Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The indie game that somehow made Kojima fans go all 'qanon' conspiracy crazy over it, well it ain't looking good...

To be honest I'd forgotten this game existed because half the time I don't pay much attention to games until they're close enough to release to either get a release date or some notable trailers/gameplay videos. As much as I dug Elden Ring I really didn't pay much attention to it until they released the 15 minute gameplay demo and the story trailer last year because until then we had pretty much nothing other then a 2 minute cinematic for like a year and a half(the subreddit was apparently going fucking insane due to the fact of updates on the game during that year and a half. It was interesting to watch).

But now I kinda remember this getting some weird fucking conspiracy speculation going on which might honestly might be the most interesting thing about the whole....whatever the hell this is.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The indie game that somehow made Kojima fans go all 'qanon' conspiracy crazy over it, well it ain't looking good...

I won't deny that the devs seemed desperate to forge a link in order to drive hype, but the fans picked that up and ran all the way to Crazytown with it. This is why it's always important to remember that "fan" is short for "fanatic".

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
https://www.siliconera.com/resident-evil-4-remake-will-have-a-reimagined-storyline/

Resident Evil 4 Remake Will Have a Reimagined Storyline

Translation: "Our production values are too high to sustain a game of RE4's length."
i think the budget and detail of the remake made the cheesyelements too over the top. Honestly i expect them to tone down the b-movie vibes and characters of the original story.

I don't think it'll be any shorter tbh, but I do think that all the "fun" cheese will be drastically different.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
https://www.siliconera.com/resident-evil-4-remake-will-have-a-reimagined-storyline/

Translation: "Our production values are too high to sustain a game of RE4's length."
All the Resi remakes have had reimagined storylines though, even REmake1.

And to be fair, RE4 really starts to drag its feet once you get to the island.

Honestly, I would be very interested if they did a take on RE4 that was more classic item/enemy management and less gunning down hordes while riding a mine cart doing loopdee-loops. Maybe this reimagined story can genuinely factor in Leon getting injected with the Plagas parasite, since in the original this whole thing really added zilch.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Oh boo hoo, you. I rather they do something different and change a few things, instead of a 1-to-1 remake. The YoVideoGames crew just talked about this last night. RE4 drags and is the length of 5 Call of Duty Campaigns. It's no secret that I am not a hardcore RE4 fan, and I find less and less reason to play the original version. I welcome the change up.

And to be fair, RE4 really starts to drag its feet once you get to the island.
Exactly!

All the Resi remakes have had reimagined storylines though, even REmake1.
Yep!
Honestly, I would be very interested if they did a take on RE4 that was more classic item/enemy management and less gunning down hordes while riding a mine cart doing loopdee-loops.
I would not mind a balanced in-between. RE8 had multiple enemies coming after you, so I am sure RE4 will still be actionized to a big extent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
They weren't afraid to change the tone, either. REMake1's intro is practically a snuff film compared to the original.
Well the original was also really really bad. There's some intentional cheese in there but most of it isn't.

As for RE4 being changed. Hhm... Well I agree with everyone that the island is a bit much. If they keep the labs and Regenerators but cut out all the macho army stuff aside from Krauser then it will work better. I'd probably rearange the mine stuff to be the last area and also be where the labs are. The mines are where the Las Plagas were rediscovered so having that and the labs where they did their experiments would make both things amplify each other.

So keep most of the game the same with the village area at the start, then the forest as a short stop on the way to the castle but then have them go underground into the mines after the castle and have that be where the labs, Las Plagas research, Krauser and finale are.

Something else though, I'm wondering what they'll do with Merchant.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Grit? More like Grift, am I right?

Once again reminding us just how bad most of our boxart was in the west.
More of an NA thing. Over here in PAL, Japanese games tended more towards having the JP artwork or some variation thereof, tho exceptions abound. Or we got something different from both NA and JP (but generally still ok/good).

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Pretty ballsy of them to label that as an "Official" trailer.

Should've posted the Grit gameplay. Looks like a contender for GOTY.

"It's got a little bit of Fortnite and..."

*silence for 10 seconds as he struggles to remember another popular battle royale game*

"... whatever your favorite battle royale game is"

Ladies and gentlemen you can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

*silence for 10 seconds as he struggles to remember another popular battle royale game*

I don't know, "Waiting for players" feels like it's an accurate representation of what the final product will be like to play.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

More of an NA thing. Over here in PAL, Japanese games tended more towards having the JP artwork or some variation thereof, tho exceptions abound. Or we got something different from both NA and JP (but generally still ok/good).

Well, this game is doomed the last for about a week and a half or two.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Epic actually having some standards for once. You're still fuckers that encourage kids to bully each other to buy for night skins and DLC they don't need! So you ain't getting off the hook with me! How about owning up to yourself for all the other bull crap you've done while you're at it?!

Oh joy...

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette