General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

You know, I think there's one good thing about these horror movie reboots; They bring attention to much better originals.

Not that Exorcist needed any more attention to begin with

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

You know, I think there's one good thing about these horror movie reboots; They bring attention to much better originals.

This is why I got less and less interested with mainstream Hollywood horror each year. The Indy market in stream services aren't perfect either, but at least they get people who try different things, or do different adaptions of horror novels.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
To be clear, I'm mostly upset that this was Brendan Fraser's big chance to make a theatrical comeback. Man just can't catch a break without Hollywood screwing him behind the scenes. Well, that and the blatant favoritism for certain other characters and actors that I covered in my thread.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
The most interesting aspect of this is that they ran the numbers and determined Batgirl would recoup more value if they wrote it off as a loss.

a. The numbers should not be that good. Its funny how corporations get special write off privileges and tax structuring the rest of us dont. I can't just be like "well I invested 50k on a jump to conclusions mat. The bank says its dumb as fuck, so Ill just write it off and get the majority back.".

b. The legality of this seems super questionable. Theres rules around how films can be written-off. Doing it like this seems questionable as fuck. I hope the IRS investigates the shit out of them.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
To be clear, I'm mostly upset that this was Brendan Fraser's big chance to make a theatrical comeback. Man just can't catch a break without Hollywood screwing him behind the scenes. Well, that and the blatant favoritism for certain other characters and actors that I covered in my thread.
Brendan Fraser was involved in this???

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

No what the original Exorcist needs is to be less goddamn boring.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yep. He was set to play the main villain, Firefly.
I'm really starting to hate WB now. They committed an unforgivable sin.

Damn, that does actually make me a little disappointed that it got cancelled. Poor dude. At least he's doing great in Doom Patrol.
I had no idea Fraser was in that show. Now I'm curious to watch it. My brother enjoyed it, so odds are I will probably like it too.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

haha. I figured it was "the conjuring"people and was gonna a condescending joke, nope its the goddamn Halloween Remake guy. Absolutely not, let me off that "Evil dies tonight!" train right now.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The funny thing is Chris Rock didn't actually even insult her, it's been pointed out, he was talking about a completely different subject and she just thought and assumed it was all about her. Either way it was immature on Jada and Will's part, even if Chris Rock was talking about her.
Do the GI Jane reference wasn’t to her lack of hair? That’s news to me I guess. I hope Will and Jada learn something from this whole thing at least.

Anyways, a couple random things -

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
haha. I figured it was "the conjuring"people and was gonna a condescending joke, nope its the goddamn Halloween Remake guy. Absolutely not, let me off that "Evil dies tonight!" train right now.
Wait, Rob Zombie is doing the remake? I'm definitely not going through that again. Nothing against the guy, but most of his movies I do not like. Hard for me to care about the characters when they all act like jackasses.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Do the GI Jane reference wasn’t to her lack of hair? That’s news to me I guess. I hope Will and Jada learn something from this whole thing at least.
This is pretty much an old news at this point. I don't blame you for not knowing though. It was found out around April or May. This just goes to show another problem with Hollywood, too many actors, producers, and directors with over inflated egos and a sense of entitlement. It always has to be about them, even when it has 0 to do with them. It has to be about them otherwise they don't feel special, despite whatever accomplishments they made. As much as I liked Will, neither he, his wife, nor his son get a free pass. I will give Jaden credit for striking out and doing his own thing and doing it well. He's actually been cooling and in control of himself these few years. He's definitely found his place.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
This is pretty much an old news at this point. I don't blame you for not knowing though. It was found out around April or May. This just goes to show another problem with Hollywood, too many actors, producers, and directors with over inflated egos and a sense of entitlement. It always has to be about them, even when it has 0 to do with them. It has to be about them otherwise they don't feel special, despite whatever accomplishments they made. As much as I liked Will, neither he, his wife, nor his son get a free pass. I will give Jaden credit for striking out and doing his own thing and doing it well. He's actually been cooling and in control of himself these few years. He's definitely found his place.
But what was it about then if not the hair thing? I tried googling but that’s all they reference as an “explanation”, which is about as helpful as reading that water is wet.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But what was it about then if not the hair thing? I tried googling but that’s all they reference as an “explanation”, which is about as helpful as reading that water is wet.
I don't remember the full details either (mainly because I stopped caring and moved on), but I found out through a Double Toasted video a long while back. It should be somewhere on the thread.

It might have been this one. That's all I have to say on the matter, as I'm just been done with this already.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
IIRC, Rock referenced Jada (who is bald due to alopecia) before dropping the "GI Jane 2" punchline. Demi Moore famously shaved her head for her role in GI Jane, and there is no sequel in the works, so it was clearly a jab at Jada. Now, Smith's reaction to the whole thing was way over the line. It was a joke, maybe an ill-timed and tasteless one, but a joke nonetheless. You can't use one of the most famous stages on the planet to dish out 'hood justice; that might have been "perfectly acceptable" had he waited until after the show, and caught Rock in his dressing room or the back alley to slap the taste out of his mouth. His point would have been made, none of us would have known, and neither of them would ever speak of it ever again. 'Hood justice.