More evidence provided to show the right wing of the Labour party sabotaged Corbyn and everyone associated with him.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No I'm pretty sure it's very verifiable that Pinochet was a monster, ran a monstrous regime that deserved to be overthrown, but was protected by foreign interests.
I didn't contest that in that comment, I was stating the lefty guy literally ran gangs and tried to coup the government themselves with the military.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
For those of you that like this, my post on Mossadegh is next.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I didn't contest that in that comment, I was stating the lefty guy literally ran gangs and tried to coup the government themselves with the military.
Considering he had a military coup against him, I don't have much sympathy for that statement. Did Allende lead the charge? Because it looks like he was elected.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Disagree families talk to each other, there was likely quid pro quo.
Oh yes, if there's one thing the left is known for it's their monolithic agreement and their absolute inability to break alliances over fundamental disagreements of praxis. For example, it is definitely 100% confirmed that the entirety of the MIR agreed on staging a coup, which is why of course Allende himself ran for office and was elected, which is the famous hallmark of coups.

Unlike Pinochet of course, who was democratically installed by eviscerating the government and handing jobs to all his friends and sycophants. Which is definitely no quid pro quo.

Reactions: Silvanus

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Oh yes, if there's one thing the left is known for it's their monolithic agreement and their absolute inability to break alliances over fundamental disagreements of praxis. For example, it is definitely 100% confirmed that the entirety of the MIR agreed on staging a coup, which is why of course Allende himself ran for office and was elected, which is the famous hallmark of coups.

Unlike Pinochet of course, who was democratically installed by eviscerating the government and handing jobs to all his friends and sycophants. Which is definitely no quid pro quo.
Pinochet handed jobs to economists from my favorite university (not), the University of Chicago, you know the same one the 44th POTUS taught at. Unlike the Berkely people who went to Indonesia and failed they increased living standards for the average Chilian not through left-wing degrowth policies, but using basic economic principles like free trade. If he handed the government to a bunch of idiots; Chile wouldn't be the economic powerhouse it is today.

If you want someone in the economics department to hate, hate Havard's Larry Summers and his student Andrei Shleifer who incorrectly used the shock doctrine, and ruined Russia causing the rise of people like Putin today.

Fine here are more sources:

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Pinochet handed jobs to economists from my favorite university (not), the University of Chicago, you know the same one the 44th POTUS taught at. Unlike the Berkely people who went to Indonesia and failed they increased living standards for the average Chilian not through left-wing degrowth policies, but using basic economic principles like free trade. If he handed the government to a bunch of idiots; Chile wouldn't be the economic powerhouse it is today.

If you want someone in the economics department to hate, hate Havard's Larry Summers and his student Andrei Shleifer who incorrectly used the shock doctrine, and ruined Russia causing the rise of people like Putin today.

Fine here are more sources:

Whenever I'm told of Pinochet's economic triumph compared to Allende's failure, I always come back to Nixon's famous line on Chile at the time. "Make the economy scream". It's like saying Cuba's economy is bad, technically true but through no fault of their own. Pinochet got an easy win since his government was supported wholeheartedly by the US as a demonstration against left-wing policy. Notably Chile started going down until there were massive protests just a couple of years ago when the realities of "basic economic principles" that aren't aggressively supported from the outside settled in.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Whenever I'm told of Pinochet's economic triumph compared to Allende's failure, I always come back to Nixon's famous line on Chile at the time. "Make the economy scream". It's like saying Cuba's economy is bad, technically true but through no fault of their own. Pinochet got an easy win since his government was supported wholeheartedly by the US as a demonstration against left-wing policy. Notably Chile started going down until there were massive protests just a couple of years ago when the realities of "basic economic principles" that aren't aggressively supported from the outside settled in.
Are you literally about to argue economics with a trained economist?

It's the second richest country in South America Latin America and is more well-off than Mexico, and Brazil by GDP per capita. The only country with a higher GDP per capita as of 2021 was the country with the Panama canal.

Heres their economic growth.

As you can see the only reason it decreases is because of the Covid-19 recession brought on by a virus from somewhere in China.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Are you literally about to argue economics with a trained economist?

It's the second richest country in South America Latin America and is more well-off than Mexico, and Brazil by GDP per capita. The only country with a higher GDP per capita as of 2021 was the country with the Panama canal.

Heres their economic growth.

As you can see the only reason it decreases is because of the Covid-19 recession brought on by a virus from somewhere in China.
It's so great that they had a national referendum to tear up their constitution and make something more egalitarian.

