If DeSantis wins

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Even if true, which lmao, there's a distinct difference between making a bad call and being deliberately, maliciously cruel. Doubly so when the political stunt is based on being deliberately, maliciously cruel to a group you specifically want to discriminate against

I never said California was affordable and refuse to argue for a position you've hallucinated for me.
There hasn't been enough time for the science to be even done to determine if surgeries are medically necessary. There's at least 2 studies that found no difference in getting surgeries and one big recent one that did.

Why do you think DeSantis wants to discriminate latinos? A majority of them support DeSantis and help him win elections. And Newsom's calls weren't just a series of "bad calls" as he only made those calls based on an agenda vs actual science. And the places covid was actually spreading massively (migrant farmers, you know, minorities and immigrants), Newsom did literally nothing about that.

I was pointing out how bad your source was. California is top 5 worst in the main affordability stats on that link and somehow comes in as 20th in the affordability ranking. That make sense to you? Hence, your reason for posting it was that it showed Florida wasn't so good and I'm showing you how flawed their analysis was. You literally have to influence to Google results to get you to find a site that says California is more affordable than Florida.

Literally the first result when simply searching 'florida cost of living"
Florida residents enjoy the 32nd-lowest cost of living in the United States, per MERIC data gathered in the third quarter of 2021. While 32nd place may not seem like much to brag about, when you compare what it would cost you to enjoy California’s beaches as a resident, your monthly budget is getting a break. California has the third-highest cost of living in the country.

And the 2nd result:
Florida cost of living is 103.1 (100 is average)

California cost of living is 149.9 (100 is average)

What state would you say has a lower cost of living, Florida or California?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
There hasn't been enough time for the science to be even done to determine if surgeries are medically necessary. There's at least 2 studies that found no difference in getting surgeries and one big recent one that did.
Shit man, maybe you should tell basically every major medical institution and advocacy group that. They seem to have missed it.
Why do you think DeSantis wants to discriminate latinos?
Immigrants, dumbass. Perpetual punching bags of the right wing, who cheer when some asshole spends millions of dollars fucking up their lives
I was pointing out how bad your source was. California is top 5 worst in the main affordability stats on that link and somehow comes in as 20th in the affordability ranking. That make sense to you? Hence, your reason for posting it was that it showed Florida wasn't so good and I'm showing you how flawed their analysis was. You literally have to influence to Google results to get you to find a site that says California is more affordable than Florida.
There is more to why you'd want to live in a place than sheer affordability, and that's literally all I said. And, again, I don't give a shit about California. I'm not going to defend an argument that you're hallucinating me making

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Shit man, maybe you should tell basically every major medical institution and advocacy group that. They seem to have missed it.
Immigrants, dumbass. Perpetual punching bags of the right wing, who cheer when some asshole spends millions of dollars fucking up their lives
There is more to why you'd want to live in a place than sheer affordability, and that's literally all I said. And, again, I don't give a shit about California. I'm not going to defend an argument that you're hallucinating me making
Have you not seen how bad medical organization guidelines and recommendations are with regards to covid in the last 2 years? Have you not seen how inaccurate places like the American Heart Association are to saturated fats? Have you not seen the horrible and backwards food pyramid? Here's what the food pyramid was when I went to school... It's literally the opposite of what you should be eating... And the new pyramid says vegetable oils are good and butter is bad (just completely asinine). This is why I don't trust what someone says (regardless of reputation or credentials) unless they have data and logic to back up what they actually say.

Explain to me how DeSantis has done more harm to minorities than the average governor. How are Crist's policies better than DeSantis' policies and why should people vote for Crist over DeSantis?

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
This is why I don't trust what someone says (regardless of reputation or credentials) unless they have data and logic to back up what they actually say.
More accurately, you look for data that fits your preconceived notions and then declare yourself King of Being Right.

Explain to me how DeSantis has done more harm to minorities than the average governor.
Just off the top of my head, that Martha's Vineyard stunt was pretty fucking cruel. And the cruelty is always the point. I look forward to you explaining why that was actually a good thing.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
More accurately, you look for data that fits your preconceived notions and then declare yourself King of Being Right.

Just off the top of my head, that Martha's Vineyard stunt was pretty fucking cruel. And the cruelty is always the point. I look forward to you explaining why that was actually a good thing.
Why would I have preconceived notions about vegetable oils and butter?

