If DeSantis wins

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And Florida is forcibly detransitioning trans teens already on hormones and puberty blockers, because bureaucrats know more than doctors

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
They probably don't feel any sense of solidarity with other latin people. Not saying they should or anything. As to the details of the why, that's a case-by-case basis, though I imagine they vote Republican for similar reasons white people do.
But if they're not a monolith and "hispanics" is not a real thing, why should they feel solidarity? Why have that expectation in the first place? I think just expecting them to have solidarity is in itself racist and it leads to them failing to meet this expectation and being seen as some sort of traitor to "their people" which is even more racist.

And yes, they most likely vote this way to pay less in taxes and more fundamentally to preserve the economic system they think they are thriving due to, not because of hatred.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
But if they're not a monolith and "hispanics" is not a real thing, why should they feel solidarity? Why have that expectation in the first place? I think just expecting them to have solidarity is in itself racist and it leads to them failing to meet this expectation and being seen as some sort of traitor to "their people" which is even more racist.
Never said any of that. You make shit up dude.

And yes, they most likely vote this way to pay less in taxes and more fundamentally to preserve the economic system they think they are thriving due to, not because of hatred.
Probably. Though if any of them cheered on the Martha's Vineyard stunt, then yeah, they probably have some issues with other brown people.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
The saying that breakfast is the most important meal is complete fucking bullshit and it's the worst meal you can have (and not because of what foods are part of breakfast but because the time you eat it).
yeah. This is absolute nonsense trash. This combined with your anti-grain shit I can probably tell WHICH fitness influencers you're getting your info from. And you should stop it.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Because we have a clownshoes healthcare system

Like, what's the argument here, "because our bad healthcare system is bad in other places, it should also be bad for trans treatments specifically, regardless that major medical associations who research this stuff say otherwise"?
It's not and actual healthcare people have never said it was. I'm not going to defend arguments you've hallucinated for me
How many people does it need to hurt before it gets upgraded? There's an estimated 100,000 trans people in Florida.
Man, you really like judge decisions when they agree with your notions but your lips are sealed when they don't
If our criteria for people (ALL people) getting surgeries covered is that it's medically necessary, then why is some other group getting special treatment? It's not about denying people things, it's about staying consistent in the rules. if something like LASIK was covered, then trans stuff should be covered because that's staying consistent in the rules. The way things are now, surgeries have to be medically necessary to be covered by insurance, that's just the way it is.

Your argument was literally we've eaten sugar before and it wasn't poison. We've eaten fat before and it wasn't poison so why would you think fat is poison? That's what the official health associations have been saying for 50+ years.

The plane was a political stunt, what does that have to do with trans people?

If you would've read the article, the judge dismissed the voter fraud case because the prosecutor didn't have jurisdiction vs them actually being wrong. Whereas the vaccine mandate cases are the judges saying there's no proof that the mandates will do anything. Funny how when something like these vaccine mandates have to win in a forum that requires like, you know, evidence and logic and all that, they always fail to prove their case.

I absolutely guarantee you get your nutrition information from social media fugures.
I don't participate in social media. You guys are constantly posting stuff from social media figures. When have I ever posted any info from like Twitter or anything? You can literally look up everything I've said with regards to nutrition, it will all check out. I even know stuff like you're arteries technically don't ever get clogged, it's the walls that expand from cholesterol fixing holes caused by inflammation. And guess what causes inflammation?

So you think it's okay that he wasted a bundle of taxpayer money on what amounted to a "prank" as understood by a sociopath?
And that is more money wasted than other politicians who also waste money on political agendas?

And Florida is forcibly detransitioning trans teens already on hormones and puberty blockers, because bureaucrats know more than doctors
Other more progressive countries have reached the same conclusions based on, you know, actual science. You don't mess with kids until you know something is safe, that's so very basic.

yeah. This is absolute nonsense trash. This combined with your anti-grain shit I can probably tell WHICH fitness influencers you're getting your info from. And you should stop it.
Have you actually looked into why breakfast became a thing? It's because workers would have to work so long and continuous that they needed to eat before work to actually eat enough food for the day. There's no reason to break your fast (hence why it's called breakfast) until you're actually hungry. Breaking your fast just to fill in some meal you're told you must eat literally makes no nutritional sense. Ideally, you only want to eat food during like a 4 hour or so window so doing lunch and an early dinner is very doable for social purposes (eating with others and such). So you can do breakfast if your eating window for the day is breakfast-lunch (and skip dinner) but that doesn't fit in socially nearly as much, the 3 meal standard is not at all aligned with any nutritional science. It's really just a bunch of common sense and following what your body is telling you. I recently switched to doing early dinners because I noticed when I got home from work I was hungry and wanted to snack so a month or so back I just did dinner at that time instead and basically cut out that snack of extra food I really didn't need at all. And then before, it would be like 8-9pm and I would like force myself to eat dinner as I wasn't really even hungry because having a snack when I got home. It's not really hard, it's just paying attention mainly. You're acting like I'm saying the earth is flat or something.

