God of War Ragnarok Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Spoiler free (regarding story and footage used; mostly gameplay-oriented) -

Not bad IGN, but you didn't answer the biggest question of, "Will Kratos revert to *zero* again?". Oh who am I kidding.

Weapon-specific finishers and midpoint boss battle checkpoints sound good, and more tactical shield usage is going to be interesting. Getting GotY feels.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
@hanselthecaretaker imo i think it is a shoe in for GotY for me. But competition is very light this year. Horizon is the leader right now, but it had a bunch of disappointments too. So all GoW has to do is stick the landing tbh.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I traded in Mario Strikers (Switch) on Friday towards my pre-order for Ragnarök. I know the professional critics are all lining up to make this game their "DEFTINITIVE THERE IS NO OTHER COMPETITION GOTY!!!", but my GOTY is not going to be Ragnarök. If we're strictly talking AAA & AA games, there's still competition. November is crowded as all hell, and we still got games coming out in December. My GOTY is either going to be Bayonetta 3, Callisto Protocol, or Evil West.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I traded in Mario Strikers (Switch) on Friday towards my pre-order for Ragnarök. I know the professional critics are all lining up to make this game their "DEFTINITIVE THERE IS NO OTHER COMPETITION GOTY!!!", but my GOTY is not going to be Ragnarök. If we're strictly talking AAA & AA games, there's still competition. November is crowded as all hell, and we still got games coming out in December. My GOTY is either going to be Bayonetta 3, Callisto Protocol, or Evil West.
Actually.....let's be real. FF7 Crisis Core is my GOTY. But that's not fair so I have to call something else GOTY, but you guys should know where my heart will really be. :)

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Actually.....let's be real. FF7 Crisis Core is my GOTY. But that's not fair so I have to call something else GOTY, but you guys should know where my heart will really be. :)
That's fair and real. Everyone should have their own GOTY. Not because of the what the mainstream gaming press says, nor do they have the final say so.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That's fair and real. Everyone should have their own GOTY. Not because of the what the mainstream gaming press says, nor do they have the final say so.
I mean it's just a remaster of the PSP game, so I still think it's cheating because there aren't enough changes to call a "new" game. Depends on if GoW hit's my badass factor, because it's been a while since something tickle my badass button you know?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean it's just a remaster of the PSP game, so I still think it's cheating because there aren't enough changes to call a "new" game. Depends on if GoW hit's my badass factor, because it's been a while since something tickle my badass button you know?
Ok then.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
@hanselthecaretaker imo i think it is a shoe in for GotY for me. But competition is very light this year. Horizon is the leader right now, but it had a bunch of disappointments too. So all GoW has to do is stick the landing tbh.
It’s seeming that way. The only thing that might be missing for some reason is quick turn, but I think it will be patched in because people will rightfully ***** about it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

5 hours into God of War: Ragnarok, I'm not thinking: 'is this better than 2018?'. That question quickly fades when you experience just good Ragnarok is; visually, narratively, its world, its combat and how easily it can move you. Many games won't achieve more in their entire run-time than Ragnarok achieves in its first 5 hours, so better or worse than 2018 - I expect Ragnarok is going to be an incredible experience, and that's all that really matters.

God of War: Ragnarok launches Nov 9th for PS4 and PS5. Review code provided by Sony.

Anyways, I get the feeling this game is gonna make my ball hairs stand up, which hasn’t happened in a long time.

Last edited:

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Pretty much having the same reaction here as Bayonetta: more of the thing I like? Ok cool. Don't f*** it up.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I had to cancel my pre-order for some extra cash due to my financial situation, but do not be upset. The game will be there, and I can pick it up in December at some point.