General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You can't use one of the most famous stages on the planet to dish out 'hood justice; that might have been "perfectly acceptable" had he waited until after the show, and caught Rock in his dressing room or the back alley to slap the taste out of his mouth. His point would have been made, none of us would have known, and neither of them would ever speak of it ever again. 'Hood justice.
Even if he'd done it off-stage and people had found out, it wouldn't have been televised, it'd just be a weird celebrity feud thingy, of which we have zillions already (often involving punching). People wouldn't care so much.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
IIRC, Rock referenced Jada (who is bald due to alopecia) before dropping the "GI Jane 2" punchline. Demi Moore famously shaved her head for her role in GI Jane, and there is no sequel in the works, so it was clearly a jab at Jada. Now, Smith's reaction to the whole thing was way over the line. It was a joke, maybe an ill-timed and tasteless one, but a joke nonetheless. You can't use one of the most famous stages on the planet to dish out 'hood justice; that might have been "perfectly acceptable" had he waited until after the show, and caught Rock in his dressing room or the back alley to slap the taste out of his mouth. His point would have been made, none of us would have known, and neither of them would ever speak of it ever again. 'Hood justice.
See, I thought that’s what it was always about (the shaved head/alopecia thing)? Unless Rock was completely unaware of it himself idk. Which would be kinda surprising if he was even kinda/sorta friends with either of them as she made it public years ago.

In any case I’d say this horse has been beaten enough lol.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Wait, Rob Zombie is doing the remake? I'm definitely not going through that again. Nothing against the guy, but most of his movies I do not like. Hard for me to care about the characters when they all act like jackasses.
Naw not even rob, the new trilogy that is finishing up with "Halloween Ends".

The new Halloween movies have been atrocious imo. I would not trust this guy with the Exorcist.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

The new Halloween movies have been atrocious imo. I would not trust this guy with the Exorcist.
IMO they’re at least a clear step up from everything since the original, which was kind of the point of rebooting it. So we’ll see how they can close it out.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

You said remake, so I was assuming Rob Zombie. The recent lineup Halloween movies aren't remakes, their sequels. Though they are practically the same movies, just doing this the same stupid things over and over again. Thank you for clearing that up.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I assume it's because the week mocks itself nowadays?

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Not going anywhere near this.
Its a big jerkoff fest over on reddit about it, with a scant few pointing out that studios love setting dates to survey hype and 20 to 1 its doubtful they even have a script. Also..its WB. I stand by my statement that I just cant see JP not sabotaging this to get out of his contract or better yet sabotaging the filming. That I would pay money to see.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
After how pretentious the first movie was and seemingly lauded for it, I can't wait to see the level of fart-sniffing from Todd Philips in this sequel.

View attachment 6721
Its a big jerkoff fest over on reddit about it, with a scant few pointing out that studios love setting dates to survey hype and 20 to 1 its doubtful they even have a script. Also..its WB. I stand by my statement that I just cant see JP not sabotaging this to get out of his contract or better yet sabotaging the filming. That I would pay money to see.
You both can have at it. I'm not wasting 3 hours of whatever disaster that's going to be. Like I said before, entertainingly bad does nothing for me with most movies. The first movie was just fine by me, but I only needed to see it once. My mom later bought me a DVD copy, but I end up selling it, cuz I don't feel the need to ever watch it again.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
This is real. This is something Warner Bros Discovery really posted during their investor meeting.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
This is real. This is something Warner Bros Discovery really posted during their investor meeting.

On the one hand it does kind of make some (bizarre) sense to clearly set out who's hitting what demographics from a management perspective. You know, make sure no one's making two shows that are like 90% the same bar one or two bits.

On the other hand, its kind of fuckin' weird to see it written down like this. Plus what the fuck is 'Lean in' against 'Lean back'?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
And what the fuck is with "fandoms" vs. "genredoms"? Are they saying women aren't fans of specific shows, or that guys aren't drawn to certain genres?
I got no fuckin' clue. Like I said the bare bones logic of clearly assigning responsibility is one thing. But the way the list it out here offers yet more evidence of their upper echelons being comprised of either androids or pod people.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
And what the fuck is with "fandoms" vs. "genredoms"? Are they saying women aren't fans of specific shows, or that guys aren't drawn to certain genres?
It seems like they are basically saying their market research shows the majority of women want trashy reality TV shows and arent picky about story over just hitting the general genre where as dudes are more likely to only tune into serious drama with an emphasis on story over genre.

Sort of like how anime gets grouped by general target audience, like young teens are more likely to watch slice of life highschool shows in general where as older audience tend not to care about genre. That model is also fucking stupid.

I assume this is their new model because HBO Max is currently highly female audience centric with tons shows like Irma Veep and Made for love or are they calling those Male centric???? And they literally just launched S3 of Harley Quinn.

On one hand fine great put your shitty reality on TV discover where it belongs (2022 is weird), but Im really confused because you flip on HBO Max right now and like 7/10 current shows are queer and female led projects. Are those gonna go away? Cause fuckm then Ill just cancel and pirate everything if that means I only get to watch dude led shows unless I pay for both and Im not digging through reality TV crap just find Phoebe WBs new projects.