OMG, you are all the same, you all focus on the smallest fucking tree in the forest and completely gloss over the forest. Show me how DeSantis has caused more OVERALL harm to minorities than the average governor.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Have you not seen how bad medical organization guidelines and recommendations are with regards to covid in the last 2 years? Have you not seen how inaccurate places like the American Heart Association are to saturated fats? Have you not seen the horrible and backwards food pyramid? Here's what the food pyramid was when I went to school... It's literally the opposite of what you should be eating... And the new pyramid says vegetable oils are good and butter is bad (just completely asinine). This is why I don't trust what someone says (regardless of reputation or credentials) unless they have data and logic to back up what they actually say.

Explain to me how DeSantis has done more harm to minorities than the average governor. How are Crist's policies better than DeSantis' policies and why should people vote for Crist over DeSantis?
The main thing wrong there is that the grains are at the bottom, not the thing with oils and fats. Also sugar should be on a tier of its own.

It should be like: fruits and vegetables > fish and seafood > meats and dairy> grains and breads, then fats and butter then sugar at the tippy top.

The less processing something undergoes the better it is for you. I try to substitute honey for sugar in any cooking that asks for a bit of sweetness.

Butter has animal fats while something like olive oil has good cholesterol and antioxidants which is why I assume they list em differently. Also olive oil is just basically seed juice, it doesn't undergo processing, you just squeeze it out of the olives and package it, the less you mess with it the higher quality. Butter you have to do stuff to get.

According to the link I posted last page, it seems according to polls that hispanics in florida liked the stunt more than they disliked it actually.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
"I don't agree with current food science so trans surgery should be banned"

Crist isn't running against DeSantis. For that matter, this isn't an either/or statement

Again, I refuse to defend an argument that you are hallucinating for me

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
According to the link I posted last page, it seems according to polls that hispanics in florida liked the stunt more than they disliked it actually.
I mean, it's not like "hispanics" are a particularly homogeneous group. White America in the '50s made it up because they were scared of these new white people moving here who spoke Spanish and knew what spices were.

Show me how DeSantis has caused more OVERALL harm to minorities than the average governor.
You sound like you'd vote for a serial killer if you liked his politics

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I mean, it's not like "hispanics" are a particularly homogeneous group. White America in the '50s made it up because they were scared of these new white people moving here who spoke Spanish and knew what spices were.
They sure seem to be treated as such every time an affront is made against someone from south of the border. It's never "ethnic antipathy towards specifically Venezuelans" but "racial animus towards all hispanics/immigrants", that's how it's always contextualized. It's kinda unfair to only distinguish between them and treat them more as individuals when the social justice approach is inconvenient but trod along every time it is politically advantageous to monolithize them.

I mean, people re-elected Bush and Obama...

No school shooter or kidnapper maniac comes close to their K/D ratio.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Why would I have preconceived notions about vegetable oils and butter?
Only you can answer that question.

OMG, you are all the same, you all focus on the smallest fucking tree in the forest and completely gloss over the forest. Show me how DeSantis has caused more OVERALL harm to minorities than the average governor.
I'll just take this to mean that you agree with what DeSantis did.

Florida has a population of arch-conservative Cuban-Americans who are totally down with fucking over other brown people. Hispanics are not a hivemind.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Florida has a population of arch-conservative Cuban-Americans who are totally down with fucking over other brown people. Hispanics are not a hivemind.
You did see me mention cubans in the post that you're quoting, right?

I know they exist. That's my point too, people shouldn't get to claim that someone dislikes all hispanics when they just dislike those whom they think would be democratic voters.

Also I doubt Cubans all are a monolith in much the same way as well btw. They're mainly against people from places that have a specific form of government as I understand it.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
You did see me mention cubans in the post that you're quoting, right?

I know they exist. That's my point too, people shouldn't get to claim that someone dislikes all hispanics when they just dislike those whom they think would be democratic voters.
That some Hispanics vote Democrat is nothing more than an excuse. Once you've decided not to give a shit about the well-being of other people, all you need is an excuse. Any excuse will do.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
That some Hispanics vote Democrat is nothing more than an excuse. Once you've decided not to give a shit about the well-being of other people, all you need is an excuse. Any excuse will do.
So why are the Cubans voting republican then? Do they hate those other people more than they love themselves and wanna kamikaze them down?

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The main thing wrong there is that the grains are at the bottom, not the thing with oils and fats. Also sugar should be on a tier of its own.

It should be like: fruits and vegetables > fish and seafood > meats and dairy> grains and breads, then fats and butter then sugar at the tippy top.

The less processing something undergoes the better it is for you. I try to substitute honey for sugar in any cooking that asks for a bit of sweetness.

Butter has animal fats while something like olive oil has good cholesterol and antioxidants which is why I assume they list em differently. Also olive oil is just basically seed juice, it doesn't undergo processing, you just squeeze it out of the olives and package it, the less you mess with it the higher quality. Butter you have to do stuff to get.
They wanted people to constantly eat bread and grains, which is pretty bad advice. Yeah, sugar is basically just a slow acting poison. The fact that they basically say fats are as bad as sugars is sheer incompetence. Butter is so much better for you than most oils (olive oil is one of the few good ones) and fake butters as well. The cholesterol in foods doesn't matter at all as when you eat foods with cholesterol you don't actually gain that cholesterol (your body produces your own cholesterol), and we've known that for over 50 years and still your see tons of things saying such and such food isn't that good for you because it has cholesterol (like the whole back and forth with eggs, which is an amazingly good food to eat). Yeah, processed food is pretty bad, they are even making the healthiest part of the very unhealthy standard fast food combo less healthy with the beyond/impossible meat that is so processed it's not even funny (how can you fail that much in your advice?). Much of the "official" advice on what to eat during my lifetime at least has only made people much more unhealthy.

"I don't agree with current food science so trans surgery should be banned"

Crist isn't running against DeSantis. For that matter, this isn't an either/or statement

Again, I refuse to defend an argument that you are hallucinating for me
You can look up everything I said, it checks out. Show me data that trans surgery is medically necessary.

How isn't Crist running against DeSantis? Did they have a debate for no reason? You refuse to discuss the actual thread? Why are you even posting in this thread then...?

I already said I'd never vote for Trump because he's a con man, you think I'd vote for a serial killer?

Only you can answer that question.

I'll just take this to mean that you agree with what DeSantis did.
So everything I talk about I have preconceived notions about and everything you talk about you don't have preconceived notions about? Sure thing...

I'll just take that to mean that you don't actually know the overarching policies to have an actual discussion.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
So why are the Cubans voting republican then? Do they hate those other people more than they love themselves and wanna kamikaze them down?
They probably don't feel any sense of solidarity with other latin people. Not saying they should or anything. As to the details of the why, that's a case-by-case basis, though I imagine they vote Republican for similar reasons white people do.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
They wanted people to constantly eat bread and grains, which is pretty bad advice. Yeah, sugar is basically just a slow acting poison.
Yeah, I'm just gonna disregard your food opinions. "Staple foods every group of humanity has been eating since before the birth of agriculture is basically poisonous", fucking hell
Show me data that trans surgery is medically necessary.
That's been posted. But because the medical community waffles about egg yolk occasionally, you've decided to ignore it.
How isn't Crist running against DeSantis? Did they have a debate for no reason? You refuse to discuss the actual thread? Why are you even posting in this thread then...?
Eh, thought you meant Newsom. I was running on 4 hours of sleep before driving 10 hours. You've got this habit of changing the sport being discussed as justification for unrelated beliefs. See the food argument of all things.
I already said I'd never vote for Trump because he's a con man, you think I'd vote for a serial killer?
Did he hurt a significant enough group of people? The whole Martha's Vineyard fiasco was a con, among others

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The latest Florida trans care tribunal is going *great*, btw. The dudes making laws are apparently having a hard time with the concept that just because it's beneficial for some people doesn't mean it's recommended for everybody. This is the level of knowledge we're working on

EDIT: Yep, love unlabeled y axises

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yeah, I'm just gonna disregard your food opinions. "Staple foods every group of humanity has been eating since before the birth of agriculture is basically poisonous", fucking hell
That's been posted. But because the medical community waffles about egg yolk occasionally, you've decided to ignore it.
Eh, thought you meant Newsom. I was running on 4 hours of sleep before driving 10 hours. You've got this habit of changing the sport being discussed as justification for unrelated beliefs. See the food argument of all things.
Did he hurt a significant enough group of people? The whole Martha's Vineyard fiasco was a con, among others

If you wanna eat unhealthy, then eat unhealthy. The saying that breakfast is the most important meal is complete fucking bullshit and it's the worst meal you can have (and not because of what foods are part of breakfast but because the time you eat it). Bread today and bread from the past are like 2 different foods. Eating sugar very moderately like we have for all our history (minus like the last ~100 years) isn't poison but eating it the amounts we do today is poison (you know the saying about it's the dosage that makes something poison?). You should look up what insulin resistance is. Our body can only process small amounts of sugar at a time. That's not my opinion, that's basic science. Why do you literally disagree with everything I say regardless of your ignorance on the subject?

No it hasn't. There's tons of elective surgeries that make people's lives better that aren't medically necessary. The data we have looks like trans surgeries will improve their lives overall. We don't even know that for sure right now. Then, secondly the improvement would have to be of at least a certain amount to be deemed medically necessary. Why isn't say LASIK covered by insurance? You're acting like Silvanus and trying to say something we know very little about is somehow settled science, that's not how science works.

So why should someone vote for Crist over DeSantis. You have this habit of not answering the big picture questions. I used the food example of things official institutions have recommended that have been horrifically wrong in the past to point out why should I believe some other institution's recommendation when their track records aren't very good? That's why regardless of who says something, I want data and logic for their argument vs blind trust in what they're saying. I know the whole history of the fat vs sugar debate and even back when it started there was never any evidence or logic (nor is there now) of fat being bad for you. Fat has always been a staple of what humans have eaten so why would it be poisonous now? See how you disbelieving me just because you want to doesn't even make sense in regards to your own statement?

It's not a con just a political stunt. You didn't even read that article did you? You really like judge decisions when they agree with your notions. What about all the judge decisions against the vaccine mandates and all the people hurt from that, your lips are sealed on all of that aren't they?

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
No it hasn't. There's tons of elective surgeries that make people's lives better that aren't medically necessary. The data we have looks like trans surgeries will improve their lives overall. We don't even know that for sure right now. Then, secondly the improvement would have to be of at least a certain amount to be deemed medically necessary. Why isn't say LASIK covered by insurance?
Because we have a clownshoes healthcare system

Like, what's the argument here, "because our bad healthcare system is bad in other places, it should also be bad for trans treatments specifically, regardless that major medical associations who research this stuff say otherwise"?
Fat has always been a staple of what humans have eaten so why would it be poisonous now? See how you disbelieving me just because you want to doesn't even make sense in regards to your own statement?
It's not and actual healthcare people have never said it was. I'm not going to defend arguments you've hallucinated for me
It's not a con just a political stunt.
How many people does it need to hurt before it gets upgraded? There's an estimated 100,000 trans people in Florida.
You didn't even read that article did you? You really like judge decisions when they agree with your notions. What about all the judge decisions against the vaccine mandates and all the people hurt from that, your lips are sealed on all of that aren't they?
Man, you really like judge decisions when they agree with your notions but your lips are sealed when they don't

Last edited:

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
They wanted people to constantly eat bread and grains, which is pretty bad advice. Yeah, sugar is basically just a slow acting poison. The fact that they basically say fats are as bad as sugars is sheer incompetence. Butter is so much better for you than most oils (olive oil is one of the few good ones) and fake butters as well. The cholesterol in foods doesn't matter at all as when you eat foods with cholesterol you don't actually gain that cholesterol (your body produces your own cholesterol), and we've known that for over 50 years and still your see tons of things saying such and such food isn't that good for you because it has cholesterol (like the whole back and forth with eggs, which is an amazingly good food to eat). Yeah, processed food is pretty bad, they are even making the healthiest part of the very unhealthy standard fast food combo less healthy with the beyond/impossible meat that is so processed it's not even funny (how can you fail that much in your advice?). Much of the "official" advice on what to eat during my lifetime at least has only made people much more unhealthy.

You can look up everything I said, it checks out. Show me data that trans surgery is medically necessary.

So everything I talk about I have preconceived notions about and everything you talk about you don't have preconceived notions about? Sure thing...

I'll just take that to mean that you don't actually know the overarching policies to have an actual discussion.
I absolutely guarantee you get your nutrition information from social media fugures.