General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
RE4 looks like one of the most pointless remakes ever. Pause/stop all Resident Evil development for Dino Crisis.
Idk, as much as i appreciate the game for become such a cultural icon, i also think the gameplay is horribly outdated. Tank controls, Insta-death QTE, “Leon!”, etc.

If the remake sucks, the original will always be there for us

Reactions: BrawlMan

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Mod it in from WHAT? Have the modders decoded the PS4 game?
They can just make their own, not that anyone will bother, they'll be too busy nude modding Ashley, but technically it could be done.

On another note:Shows us sweet FA about the game and I don't even like the trailer, but might be worth a go. I heard their previous effort Pathfinder wasn't that ace though

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Well, given how people have been going crazy with GOW port, I don't see why they wouldn't mod Spiderman
Have they modded any foreign heads into God of War that animate according to the game's facial animations? We've seen how inaccurate faces built from scratch by modders are. They usually don't even animate. Maybe they can give the characters foreheads. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Have they modded any foreign heads into God of War that animate according to the game's facial animations? We've seen how inaccurate faces built from scratch by modders are. They usually don't even animate. Maybe they can give the characters foreheads. ;)
True, but let's also remember that the game was originally released with the other face. I'm sure someone would datamine the crap out of the game to find the original face somewhere

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Face scans. It's all they know now. Nothing unique to the medium, ever.

I fully expect them to remove the cheese for a serious, dark tone.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Spider-Man is coming to PC boys!
Neato. Now comes the exciting part for us pc gamers: will the port be good, or crap. Results have been pretty mixed so far.

Cat game plz 👀
KITTY! Was kinda wondering when this would surface again. Looks cute, but I'll need to see a little more gameplay first. Cuz If I'm gonna cat, I wanna cat, including all benefits and limitations that entails, and having to work with and around that framework. This looks like it'll probably be standard 3rd person action adventure, but your player character is smaller.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't hate RE2 Remake Leon, he works well enough within that story, but the same character taking the place of RE4 Leon..? From the looks of it this remake won't rely much on the (big) cheese, so it would need to go hard on actual good storytelling and characterisation, which with Capcom's history... Yeah, unsure.

I mean, I had very little hope for RE2 Remake when that got announced, and it turned out super fucking good, so who knows. Let's hope they give this remake its due and not treat it like the remake of RE3.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
From the looks of it this remake won't rely much on the (big) cheese, so it would need to go hard on actual good storytelling and characterisation, which with Capcom's history... Yeah, unsure.
I like how they did Leon and Claire in RE2Remake. It worked and fit for that game. I bet Capcom can pull off a more serious direction for RE4Remake. I look forward to it. I don't dislike big cheese Leon, but it sucks they never got Paul Haddad back afterward. Rest in Peace you wonderful man. You are always the best Leon to me. His new voice actor, Nick Apostolides, from 2Remake did great and sounds like he is giving his all in this performance. Honestly, Capcom has gotten better with their stories. Or at the very least, play to their strengths.

I mean, I had very little hope for RE2 Remake when that got announced, and it turned out super fucking good, so who knows.
I had high hopes the moment the first trailer dropped in E3 2018. Matched my expectations.

Let's hope they give this remake its due and not treat it like the remake of RE3.
I agree to an extent, but I feel certain people on the Internet go on the hatred too hard.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Fyi, Sega just announced a Mega Drive Mini 2. Will have 50 games, including Sega CD games, arcade ports, unreleased games and "a mysterious new work". No details for pricing or whether it'll have an international release tho.

Games revealed so far:
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Magical Tarurūto-kun
  • Mansion of Hidden Souls
  • Popful Mail
  • Shining Force CD
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Silpheed
  • Sonic CD
  • Thunder Force IV
  • Virtua Racing
  • Fantasy Zone
You can watch the stream here if you want, but it's Japanese only with no subs

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fyi, Sega just announced a Mega Drive Mini 2. Will have 50 games, including Sega CD games, arcade ports, unreleased games and "a mysterious new work". No details for pricing or whether it'll have an international release tho.

Games revealed so far:
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Magical Tarurūto-kun
  • Mansion of Hidden Souls
  • Popful Mail
  • Shining Force CD
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Silpheed
  • Sonic CD
  • Thunder Force IV
  • Virtua Racing
  • Fantasy Zone
You can watch the stream here if you want, but it's Japanese only with no subs
I hope Final Fight CD can get on the list. If this gets an international release, and Sega does the same thing where you play different versions of each game from different regions that will be even better. With their first Genesis/MD mini, you can play american, european, or Japanese versions of each game.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
I don't hate RE2 Remake Leon, he works well enough within that story, but the same character taking the place of RE4 Leon..? From the looks of it this remake won't rely much on the (big) cheese, so it would need to go hard on actual good storytelling and characterisation, which with Capcom's history... Yeah, unsure.

I mean, I had very little hope for RE2 Remake when that got announced, and it turned out super fucking good, so who knows. Let's hope they give this remake its due and not treat it like the remake of RE3.
I dunno. The promotional material back in the day for resi 4 was all serious dark, and didn't show any hint of the dumb stuff. Same as most of their promotional material, come to think of it. Which is why am still not convinced any of their games' 'camp' moments are actually self-aware/intentional.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I hope Final Fight CD can get on the list. If this gets an international release, and Sega does the same thing where you play different versions of each game from different regions that will be even better. With their first Genesis/MD mini, you can play american, european, or Japanese versions of each game.
We'll have to find out later. No word yet. There's another stream on the 24th, then one in July and 2 more in August.

Not sure whether they'll do the regional versions this time. MD games, even the biggest ones, are only like 4mb a pop. Mega CD isos are quite a bit bigger at a 550mb max (tho most are around 350-400mb). Might be too expensive in terms of required storage to include all 3 regional versions.