Share some things that make you smile!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Meanwhile, here in Texas. Been living this life for 12 years now, and can never get used to it. If you can open your front door during a Texas summer and take two steps outside without expressing some expletive ranging in severity from PG-13 to NC-17, you are the rare exception.

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I came back from annual leave yesterday, opened my emails and found I'd had a scientific paper accepted for publication.

I and colleagues started the work on it in 2013. I moved to a new job 2016, although carried on doing some bit-part experimental work to tidy it up until 2017, and then it got stuck in development hell. It ended up needing three other researchers to finish, as we original ones couldn't spare enough time. So, nine years from start to publication. But it is done, and it made it to a good (if not spectacular) journal too.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Happy Mooniversary
I will be honest, it would not surprise me in the least if Armstrong's first words upon seeing the moon and the Earth in all its celestial majesty was something along those very lines. You know, muttered under his breath as he tries to think of more profound words.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I will be honest, it would not surprise me in the least if Armstrong's first words upon seeing the moon and the Earth in all its celestial majesty was something along those very lines. You know, muttered under his breath as he tries to think of more profound words.
I agree; there's no way you could be the first human to stand on another celestial body, look back at Earth, and not drop at least a "holy shit..."