And I don't particularly care if you are an economist, it's pretty well established that the largest economy in the western hemisphere put their thumb on any and all scales for ideological reasons, nothing between Allende and Pinochet can be taken at face value from an economics standpoint. The furthest thing from laboratory conditions.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
It's so great that they had a national referendum to tear up their constitution and make something more egalitarian.

And I don't particularly care if you are an economist, it's pretty well established that the largest economy in the western hemisphere put their thumb on any and all scales for ideological reasons, nothing between Allende and Pinochet can be taken at face value from an economics standpoint. The furthest thing from laboratory conditions.

LOL about that referendum.

In all seriousness what sort of selfish leader would risk making their country a global pariah like Syria, Cuba, Iran, and Venezuela, what do you gain from defecting, you certainly aren't improving the lives of your citizens. And why is it when the Chinese follow their interests by debt trapping Sri Lanka it's bad but when the US does something like that it's good? (Ex. Bananas)

And don't Chomsky rule me, I have as much control over US FP as I do Chinese FP, which is none. Their foreign policy is done by the bureaucracy or the deep state, even if the vision is by the head of state. I am in nether.

But if I did have a foreign policy power I wouldn't condemn my citizens to poverty due to mismanagement like in Argentina, or Venezuela, or religious hatred like in Iran, or to rebel to get a geopolitical position when you have no chance due to geography like the USSR.

Explain to me why you would want to have dirt roads in major cities, no medicine, no airplane parts, no advanced internet equipment, etc to delusionally compete with power with more aircraft carriers than 20.

I insult the US elite every day, but if I was a world leader I would kiss their ass because I am not a psychopath who wants to make my citizens starve because I am too petty to accept Pax Americana.

As for why the US would do those things it's solely due to free trade, and security. We cannot have Pearl Harbor or 9/11 repeating, that is why we fight a hegemon in Asia(China). We cannot have the Nazis reappear that is why we cannot allow a hegemon in Europe(Russia), and oil is the economic lifeblood of the planet hence the MENA conflicts. Also the moment free trade gets cut off from the US, the US living standards will fall, there will be widespread ocean-based fees for passing through X country, and people will hate each other even more via an international conflict and protectionism.

The US practically begged China to be its co-partner via the Obama admin. All they had to do was turn into a democracy, and the US elite wouldn't care. They could have literally been somewhat democracies like Poland, Hungry or Japan, or even Singapore and no one would care soon long as the free trade flows which ironically benefits China and Asia more than the geographically luckier US.

But it was their pride, and maybe their insecurity that led them to this.

I may be a bully, a jerk, and inconsistent, but I would rather my citizens, friends, etc have better lives if I was in power over being petty and vindictive.

Now tell me I have no morals and a fascist. My advice to you is this if you want to replace capitalism you best replace it with something actually better instead of ones that have failed.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

LOL about that referendum.

In all seriousness what sort of selfish leader would risk making their country a global pariah like Syria, Cuba, Iran, and Venezuela, what do you gain from defecting, you certainly aren't improving the lives of your citizens. And why is it when the Chinese follow their interests by debt trapping Sri Lanka it's bad but when the US does something like that it's good? (Ex. Bananas)

And don't Chomsky rule me, I have as much control over US FP as I do Chinese FP, which is none. Their foreign policy is done by the bureaucracy or the deep state, even if the vision is by the head of state. I am in nether.

But if I did have a foreign policy power I wouldn't condemn my citizens to poverty due to mismanagement like in Argentina, or Venezuela, or religious hatred like in Iran, or to rebel to get a geopolitical position when you have no chance due to geography like the USSR.

Explain to me why you would want to have dirt roads in major cities, no medicine, no airplane parts, no advanced internet equipment, etc to delusionally compete with power with more aircraft carriers than 20.

I insult the US elite every day, but if I was a world leader I would kiss their ass because I am not a psychopath who wants to make my citizens starve because I am too petty to accept Pax Americana.

As for why the US would do those things it's solely due to free trade, and security. We cannot have Pearl Harbor or 9/11 repeating, that is why we fight a hegemon in Asia(China). We cannot have the Nazis reappear that is why we cannot allow a hegemon in Europe(Russia), and oil is the economic lifeblood of the planet hence the MENA conflicts. Also the moment free trade gets cut off from the US, the US living standards will fall, there will be widespread ocean-based fees for passing through X country, and people will hate each other even more via an international conflict and protectionism.

The US practically begged China to be its co-partner via the Obama admin. All they had to do was turn into a democracy, and the US elite wouldn't care. They could have literally been somewhat democracies like Poland, Hungry or Japan, or even Singapore and no one would care soon long as the free trade flows which ironically benefits China and Asia more than the geographically luckier US.

