Ukraine

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Should we just ask the mods to remove Sean from the thread? Would save a lot of everyone's time to not have to deal with clowning.

Reactions: CM156

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Ah. So when you said they were connected, you actually meant they're not connected. I'm sorry I didn't notice that totally clear reasoning. My bad you definitely didn't just make a mistake.

Yeah, gotta destroy those parks, playgrounds and residential apartments. Critical infrastructure right there.
I said they're connected to S14, not the Sich rifleman or the Sich movement. I also said they claim the latter to hide the former. Which is clear to anyone not actively caping for nazis.

This is nothing more than an attempt to gaslight, and play poor, bad faith, semantic games.

And by the way, bombing civilians is how total war works. Civilians are the means of production for war materiel. No more Civilians, no more weapons, no more warfighting capacity. That's how it worked in Germany and Japan between 1943-1945, and that's how it works in Ukraine between 2014 and the present day (lest we try to pretend what ukraine was up to in donbas for the last eight years just didn't happen).

This is what zelenskyy's been asking for and escalating towards for six months, and now he has exactly what he wants.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I said they're connected to S14, not the Sich rifleman or the Sich movement. I also said they claim the latter to hide the former.
You literally said the Sich movement in the first post on this topic. But whatever. Not even going to engage with the utterly rank and pathetic "IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE A NAZI" screaming anymore.

And by the way, bombing civilians is how total war works. Civilians are the means of production for war materiel. No more Civilians, no more weapons, no more warfighting capacity. That's how it worked in Germany and Japan between 1943-1945, and that's how it works in Ukraine between 2014 and the present day (lest we try to pretend what ukraine was up to in donbas for the last eight years just didn't happen).

This is what zelenskyy's been asking for and escalating towards for six months, and now he has exactly what he wants.
He's been asking for this? Ukraine has been fighting a defensive war against an invasion and imperial land-grab. It's a complete clownshow how imperialism apologists consider the only valid move to just give the imperialists everything they claim as their own, and any defensive act is "escalation". Ukraine did not choose to be invaded. Russia chose to invade. Ukraine then chose to act in defence of its territory against the invader. How dare they!

As if the other power here isn't the one that unilaterally has chosen to invade, sponsor an insurgency, sneak disguised troops over the border for 6 years, invade again, extra-judicially slaughter civilians in the streets, and then annex masses of territory. None of which you give a single, solitary shit about: its core to the imperialist mindset that some powers are allowed to do whatever they want. But any effort to stop them doing that? Beyond the pale!

It's the same brand of bankrupt logic of the gaslighting domestic abuser, telling his wife she's making him do it as he hits her. I can't wait for your military justification for those civilians tortured to death in Bucha, hands tied.

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
If Israel were to change their state title to "People's Republic" and replace the Star of David on their flag with a hammer and sickle, Sean & co would be making arguments defending the "abused, proletariat settlers" from "imperialist, nazi Palestinians" within 24 hours.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
If Israel were to change their state title to "People's Republic" and replace the Star of David on their flag with a hammer and sickle, Sean & co would be making arguments defending the "abused, proletariat settlers" from "imperialist, nazi Palestinians" within 24 hours.
There are some people who don't object to atrocities: they only object to atrocities carried out under flags they don't like.

"Human rights industry"?
How much drugs is max blumenthal on?
I've seen people from more authoritarian countries argue that human rights are being "weaponized' against said countries.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
"Human rights industry"?
How much drugs is max blumenthal on?
Everyone from that little tweet pile is a verifiable nutcase.

Max Blumenthal is a conspiracy theorist and denier of ethnic genocide, as well as being a paid mouthpiece for Russian state media.

Vasily Prozorov claims to be a defector from the Ukrainian secret police, though that's unverified. He's spread demonstrable misinformation in the past, like accusing Ukraine of downing MH-17.

Anatolii Shary is the leader of a far-right/libertarian party, and a virulent homophobe.

Wyatt Reed works for Blumenthal's site. He's currently on Twitter gleefully celebrating the deaths of civilians.

I'll wait until there's verification from a source that isn't a shitstain liar. I've had a look, and there doesn't seem to be any proof that the video was actually taken at the time they say (post-occupation). They're right that the guy who provided the video in the first place is a Ukrainian neo-Nazi, though (he alleges he got it from a Russian soldier's phone).

There is a slightly longer version which shows the soldiers themselves, who appear to be wearing Russian uniforms, one with the characteristic red swatch of cloth Russians have been wearing. Of course, that's hardly definitive proof-- though it does raise the question of why Blumenthal would be posting the shorter, edited version that doesn't show those details.

Last edited:
Reactions: thestor and Kwak

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The Ukrainians planted a bomb in a civilian truck. The driver thought he was delivering fertilizer.