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
And that is more money wasted than other politicians who also waste money on political agendas?
That's a yes, you do think that was a worthwhile use of taxpayer money.

For future reference, whenever I ask you a yes or no question like that, any response you give that is not an unequivocal "NO" will be taken as a "YES."

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I don't participate in social media. You guys are constantly posting stuff from social media figures. When have I ever posted any info from like Twitter or anything?
Horseshit. All your info comes from youtubers. You've just somehow convinced yourself that once a source is linked in a tweet it becomes less reliable than "shit that a knob with a camera said for money".

You can literally look up everything I've said with regards to nutrition, it will all check out. I even know stuff like you're arteries technically don't ever get clogged, it's the walls that expand from cholesterol fixing holes caused by inflammation. And guess what causes inflammation?
I have looked it up when I was studying sports nutrition.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
If our criteria for people (ALL people) getting surgeries covered is that it's medically necessary, then why is some other group getting special treatment? It's not about denying people things, it's about staying consistent in the rules. if something like LASIK was covered, then trans stuff should be covered because that's staying consistent in the rules. The way things are now, surgeries have to be medically necessary to be covered by insurance, that's just the way it is.
So, they *are* medically necessary, and the idea that trans people are getting special treatment is fucking hilarious
Your argument was literally we've eaten sugar before and it wasn't poison. We've eaten fat before and it wasn't poison so why would you think fat is poison? That's what the official health associations have been saying for 50+ years.
A) I will not argue in defense of an opinion you've hallucinated for me or on behalf of arguments you've hallucinated for other people
The plane was a political stunt, what does that have to do with trans people?
Just gauging how many people it has to effect to upgrade from harmful stunt to an actually bad thing
Other more progressive countries have reached the same conclusions based on, you know, actual science. You don't mess with kids until you know something is safe, that's so very basic.
Pick a country you claim has done that, then send me a $20 eshop card when I point out they still allow trans medical care to minors

Side note, why are you trusting politicians who don't know jack shit about a person's individual circumstances over their personal doctor who's already prescribed them the medication they are already on? Big fan of the government forcing medical decisions on people all of a sudden?

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
That's a yes, you do think that was a worthwhile use of taxpayer money.

For future reference, whenever I ask you a yes or no question like that, any response you give that is not an unequivocal "NO" will be taken as a "YES."
No proof for that I see. You think I'm trying to defend like DeSantis or whoever? I'm not hand waving that plane stunt as not being a bad thing, but overall, how is DeSantis any worse than the average governor (that requires a whole thread about what do we do if DeSantis wins)? Because if you just wanna point out this guy is bad because he did this bad shit; well, your guy did equally bad shit so what's the difference? Why do you guys only feel the need to point out republican bad stuff but not democratic bad stuff?

Horseshit. All your info comes from youtubers. You've just somehow convinced yourself that once a source is linked in a tweet it becomes less reliable than "shit that a knob with a camera said for money".

I have looked it up when I was studying sports nutrition.
Yes because a doctor/scientist/professional whatever going over something thoroughly and with nuance is the same as a whatever-character limit tweet commenting on some article? If you put videos of a professor teaching class on Youtube, was what he taught valid before it goes on Youtube and becomes invalid afterward? The reason Twiiter is such garbage because how the character limit removes nuance and most tweets about an article boil it down to something it's really not and when you actually read the thing, you see the tweeter's comment is basically misinformation on what that article actually said. And it seems like nobody around here actually reads the articles. Youtube can be used as a great teaching method (obviously not always or even mostly but it can) whereas Twiiter is never a good teaching method.

Looked up what?

So, they *are* medically necessary, and the idea that trans people are getting special treatment is fucking hilarious
A) I will not argue in defense of an opinion you've hallucinated for me or on behalf of arguments you've hallucinated for other people
Just gauging how many people it has to effect to upgrade from harmful stunt to an actually bad thing
Pick a country you claim has done that, then send me a $20 eshop card when I point out they still allow trans medical care to minors

Side note, why are you trusting politicians who don't know jack shit about a person's individual circumstances over their personal doctor who's already prescribed them the medication they are already on? Big fan of the government forcing medical decisions on people all of a sudden?
OMG, you just wanna believe what you wanna at this point. Why are you linking to some FAQ page? Give me some actual data saying such. We don't even have a preponderance of evidence saying surgeries even help more than other treatments yet alone they help so much that they are medically necessary. The FAQ included a court case that had nothing to do with surgery in it's "can gender-affirming surgery and/or hormone therapy be considered 'medically necessary'" section.

That's literally the argument you made...
1667508607228.png

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Because if you just wanna point out this guy is bad because he did this bad shit; well, your guy did equally bad shit so what's the difference?
No he didn't. You make shit up, dude. Don't make shit up.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
OMG, you just wanna believe what you wanna at this point. Why are you linking to some FAQ page? Give me some actual data saying such. We don't even have a preponderance of evidence saying surgeries even help more than other treatments yet alone they help so much that they are medically necessary. The FAQ included a court case that had nothing to do with surgery in it's "can gender-affirming surgery and/or hormone therapy be considered 'medically necessary'" section.
I can keep quoting medical organizations all day long.
That's literally the argument you made...
View attachment 7336
..? What argument do you believe I've made, specifically?
You owe me a $20 eshop card
As a result of this determination, the eligibility for pediatric gender transition with puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones in Sweden will be sharply curtailed. Only a minority of gender dysphoric youth—those with the “classic” childhood onset of cross-sex identification and distress, which persist and cause clear suffering in adolescence—will be considered as potentially eligible for hormonal interventions, pending additional, extensive multidisciplinary evaluation.

For all others, including the now-prevalent cohort of youth whose transgender identities emerged for the first time during or after puberty, psychiatric care and gender-exploratory psychotherapy will be offered instead. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis, and the number of clinics providing pediatric gender transition will be reduced to a few highly specialized centralized care centers.
(Of course, if this is the sort of site you get your information from, then of *course* you haven't seen any good studies showing that transition care is medically necessary. Fucking hell, they still think that Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria study is a useful thing, when it's a study about trans people that asks trans people zero questions and is just a survey about when parents first noticed their kid was trans)

I should also note that your "more progressive countries" are Sweden and Finland exclusively

Last edited:

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Yes because a doctor/scientist/professional whatever going over something thoroughly and with nuance is the same as a whatever-character limit tweet commenting on some article? If you put videos of a professor teaching class on Youtube, was what he taught valid before it goes on Youtube and becomes invalid afterward? The reason Twiiter is such garbage because how the character limit removes nuance and most tweets about an article boil it down to something it's really not and when you actually read the thing, you see the tweeter's comment is basically misinformation on what that article actually said. And it seems like nobody around here actually reads the articles. Youtube can be used as a great teaching method (obviously not always or even mostly but it can) whereas Twiiter is never a good teaching method.
Jesus... You're meant to read the articles! The tweet isn't the source it's just a link to the source. Like... Man? What the fuck?

Looked up what?
What you're talking about.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No he didn't. You make shit up, dude. Don't make shit up.
Huh?

I can keep quoting medical organizations all day long.
..? What argument do you believe I've made, specifically?

You owe me a $20 eshop card

(Of course, if this is the sort of site you get your information from, then of *course* you haven't seen any good studies showing that transition care is medically necessary. Fucking hell, they still think that Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria study is a useful thing, when it's a study about trans people that asks trans people zero questions and is just a survey about when parents first noticed their kid was trans)

I should also note that your "more progressive countries" are Sweden and Finland exclusively
And I can keep asking for data all day too. I don't care what anyone says without the data and logic to back it up.

I said sugar is poison, you said staple foods we've eaten for a long time aren't poison (paraphrase). I assume you're commenting on the sugar part not the bread/grain part since I didn't say they were poison (just that they were bad to eat constantly like the food pyramid said). Then why would fat be basically poison as the major health organizations have been saying for over 50 years? That's my point because if you wanna go by that logic, then why are you giving these official health organizations all this credence?

Access to hormonal interventions for youth <18 will be tightly restricted. The goal is to administer these interventions in research settings only
How is that not banned? Youth can only get hormones if they are like in a study or something since it's only for research purposes. If Florida did exactly what Sweden did, you'd still be all over them. Doing stuff to kids that we don't know the whole picture is not good. I couldn't care less what an adult does because they are an adult and can do what they want. I only ever posted one link from that site (it popped on the first page of Google results) and the link itself was completely accurate in what they reported on.

How is their take on the actual science (not the "science") wrong in any way? What bias against trans people do they have?

I could not invent a better example of the "Thinks he's wicked clever, but is he?" behaviour if I tried.
I didn't think that was clever just super plainly said what I said.

Jesus... You're meant to read the articles! The tweet isn't the source it's just a link to the source. Like... Man? What the fuck?

What you're talking about.
And so many times people here have posted tweets and obviously not read the article, that was my point. And even if you do read the article, the tweet's framing is gonna have you reading the article with a preconceived bias. It's why I waited on looking into the Rittenhouse case until they made the videos publicly available, I didn't want anything clouding my perception on it.

About what specifically because sports nutrition and the nutrition for a normal person will say different things. Like people training and playing sports regularly will want many more carbs than someone who is not.

Well I never post tweets. But equally, post studies rather than a youtuber discussing those studies.
I didn't realize posting a Youtube video of someone that is literally a professional peer reviewer of said studies is a bad source. How is posting long-form Youtube interviews with Paul Offit a bad source?

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
The governor of Pennsylvania never did anything morally or ethically equivalent to spending taxpayer money on shipping legal asylum seekers to another state in a cheap anti-immigrant political stunt. You make shit up.