But it was their pride, and maybe their insecurity that led them to this.

I may be a bully, a jerk, and inconsistent, but I would rather my citizens, friends, etc have better lives if I was in power over being petty and vindictive.

Now tell me I have no morals and a fascist. My advice to you is this if you want to replace capitalism you best replace it with something actually better instead of ones that have failed.
Yes, fascist apologia. With a healthy dose of the victim blaming mentality that enables this exploitation, like the kind you condemn in Iran and China.

"Don't make me beat you."

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yes, fascist apologia. With a healthy dose of the victim blaming mentality that enables this exploitation, like the kind you condemn in Iran and China.

"Don't make me beat you."
The US is not fascist country and isn’t xenophobic.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Both halves of that statement are highly debatable. Especially as of recent.
The MAGA Republicans make up at best 20% of the country, they aren't representative of the average American.

And again the real victims are the citizens of every country who have to suffer the brunt of the consequences of their government's foreign policy which they got from reading an out-of-touch, outdated, academic whose most likely dead or long dead. Do you really think the Ayatollah, Assad, Putin, Xi, and Kim plus the high-level government in their countries are poor or suffering?

And name a superpower that could do a better job keeping the sea routes clear, be accepting of newcomers, be honorable, have some form of democratic government, and is actually competent. Go on I will wait.

China is too proud to accept the Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer despite having the license to either produce it or buy it which is killing their economy.

The EU ran of bombs on multiple peacekeeping missions in Libya proving they have no teeth, needed a US bailout from the US reserve during the recession of 2008/9, and their best and brightest leave the country for the US

The Russians are idiots on the military, and political grounds have bad geography, and have its people leave for the US.

Latin America couldn't even agree to form a highway and possible railroad into Mexico in Nicaragua.

South Korea and Japan are too xenophobic to accept immigrants from black, and brown countries and poor countries in general, and their birth rate will mean a national suicide unless a miracle technology saves them.

Australia doesn't have the geography due to its lack of arable land.

Indonesia will likely be at the forefront of a massive pile of dead bodies due to climate change.

And India will also face severe climate change.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The MAGA Republicans make up at best 20% of the country, they aren't representative of the average American.

And again the real victims are the citizens of every country who have to suffer the brunt of the consequences of their government's foreign policy which they got from reading an out-of-touch, outdated, academic whose most likely dead or long dead. Do you really think the Ayatollah, Assad, Putin, Xi, and Kim plus the high-level government in their countries are poor or suffering?

And name a superpower that could do a better job keeping the sea routes clear, be accepting of newcomers, be honorable, have some form of democratic government, and is actually competent. Go on I will wait.

China is too proud to accept the Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer despite having the license to either produce it or buy it which is killing their economy.

The EU ran of bombs on multiple peacekeeping missions in Libya proving they have no teeth, needed a US bailout from the US reserve during the recession of 2008/9, and their best and brightest leave the country for the US

The Russians are idiots on the military, and political grounds have bad geography, and have its people leave for the US.

Latin America couldn't even agree to form a highway and possible railroad into Mexico in Nicaragua.

South Korea and Japan are too xenophobic to accept immigrants from black, and brown countries and poor countries in general, and their birth rate will mean a national suicide unless a miracle technology saves them.

Australia doesn't have the geography due to its lack of arable land.

Indonesia will likely be at the forefront of a massive pile of dead bodies due to climate change.

And India will also face severe climate change.
I mean, congrats on pointing out fascists can take power without popularity?

As for the rest of your nonsense, you've already sent it up at the start. These policies fail due to external pressure, nothing with the policy themselves. Everything else is just naked jingoism which just smacks of Bush era "With us or against us" mentality that should have already been taken out behind the shed and shot.

Reactions: Silvanus

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Again the strong do they can, and the weak suffer what they must. Morality is subjective your morality is not my morality.
Imperialism, then, from the comfort of a vantage point in one of those "strong" countries where you don't have to suffer the consequences, but will happily wish suffering on others.

Why pretend to be indignant about China and Russia when they're doing exactly what you encourage?

Edit: and I don't believe he's an economist for a second. An economist would write better-structured posts. None of the directionless waffle.

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Both halves of that statement are highly debatable. Especially as of recent.
It is my experience that any truth worth telling registers as highly debatable. The more justified confidence people have in a piece of information, the more others want to tear it apart. If you are personally trying hard to prove something wrong, that may as well be evidence of its veracity.