That is a terrorist method.
What do you call (continuously and repeatedly) threatening to use nukes in against a nation with no nuclear weapons if not the threat of nuclear terrorism? Because that's a lot more disturbing then partially blowing up a bridge, regardless of method.

5 dead in the Bridge attack vs. Millions in WW3 if Putin decides to indulge his little nuke fantasy.

Bud, you have literally just said that the Ukrainian people deserved no mercy for bombings that happened for months before this attack occured because they smiled at a military gain during the defensive war on their country.
Daddy Putin's feewings are hurt. Those people who laughed at him have to die now.

Last edited:
Reactions: thestor and CM156

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So apparently child-slave mine fortune heir Elon Musk had a nice little one-on-one with Putin about how to end the war. Surprise surprise, Elon's tweet suggestion was basically Ukraine admits defeat and gives Russia everything it wants.
And I'm pretty sure talking with another government regarding US policy and trying to negotiate "peace" is in fact illegal.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
So apparently child-slave mine fortune heir Elon Musk had a nice little one-on-one with Putin about how to end the war. Surprise surprise, Elon's tweet suggestion was basically Ukraine admits defeat and gives Russia everything it wants.
And I'm pretty sure talking with another government regarding US policy and trying to negotiate "peace" is in fact illegal.
The one thing I wonder about that is that the law specifically mentions negotiating with a government over an issue or dispute with the US. And I believe still technically the US isn't officially in dispute with Russia, and asking the US to mediate between two factions who are in dispute separate from the US may not trip the law. I am not a lawyer at all so I dunno, but I think that's how this would work.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
The one thing I wonder about that is that the law specifically mentions negotiating with a government over an issue or dispute with the US. And I believe still technically the US isn't officially in dispute with Russia, and asking the US to mediate between two factions who are in dispute separate from the US may not trip the law. I am not a lawyer at all so I dunno, but I think that's how this would work.
Are you talking about the Logan Act? Nobody has been prosecuted under that in living memory. Not that we can't start now.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Are you talking about the Logan Act? Nobody has been prosecuted under that in living memory. Not that we can't start now.
IDK if they are but that act is so incredibly vague just about anything can be covered by it

I've gotta ask, what would 'the government' be here. Like, with something like Contra, I dont think Regean gave explicit instructions but just vague direction and many in the intelligence agencies just made stuff up that they could pretend fits Regean's directions

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I've seen people from more authoritarian countries argue that human rights are being "weaponized' against said countries.
Many in the Australian government says the same thing when we get critised for our immigration policies

Just ignore that we've had people locked up in jail for 9 years without any recourse over them trying to cross the border

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Apparently some German Activists have been trying to place a destroyed Russian Tank outside the Russian Embassy in Berlin and finally won a court case to proceed.

The biggest point legit against it was that the original proposed spot wasn't able to support a 40 ton tank.

Last edited:

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
And by the way, bombing civilians is how total war works. Civilians are the means of production for war materiel. No more Civilians, no more weapons, no more warfighting capacity. That's how it worked in Germany and Japan between 1943-1945
Ignoring all the other nonsense, this is very wrong as well.

It was extensively researched how much indiscriminate bombing of towns and cities had helped and the answer was "not very much at all". It only brings the bombed population together and stokes their anger. It does not make them more likely to surrender or seek peace. Even the damage to wartime industry hardly matches the ressources put into the bombing.

In WWII people didn't know that yet. But nowadays this excuse does not exist anymore. Those bombings have no military purpose and never help winning a war, they only help the bombing party to let of steam by "punishing their enemies" without much risk.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
And by the way, bombing civilians is how total war works.
Is it how "special military operations" that totally aren't wars work though?

Let's be real, there are two reasons why civilians are being bombed.

1) Russian military doctrine encourages deliberate bombing of civilians and using information control to spin the public reaction to doing so. It's not something the military went to great efforts to hide before the war began. It's only in public state media that we get this weird rhetoric about "precision weapons" and claims Ukraine is bombing itself with missiles it doesn't manufacture.

2) The Russian military is seemingly not actually up to the task of delivering any kind of accurate artillery or close air support without getting wrecked by ageing MANPADS, perhaps because all the R&D money went on developing "hypersonic" missiles (results may vary) and, let's be real, buying mansions rather than developing working guidance systems for all the shitty old Soviet tech or, you know, letting pilots train in their aircraft before being pushed into a warzone.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Putin has labelled the attack on Kerch Bridge-- a military target-- as terrorism on the same day that his army shelled a crowded civilian market with zero military value.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Many in the Australian government says the same thing when we get critised for our immigration policies

Just ignore that we've had people locked up in jail for 9 years without any recourse over them trying to cross the border
At least the ALP pretend to look sad about it... that's a... thing... I guess? *shrugs*