Colorado signs law allowing abortion at ANY POINT in PREGNANCY

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

You can see how left leaning NPR is using the dumbest term ever "pregnant people".

---

This law allows a woman to get an abortion literally the minute before she would give birth, which is pretty damn ridiculous. Take a peek at progressive European countries and they don't allow this.

Every single (R) law that usually does like nothing (like the Florida Parental Rights law) gets tons of outrage how it's like the worst thing ever. Let's see if this (D) law that is completely ridiculous gets the same kinda outrage.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Good. Nobody getting an abortion that late is doing it on a lark and adding an administrative hurdle at that point does more harm than good.

Side note: absolutely hilarious how people championing the rights of women (/sarcasm) steadfastly refuse to call women people.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Probably a reaction to the Colorado GOP's continued attempts to ban/criminalize abortion in almost all cases, the latest of which was only a couple months ago.
Also, the law doesn't allow abortion at any point. Colorado already had no term limit before the bill. What it does is ensure no public entity can take away or deny that right.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This law allows a woman to get an abortion literally the minute before she would give birth, which is pretty damn ridiculous.
That would probably be ridiculous, as in that case they would induce labour NOT perform an abortion. And as has been noted, no one who wants an abortion is going to wait for 7 months to get one just for yucks. I know conservatives have this weird brain thing going where they think 'If abortions are legal women will just get pregnant just to have them', not knowing these are very invasive procedures that nobody gets willy nilly.

Also, we talk about pregnant dogs, cats, and various other animals all the time, sooooo yeah, 'pregnant people' really isn't that abnormal a term once you think for a few seconds and realize 'by jove, women are people'. Get over it.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Also, the law doesn't allow abortion at any point. Colorado already had no term limit before the bill. What it does is ensure no public entity can take away or deny that right.
Pffbt- whaaaaaaat? People reading the sources they're complaining about, thus allowing them to make more accurate arguments? That's silly. You're silly!

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
That would probably be ridiculous, as in that case they would induce labour NOT perform an abortion. And as has been noted, no one who wants an abortion is going to wait for 7 months to get one just for yucks. I know conservatives have this weird brain thing going where they think 'If abortions are legal women will just get pregnant just to have them', not knowing these are very invasive procedures that nobody gets willy nilly.

Also, we talk about pregnant dogs, cats, and various other animals all the time, sooooo yeah, 'pregnant people' really isn't that abnormal a term once you think for a few seconds and realize 'by jove, women are people'. Get over it.
I posted just to point out the hypocrisy over R bills/laws not doing similar things like the Florida Parental Rights law or the CRT laws. Nobody here seems to post D laws that are actually bad because that's their "team".

The term pregnant people is all about the culture war. I didn't realize calling women women was not calling them people... nor has there ever been a pregnant person that wasn't a woman.

Reactions: Ravinoff

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
EDIT:
I posted just to point out the hypocrisy over R bills/laws not doing similar things like the Florida Parental Rights law or the CRT laws. Nobody here seems to post D laws that are actually bad because that's their "team".
I mean, it's also not a bad law, so...

The term pregnant people is all about the culture war. I didn't realize calling women women was not calling them people... nor has there ever been a pregnant person that wasn't a woman.
There is actually a very huge and important subset of pregnant people who are not women. I'ma give you a chance to guess who that is.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
What is actually bad about it? Also, the democrates aren't my team.

Yet here you unironically call a woman a 'pregnant person'. So looks like just for an instant you got over it and understood the fluidity of language.

Also, at one point in time the word 'woman' and verbal language as a whole didn't exist and humans were still getting pregnant.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What is actually bad about it? Also, the democrates aren't my team.

Yet here you unironically call a woman a 'pregnant person'. So looks like just for an instant you got over it and understood the fluidity of language.

Also, at one point in time the word 'woman' and verbal language as a whole didn't exist and humans were still getting pregnant.
As usual, the arms chair "medical expert" does not know anything.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I didn't know some of this shit ran this deep for some people here, but I guess that's the world we live in now.

*sigh*
I'm surprised you didn't notice sooner. Phoenix has been spouting the whole, "masks don't do anything"/anti-mask rhetoric since the very start of the pandemic. I choose not to talk to a man that lacks so much empathy and spreads hurtful (lack of) knowledge on all of humanity. Yet it is more than happy to support jackasses who don't give a rip about anyone, but themselves.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

Okay, so you don't believe trans men are men and you don't respect gender identity. Can you stop pretending you do in the trans athletes thread now?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Also to paraphrase the OP from multiple threads, you could just choose not to be bothered by it y'know.
Seriously

This is one of those "culture war" big huge blow ups that just bounces off anybody who isn't mired in culture war shit. You say like "yeah, hospital says <x> should help out pregnant people" in casual conversation, 99.9% of the time people wouldn't notice or care

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Seriously

This is one of those "culture war" big huge blow ups that just bounces off anybody who isn't mired in culture war shit. You say like "yeah, hospital says <x> should help out pregnant people" in casual conversation, 99.9% of the time people wouldn't notice or care
I'm just sick of this fucking nonsense where "it's only words" whenever some ding-dong doesn't care about a minority group being the victim of bigotry but when it's anything that goes against the status quo then suddenly it's not just language and it's actually something much more insidious. It's so goddamned transparent I don't know why they bother pretending they aren't just bigoted because literally everyone can see it for what it is. The people who care about the minority group in question know what's happening and those that don't can hear the dog whistle loud and clear.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I'm just sick of this fucking nonsense where "it's only words" whenever some ding-dong doesn't care about a minority group being the victim of bigotry but when it's anything that goes against the status quo then suddenly it's not just language and it's actually something much more insidious. It's so goddamned transparent I don't know why they bother pretending they aren't just bigoted because literally everyone can see it for what it is. The people who care about the minority group in question know what's happening and those that don't can hear the dog whistle loud and clear.
That implies there's some actually sensible thought going into this bigoted way of thinking besides "This thing I don't like is bad and everyone should suffer for it" despite it being none of their fucking business. This world would be better with a lot less opinionated people forcing their beliefs onto others they have no reason to be involved with. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but when their opinion compels them to act and "make things right" when their definition of "right" is correct only to them... then that is where the line is crossed

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

You can see how left leaning NPR is using the dumbest term ever "pregnant people".
There are people who are not women who can be pregnant. You're literally just objecting to accuracy.

This law allows a woman to get an abortion literally the minute before she would give birth,
Good!