You should check this out @BrawlMan

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Preorders are open for Go Straight: The Ultimate Guide to Side-Scrolling Beat-'em-Ups

You should check this out @BrawlMan
Thank you. I remember you recommending this to me back during the summer of 2021. Thanks again.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Thank you. I remember you recommending this to me back during the summer of 2021. Thanks again.
The book just arrived for me, its really cool and has more info then I was expecting on certain games, but it covers pretty much every single brawler.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia

I live in Malaysia, so we have whacky pirated products and whatnot back in the day and it was kinda just 'normal'. I bought a cheap hundreds of games in 1 mame emulator disc as a kid. This game for whatever reason stood out to me. Ninja Kids.

I had heaps of fun playing it with my brother and friends, and I liked how that the bomb would change depending on how many you had. Getting more bombs didn't stack the bomb to provide more uses, it just increased its power and also the effects and name of it would change. I spent some time just collecting bombs with all the characters just to watch all the different bomb attacks.

The last time I played any beat'em ups was probably something like Castle Crashers. I used to netplay a bunch of random stuff using zsnes with a friend too.

Dragon's Crown is one of those things I wish had a PC port.

Reactions: Worgen and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Getting more bombs didn't stack the bomb to provide more uses, it just increased its power and also the effects and name of it would change. I spent some time just collecting bombs with all the characters just to watch all the different bomb attacks.
And that my friends is a gameplay element from Golden Axe. Which Ninja Kids is, and the old TMNT arcade. I vaguely remember playing the game once or twice at an old arcade in Detroit around my old neighborhood. I got the Taito Collection Vol. 1. It has the game. You ever played Irem's Ninja Baseball Batman by any chance?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Don't forget about the Bundle, if you have not purchased it already.

Reactions: Kae

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Don't forget about the Bundle, if you have not purchased it already.

I didn't know about this, Knights of the Round is one of my favourite Beat Em Ups along with the D&D ones, remember having a lot of fun emulating those with my friends as a kid, the Mecha one also looks pretty cool, I have a feeling I need to buy multiple copies of this for 3 Player Knights of the Round.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I didn't know about this, Knights of the Round is one of my favourite Beat Em Ups along with the D&D ones, remember having a lot of fun emulating those with my friends as a kid, the Mecha one also looks pretty cool, I have a feeling I need to buy multiple copies of this for 3 Player Knights of the Round.
If you get it on steam you can do remote play together.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
And that my friends is a gameplay element from Golden Axe. Which Ninja Kids is, and the old TMNT arcade. I vaguely remember playing the game once or twice at an old arcade in Detroit around my old neighborhood. I got the Taito Collection Vol. 1. It has the game. You ever played Irem's Ninja Baseball Batman by any chance?
I remember someone having Golden Axe on some super ancient PC when I was super young, but I don't remember any specifics. I never tried Ninja Baseball Batman but it does look pretty interesting. It has a pretty sweet art style going for its sprites.