General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Yeah, I wish space game instead focus on maybe 2-3 solar system and made every planet actually unique rather than 1000s when I know they'll just be ME1 boring wasteland.
And I think that's why I really liked Outer Worlds. Granted, things to do and characters to meet were somewhat boring, but each of them and their own identity with settlements and population already existing there. Almost none of the planets felt barren, and there was no need to spent hours exploring every landscape of the uninhabited planets.

Now that I mentioned it, Starfield does remind me a lot of Outer Worlds as well. My concern now is that the game will take the thing I loved about Outer Worlds, and just copy-paste it for the nth time

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Those Persona games are also coming to modern Playstation consoles as well, thank fucking god. It would be weird that they would ignore their main platform.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

This is the release line up they've posted and looking over the list there is a lot of AA games there and not a lot with definitive release dates. I expect that 2023 side gets a bit bigger before the end of the year.

And what's even sadder is that there are 5 or 6 titles that are just expansions for existing stuff on the 2022 side alone. Another few games are not new releases like Persona 5, Valheim, and Grounded.

Then on the 2023 there are 9 fucking titles that are just ports or additions strictly to the Gamepass.

So really what is the big title for Microsoft out of all of this. I guess Starfield. Everything else is not exclusive or even limited to just Xbox and PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Well, watched the Starfield showcase.

Not enthused. I think really it comes down to the setting. Not really Bethesdas fault but I guess I just don't give a crap about space settings except 40K and I suppose technically Borderlands, and Aliens. Star wars is OK.

Uh huh, so search for the ancient artifacts of power, ally with the who gives a fuck league, fight some other guys I don't care about, some other fuckers...the dominion of Blorkon, insert fantasy/space sounding name here. Probably work much better in the game of course but as a trailer it does nothing for me.

As usual I will wait for modders to make it good. I will be expecting nude mods to be released sometime next week.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

This is the release line up they've posted and looking over the list there is a lot of AA games there and not a lot with definitive release dates. I expect that 2023 side gets a bit bigger before the end of the year.

And what's even sadder is that there are 5 or 6 titles that are just expansions for existing stuff on the 2022 side alone. Another few games are not new releases like Persona 5, Valheim, and Grounded.

Then on the 2023 there are 9 fucking titles that are just ports or additions strictly to the Gamepass.

So really what is the big title for Microsoft out of all of this. I guess Starfield. Everything else is not exclusive or even limited to just Xbox and PC.
So many people subscribe to game pass, even if it's only temporary, that it's what's keeping them afloat at this point. Exclusives almost don't matter to them at this point. ACG and his crew talked about this immediately after the show ended 10 to 15 minutes later.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So many people subscribe to game pass, even if it's only temporary, that it's what's keeping them afloat at this point. Exclusives almost don't matter to them at this point. ACG and his crew talked about this immediately after the show ended 10 to 15 minutes later.
ok let's factor out the need for exclusives. Where are the other big games? Why not show Madden or NBA or whatever on here. Fuck EA but at least show that big shit is coming on the console right? FF16 isn't exclusive to playstation I don't think. So show that on this graphic. Saints Row is out in just another couple months, that's a release date they could have hyped up.

But they aint doing any of that. Today Playstation's new sub service went live and the games list is pretty fucking stacked. With a lot more games than Gamepass has by hundreds. They can't lean on the Gamepass for much longer and at some point are going to eventually have to put out some fucking content.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
ok let's factor out the need for exclusives. Where are the other big games? Why not show Madden or NBA or whatever on here. Fuck EA but at least show that big shit is coming on the console right? FF16 isn't exclusive to playstation I don't think. So show that on this graphic. Saints Row is out in just another couple months, that's a release date they could have hyped up.

But they aint doing any of that. Today Playstation's new sub service went live and the games list is pretty fucking stacked. With a lot more games than Gamepass has by hundreds. They can't lean on the Gamepass for much longer and at some point are going to eventually have to put out some fucking content.
The best part is that they know this. For them it does not matter. Game Pass has a thing where it auto renewals unless you manually turn it off. It's automatically on by default. So let's see if a person only wants it for that one month, 95% of the time, that person forgets and it will auto renew on their credit card or debit card. I agree with you to an extent, but that is what they're aiming for at this point. The exclusives or whatever games are on or almost a means to an end to them. Phil Spencer can only do so much. Microphone is lucky in a direction it's going so far. Because originally, the board of directors at microsoft, wanted out after the reception of the Xbox One at the time. They saw no need to stay in the console race. Deja Vu here. Sega originally wanted the same thing from those at the top. It makes you wonder, why did you guys even enter in the first place. Did you think it would be easy? Did you think it'll all be playing games, with no problem at all? I hate that type of thinking.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It makes you wonder, why did you guys even enter in the first place. Did you think it would be easy? Did you think it'll all be playing games, with no problem at all? I hate that type of thinking.
What's funny about that is that Microsoft was solidly beating the shit out of Sony during the 360/PS3 era. All they had to do was keep riding that wave. But the desire to control their customers to an insane degree buried them so ahrd and so fast that they stilll haven't recovered.

That always online, forced konnect, no used games allowed, Xbone was announced in 2013. Now 10 years later they are still struggling to recover a place in the market. And honestly the only reason the Xbox Series X/S is even alive at this point is because PS5 are so hard to get.

If Sony was able to supply the demand, Microsoft would be FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well thats more or less the general premise of open world survivals dating back into Minecraft (the ones that aren't PvP grief fests anyways).
I get that, and I've largely made my peace with it in general. But at least in Minecraft, if I want to check out a new place, I don't have to build a starship, build a warp drive, mine inoamirite, process it into gofastium, scan the local stars, warp to one, scan the local planets, orbit one, re-scan the planet, and then find a landing spot just so I can see the same terrain with a new coat of paint and the same NPCs wearing different costumes.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Shadows of Rose! An expansion for RE8. Feels like an epilogue to the main game. I wonder what her combat capabilities will be?

Not sure about RE:Verse though.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
We got the release date for RE4 Remake! Can't wait to get my head sliced off by a chainsaw.

I do miss the old Leon's voice, though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Shadows of Rose! An expansion for RE8. Feels like an epilogue to the main game. I wonder what her combat capabilities will be?
RE8 Gold has a 3rd person mode, so I'll get it just for that. It should have been a free update though. Evil Within 2 got a first person mode for free on consoles and PC. For further irony, FPS mode started off as a fan mod, a few weeks after the game launched.

I do miss the old Leon's voice, though.
Paul Hadding will always be the best Leon for me. Sucks they couldn't get him back in OG RE4. May the man rest in peace.

I feel they bitched out with RE4Remake reveal. Other than Leon's face reveal, and 10 seconds of him walking, nothing new was shown.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Usually those drop somewhere between the early 'better hairstyle' and the 'replace X with Thomas the Tank Engine' mods.
It's gamebryo (or whatever the Bethesda engine is called), so they are probably already done. IIRC they had mods ready for leaked copies of fallout 4 before the game was officially released.

Reactions: Brokencontroller

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
It's gamebryo (or whatever the Bethesda engine is called), so they are probably already done. IIRC they had mods ready for leaked copies of fallout 4 before the game was officially released.
The engine is really holding them back and i dont understand why they dont make their own engine or buy into Unreal or something.

Maybe it is the Blizzard mindset of, "you fuckers are going to buy it anyway so why should we put any effort into it?"

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
If you want to know how old the base code of the so-called Creation Engine is... most of the console commands haven't changed since Morrowind (when it was still gamebryo).

Last edited: