General Gaming News.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Very big for someone with a 1.2 TB bandwidth cap. Comcast are crooks.

Update is also on consoles. Heard it adds ray tracing and new 3D audio. RE3 and 7 were also updated.

That they have to write that message at the bottom kind of speaks to the bullshittery of automatic updates. My PC was already struggling. Give me a list of all the updates and let me choose how far to apply. It's not a multiplayer game. There will be no balancing issues caused by letting the player update what they want. They wouldn't even have to host all the old updates themselves; they could do it in a way that allows fans to archive and host the old ones for other fans.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
So I decided to read our old E3 2021 thread (good times, thanks for starting it, @CriticalGaming!), and I realized just how lukewarm this year's pseudo-E3 has been so far compared to last year.

And I'm just not talking about big and noticeable announcements, the general number of trailers and news has been oh so shallow. Maybe it's because of the lack of presenters.

Capcom's showcase was better this year than last, but not by huge margin.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So I decided to read our old E3 2021 thread (good times, thanks for starting it, @CriticalGaming!), and I realized just how lukewarm this year's pseudo-E3 has been so far compared to last year.

And I'm just not talking about big and noticeable announcements, the general number of trailers and news has been oh so shallow. Maybe it's because of the lack of presenters.

Capcom's showcase was better this year than last, but not by huge margin.
I think this is probably the covid delays catching up with us. 2020 released games that were basically done by the time Covid hit. In 2021, and now in 2022, a lot of games that were in early to mid development during covid likely had all that production slowed to a crawl. The best release flood we had early this year was the final spurt of stuff that was near enough to get out through covid.

So in all fairness, I understand why the releases are going to stink for another year or so. Hopefully next years "E3" will be a banger as studios ramp back into full force again.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The engine is really holding them back and i dont understand why they dont make their own engine or buy into Unreal or something.
They stuck with their shitty engine despite owning iD Software... so I think we can assume the reason they've stuck with Gamebryo/Creation is "fuck you, that's why."

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Very big for someone with a 1.2 TB bandwidth cap. Comcast are crooks.

Update is also on consoles. Heard it adds ray tracing and new 3D audio. RE3 and 7 were also updated.

That they have to write that message at the bottom kind of speaks to the bullshittery of automatic updates. My PC was already struggling. Give me a list of all the updates and let me choose how far to apply. It's not a multiplayer game. There will be no balancing issues caused by letting the player update what they want. They wouldn't even have to host all the old updates themselves; they could do it in a way that allows fans to archive and host the old ones for other fans.
I got the update too on both consoles. The XBOX ONE update only took less than a minute, and the PS4 version even less.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

This is the release line up they've posted and looking over the list there is a lot of AA games there and not a lot with definitive release dates. I expect that 2023 side gets a bit bigger before the end of the year.

And what's even sadder is that there are 5 or 6 titles that are just expansions for existing stuff on the 2022 side alone. Another few games are not new releases like Persona 5, Valheim, and Grounded.

Then on the 2023 there are 9 fucking titles that are just ports or additions strictly to the Gamepass.

So really what is the big title for Microsoft out of all of this. I guess Starfield. Everything else is not exclusive or even limited to just Xbox and PC.
I look at that list as more evidence of how saturated the market is. Would be surprised if even half those games actually make their money back.

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
I look at that list as more evidence of how saturated the market is. Would be surprised if even half those games actually make their money back.
Saturated what market. Most of those games have already released a long time ago and have easily made their money back.

What it tells me is that Microsoft is grasping at straws.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Assassin's Creed celebrating its 15-year anniversary. I'll post significant news from the event.... If there are any in the first place.

EDIT:
Nope. Your standard free-this, update-that, 60 fps yadda yadda, but that's about it

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
Capcom blue balling Dragon's Dogma fans kinda sucked. If there is a sequel in the works it seems weird not to announce it during their presentation. Why bring it up at all? Hideaki Itsuno, the game director presented it and there is a Dragon's Dogma stream in a few days, so Im praying a sequel announcement will be there. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is a rough gem and a sequel could really make it near perfect.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Gameplay for the TCM game. At first, i was skeptical and thought it was gonna be another 1v4 asymmetrical multiplayer game, but them i saw you can play as his family members as well.

Huh