General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Negative Atmosphere - The other spiritual successor to Dead Space made by former developers from Visceral Games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Negative Atmosphere - The other spiritual successor to Dead Space made by former developers from Visceral Games.

I'm still annoyed that they ended Dead Space 3 w/ a true ending dlc, with a cliffhanger no less, and Dead Space 4 never happened. I mean I'm not sure if it was gonna be any good, but at least there would've been a closure. I hate when a game series do that. Half-life 2, COD: Ghosts, Mega Man Legends, etc.

This game looks great, btw

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hate when a game series do that. Half-life 2, COD: Ghosts, Mega Man Legends, etc.
Dead to Rights, Viewtiful Joe 2, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Bloody Roar 4, DmC (2013), Dante's Inferno, etc.

I'm still annoyed that they ended Dead Space 3 w/ a true ending dlc, with a cliffhanger no less, and Dead Space 4 never happened.
I pretend the series ends at Dead Space 2, and that little after credits conversation never happens.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Face scans. It's all they know now. Nothing unique to the medium, ever.

Wondered if Capcom scanned them in the early 2000s before I posted this, but didn't find anything with a search yesterday. Turns out they did. Seems the tech at the time was still rudimentary enough to allow SOME interpretation, for a face that didn't exist in real life.

Photorealism makes it a little more boring, in my opinion.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Feel like they chose more boringly by selecting a cuter girl. It's Ella Freya.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ashley looks great to me. I have no issues, and couldn't have pick better myself. She does not look too different from Ashley's original design. My problems with the RE Engine are less the photorealism, and more so the damn thing is too powerful for its own good depending on the system. I am mainly referring to the PS4. The engine melts the system, and even the PS4 Pro is not safe. Don't matter if you're playing the physical version or digital.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Now a player from China is getting in on the act

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Just barely avoiding triggering the copyright police with that title.

I'm shocked we haven't see a psychological horror series called "Quiet Mountain" or a sneaky series called "Wooden Cog".

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Just barely avoiding triggering the copyright police with that title.

I'm shocked we haven't see a psychological horror series called "Quiet Mountain" or a sneaky series called "Wooden Cog".
Another official example would be Evil Within. Both games in the franchise even use a similar font for the Resident Evil series. Mainly the PS1 trilogy. The second game especially is just chock full of small RE references. You'd mainly notice, if you're a hardcore RE fan. But if you're a casual fan or a non fan, you wouldn't notice, nor would it get in the way of the game.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Another official example would be Evil Within. Both games in the franchise even use a similar font for the Resident Evil series. Mainly the PS1 trilogy. The second game especially is just chock full of small RE references. You old mainly notice if you're a hardcore RE fan. But if you're a casual fan or a non fan, you wouldn't notice, nor would it get in the way of the game.
Isn't Shinji Mikami(?) one of the Resident Evil Alumni who then went to make the Evil Within Series? I have familiarity with the series but not nearly as much as the fans do for sure.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Isn't Shinji Mikami(?) one of the Resident Evil Alumni who then went to make the Evil Within Series? I have familiarity with the series but not nearly as much as the fans do for sure.
He only directed the first game. The second game he willing stepped down and only acted as producer and an advisory role. Nearly everything else you see in the second game came from the new staff and new lead director. They did use an abandoned monster design from the first game and put it into the second game.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Though I agree, they need to remake Dino Crisis in RE Engine. I like the idea of Exoprimal want to play that too, but DC needs a big comeback. Jurassic Park is the spotlight again, and Capcom should've jumped in right there like they did 20 years ago.
Hope they'd stay true to Regina's original character design when they update to the more realistic graphics/art, but trends make me 95 percent sure she'd wear slim pants and a tank top. Do wonder if Ashley will wear a skirt, after RE2 and 3 replaced the outfits with slim pants and tank tops. I'm almost expecting pants or medium length shorts.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm almost expecting pants or medium length shorts.
Looks like shorts or a skirt. It's hard to tell from the lighting, but I do not care. There will probably be classic costume pack as an unlockable or DLC. Or fans will mod it in. I have it time stamped.

Hope they'd stay true to Regina's original character design when they update to the more realistic graphics/art,
Funny enough, Exoprimal has a character that looks almost exactly like Regina, except this unknown character sounds Russian/Ukrainian.

Time stamped between 0:58-1:10.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I'm with fans on this one.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
sonic franchise as their own with years of cringy DeviantArt content, so.....
Not all fans.

The hatred and bad reputation for Sonic fans on DeviantArt is overblown. Their plenty of fanatic assholes on the site that are of the non-Sonic variety.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Looks like shorts or a skirt. It's hard to tell from the lighting, but I do not care. There will probably be classic costume pack as an unlockable or DLC. Or fans will mod it in. I have it time stamped.

Funny enough, Exoprimal has a character that looks almost exactly like Regina, except this unknown character sounds Russian/Ukrainian.

Time stamped between 0:58-1:10.

Still disappointed they didn't remake Code Veronica. There's a lot of potential for the settings of the game being put into a modern engine.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still disappointed they didn't remake Code Veronica. There's a lot of potential for the settings of the game being put into a modern engine.
True. The only reason Capcom is skipping CV, because they know 4 will give them the most money. The other reason is that to them and certain RE fans, CV might as well be a footnote in the franchise. Aside the twist of Wesker being alive, and Claire reuniting with Chris. Ironic, because the Los Plagas/Los Illuminados become footnotes in the grand scheme of things and in-universe to the series.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
The indie game that somehow made Kojima fans go all 'qanon' conspiracy crazy over it, well it ain't looking good...

More reports have surfaced suggesting upcoming PS5 game Abandoned is "not actively being worked on" and "there is no game" in development.

The claims come from GameSpot , which alleges it has information directly from a private Discord server through which Hasan Kahraman of Blue Box Game Studios, Abandoned's director, communicates with a handful of selected fans.

In exchange for access to "screenshots, animations, and even a page of the game's script", the members are required to sign a NDA, so some would only speak about the project under strict anonymity. Should any member of the server press Kahraman - who is described as "duplicitous and prone to mood swings" - for clarification or more details, they risk being banned from the small community.

In interviews with "more than half a dozen people who have had close contact with Kahraman since September 2021", GameSpot reports the game is"in disarray" and the director "promises a lot, including paid work for fans, but delivers very little".

"Kahraman used to tell the group he was actively working on Abandoned, but as time went on, he would fail to show much of anything that seemed genuine or compelling, often even missing self-imposed deadlines," the report states. "For instance, after saying he had a reveal planned for a day of the week, that day would come and go without a new development."

The report further alleges that Kahraman has privately admitted that Abandoned is "on hold and he first needs to fund its development with a playable prologue, which our sources indicate he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to create".

The report follows claims a vocalist spent 50-60 hours working on music for Abandoned but has since only received emails from Blue Box acknowledging and apologising for delays.

"It all started August 2021," they said. "(I) don't know how to get help."

Blue Box denies the allegations and said in a statement to PC Gamer : "It is in development, all of this is just out of context resulted by angry fans who did not see the game, the article written by GameSpot is just based on what these angry users speculate. One of them is pretending to be an [sic] business partner.

"The Prologue will be released whenever we are ready. We are not letting speculation force us to 'prove' the game."

Following confusion over the project's future, the director recently opened up about why developer Blue Box deleted various tweets about the game, the status of the game's prologue and his own "heartbreak" about the situation now surrounding the game's release.

Kahraman said the developer had removed older tweets about the game in a bid to keep information surrounding Abandoned up to date. "Basically, the tweets were deleted because some of the concept has changed, and I figured maybe just deleting the tweet and then tweeting more relevant information would be a better idea - which was actually not a good idea," Kahraman said.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not interested in the slightest.

Nice and heartwarming.

New Nintendo Network failure!

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette